The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Games/Toys > Games/Toys > Hallmark ornaments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Lieutenant

Default Hallmark ornaments

So the lady at the Hallmark let me peak at the Kirk with Tribbles ornament.

And it is AWESOME.

Has Kirk's voice ordering ever crew member to deal with it as tribbles fall down.

http://www.trekunited.com/news/content/view/1006/80/

My complaint is these are battery operated, they don't plug into the lights. So to have them lit up, you have to constantly be pushing the buttons. I liked it how when I turn on my Christmas tree, Janeway, Kirk, Spock, Worf, Picard, Darth Vader, Yoda, and Luke all talk at once and battle. I miss that about the battery operated ones.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Yeah, but the ones that plug into the lights have a limit of 3 ornaments per light strand. That means if you have a lot, you need a couple of extension cords running down the three so each strand can be separately plugged in. I finally shook the addiction to the ships after something like 17....that's a lot of "plug ins". I've always thought that Hallmark should have offered a 3 plug only strand that just handled the ornaments so you could keep your lighting separate.

I haven't done the figures at all, but I have to admit that the Tribble one has a lot of appeal. I've already gotten one frantic phone call from a friend who saw it saying "You have to have this!!"

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Lieutenant

Yeah, I figured it was a safety thing... but dang hearing all ships start talking is kewl.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Captain

My wife makes me put all of my cool Trek ornaments on a smaller tree...sniff sniff.

But only because we use those old fashioned lights that my ornaments can't plug into!

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Federation Councillor

I have all the ornamanets now. My wife is so cool that way. We have a large shelf that I do lights on just for the Trek ones!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Vice Admiral

I saw the tribble one going up too - I don't always get them but this is too good to pass up. (I alternate between Trek, Gone w/t Wind, and the Simpsons.) There was an Enterprise-D from "All good Things" marked 50% off and now I'm kicking myself for not grabbing it.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerhanner View Post
I saw the tribble one going up too - I don't always get them but this is too good to pass up. (I alternate between Trek, Gone w/t Wind, and the Simpsons.) There was an Enterprise-D from "All good Things" marked 50% off and now I'm kicking myself for not grabbing it.
You mean E? I have that one. It's kewl.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Lieutenant

I was fortunate enough to have received the original 1991 USS Enterprise as a graduation gift. It has some worth to it now, but I might sell it in a couple decades.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I have all the ornamanets now. My wife is so cool that way. We have a large shelf that I do lights on just for the Trek ones!
That is a great idea! Of course, my "3 plug only" light strand would be really helpful there....getting them on the tree is such a chore that this past Christmas I didn't even try....2 got on because they never got taken off their light strands the previous Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_of_the_Enterprise View Post
I was fortunate enough to have received the original 1991 USS Enterprise as a graduation gift. It has some worth to it now, but I might sell it in a couple decades.
I was gifted one in 1991. Hallmark apparently had no idea how rabid the Star Fleet fans are because all stores were running out everywhere. I remember seeing an ad that year offering $250 for one. I happened to mention to a customer (I worked at a Photo Lab) that I was heading to Mervyns to go through their bins since technically, they are a Hallmark outlet. He went to a brand new Mervyns in a brand new mall (where he lived...big phot lab with customers nationwide) that wasn't very popular yet and found 5...so he sent me on.

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

i got worfs runabout a few years ago for $14 after Christmas. i rarly see them onsale.