The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Pocket Books Will Have Trek @ Comic Con
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-16-2008, 06:20 AM
tomcatjosh's Avatar
tomcatjosh tomcatjosh is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,803
Post

You Never Know, Though! Someones Gonna Spill The Beans!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-16-2008, 06:23 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatjosh View Post
You Never Know, Though! Someones Gonna Spill The Beans!
I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Fox wouldn't be real happy if JJ starts talking about a film for another studio.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-16-2008, 06:30 AM
tomcatjosh's Avatar
tomcatjosh tomcatjosh is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,803
Post

True. Or Maybe He'll Pop In During The PB Hour!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-16-2008, 06:35 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatjosh View Post
True. Or Maybe He'll Pop In During The PB Hour!
Maybe...
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-16-2008, 06:45 AM
tomcatjosh's Avatar
tomcatjosh tomcatjosh is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,803
Post

Either Way, I'm Predicting More Info Or Screens In The Next 2-3 Weeks If Not A Trailer As JJ Gets Into The " Movie Spirit"
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-16-2008, 07:10 AM
brenden freeze's Avatar
brenden freeze brenden freeze is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Archer Medical Bay
Posts: 1,333
Default

Its nice to learn something new everyday
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:25 AM
MissionTrek08's Avatar
MissionTrek08 MissionTrek08 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,562
Default

It's not that there is no TREK at Comic-Con, just nothing from the new film. Big difference.

And no, JJ will pop up in the middle of Pocket Books presentation on TREK publishing to discuss his film. That time belongs to PB, who booked it with Comic-Con -- just like he won't be talking TREK when he's supposed to be promoting FRINGE... wrong studio.

The film still belongs to Paramount, who have no official presence at the con this year. To be fair, I notice that all the studios have a reduced presence at CC this year too, and much more of the schedule is devoted to comics this year than last -- no doubt how it used to be.

It's hard to tell if this is a trend which may 'reverse' how Comic-Con became one giant multi-studio junket for film in recent years. Next year's lineup will go a long way to answering that question. As our friend would say, "Fascinating."
__________________

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK


Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
It's not that there is no TREK at Comic-Con, just nothing from the new film. Big difference.

And no, JJ will pop up in the middle of Pocket Books presentation on TREK publishing to discuss his film. That time belongs to PB, who booked it with Comic-Con -- just like he won't be talking TREK when he's supposed to be promoting FRINGE... wrong studio.

The film still belongs to Paramount, who have no official presence at the con this year. To be fair, I notice that all the studios have a reduced presence at CC this year too, and much more of the schedule is devoted to comics this year than last -- no doubt how it used to be.

It's hard to tell if this is a trend which may 'reverse' how Comic-Con became one giant multi-studio junket for film in recent years. Next year's lineup will go a long way to answering that question. As our friend would say, "Fascinating."
Remember when Cons were about having fun?
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:35 AM
MissionTrek08's Avatar
MissionTrek08 MissionTrek08 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,562
Default

Oh, I would have found last year's Comic-Con lots of fun if I weren't 'working' the whole time to report on it. Then again, I'm much more of a movie guy than a comics guy.

The gaggle of slave-girl Leia's posing with the giant Jabba figure was MOST entertaining!
__________________

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK


Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
Oh, I would have found last year's Comic-Con lots of fun if I weren't 'working' the whole time to report on it. Then again, I'm much more of a movie guy than a comics guy.

The gaggle of slave-girl Leia's posing with the giant Jabba figure was MOST entertaining!
Did that get extensive coverage?
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.