The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > When did you accept it?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2008, 03:10 AM
Ensign

From the beginning. I thought "Broken Bow" was the best pilot since The Original Series' ones. It had humor, down to earth characters, was lite on technobabble and technology and had plenty of action. The only thing I didn't like about the show is that we never found out who was giving the Suliban their orders and his motive (aside from tampering with history). I continued to watch week after week until they cancelled it. The Andorians have become one of my favourite races. Season Two was the hardest work, about midway through where it felt like they were running out of steam. The Xindi attack on Earth kicked it into high gear and afterwards the next year has some of my favourite episodes full stop. I really wanted to see the build up to the Romulan War, hinted at in the trilogy beginning with "Babel One". The finale was awful and devoted too much attention to TNG characters, who should never have been in Enterprise's swansong.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:01 AM
Midshipman

From the first season finale "shockwave" part 1. Great cliffhanger! In the beginning I thought it was not StarTrek. But my feelings changed after "shockwave" part 1. And now I find Enterprise the 2nd best StarTrek series, after DS9.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
From the beginning? Which season? Never?
4th season here...
good job finally working an interesting question in there dood....

It took a long *** time for me, i just could not get with this show, but 4th season there was something about it that made all the earlier seasons make sense- i think for me it was the Vulcan arc, Forge-Awakening-Kir'Shara, that just brought it all home for me, the vulcan-andorian conflict, why the vulcans and humans didn't get along, why the vulcans we knew seemed so radically different from the ones 100 years later... really that brought the show together for me, and actually it's my favorate of them all really

Still, i hate the xindi and sulban arcs (yes i know this is, like, half the show) and i don't think i'll be able to get with that part of it, but the other half of the episodes with out idiot plot ideas like suliban/xindi are pretty solid (and a few of the xindi ones are all right actually but overall just a crappy way to do things...)
Old 02-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Never accepted it.

I wanted to. I had high hopes for a pre-Federation series.

But it never worked. The first three seasons were bogged down with the inane "Temporal Cold War" arc and the fourth season was fanboyish nonsense.

The characters were terrible. The series tanked in every way possible.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

From the beginning. Always had hopes of seeing the Romulan War, fought with "primiive nuclear weapons, allowing no contact."
Old 02-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Lieutenant

Season one had some decent episodes especially the ones with Shran...But season 4 really helped tie some loose star trek canon together and at the same time have some interesting story lines which didn't just last one or two episodes.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Commander

I loved Enterprise. Great story arcs, introduction of new canon. A season long search for the Xindi, and Archer resorting to some drastic measures. I personally liked the Klingon augment story. Terra Prime showed that not all humans accepted the changes that were happening, which would be much more true to life.

For me, one of the reasons that Enterprise worked was because it wasn't set so far in the future. It was the most believable of the Trek's. Things like: the need for the UT, the fear of the transporter, grappling hooks, the need for the Prime Directive, yadda yadda.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Midshipman

I didn't get a chance to start watching the series until the summer repeats of season 2 in 2003. I tuned in every week to see what episodes I could, but didn't quite become hooked onto the series until season 3.

Seasons 1 (which I recently got a chance to see some eps from) and 2 had slight "Trek" feels to them, but they didn't totally grab me as Trek until season 3.

Season 4 may have been for the fanboys, but the writing did become more consistent, imo at least.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Ensign

I accepted it as soon as I saw the trailer on a Deep Space Nince DVD. I liked the fact that they were going to make a series about the pioneering days of Starfleet, very much like what Westerns do when we go back to a time when a country was just in the process of getting on its feet. I look at Enterprise in that way. An investigation of the past, in order to get a more enlightened view of what came after.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Ensign

I loved it from the beginning but I was especially proud as a fan of what Manny did with season 4, he was a god among men for sure, his vission bought Enterprise back from the brink of distruction, just a shame he let B & B pen the last ep. Its one I've never watched and I refuse to.