The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > So, my fellow, music freaks...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Midshipman

Erm....this is where it gets kinda embarrassing...

Backstreet Boys (yes I said it!)
The City Drive
Alison Krauss
Status Quo
and some more that I can't think of right now

as you can see it's quite varied...
Old 02-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Eris_ View Post
You and I have some music exchanging to do.
Gladly
Old 02-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Hmm. Favorite bands? Well, I like Simon and Garfunkel (both their time together and solo work), The Carpenters, Janis Joplin, Tracy Chapman, Evanescence, Lionel Richie, Weird Al Yankovic, Michael Jackson, The Police, and U2. These are some of my favorite and most-often listened to groups and singers, but a lot of the music I listen to is from other artists that I know from one or two songs of and nothing else, except from singing a certain sort of music.

So even if I don't know their names, I still love the genre or type of songs they sing. Doo-Wop, for example. I lovelovelove the sound and rhythm and style of that era but can hardly name more than three artists, and the same goes for much of the Sixties, too. I adore the sound and all that, but don't know too many specific artists. ('Cept for a few of the important ones. The Beatles, obviously. Jefferson Airplane and The Mamas and Papas, FTW.)

I also listen to seventies music, the folk/rock songs and a little bit of funk and disco, a mixed bag of Eighties songs (love ballads, New Wave, Rock... the Eighties had loads of good music to pick from), classic rock of both the 'n Roll and Genesis/Aerosmith/Pink Floyd/etc. varieties, and a handful of Nineties tunes for nostalgia and stuff. Though some of the Nineties' pop was pretty good, albeit from the perspective of someone who was a kid at the time and can't remember anything bad from that entire decade. (And don't feel bad, Trekette, BSB are awesome<3)

Oh, and soundtracks. I haven't got very many, but the ones I have are great. I've got the Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, some Pokemon music, Tarzan, The Sound of Music, Treasure Planet, and a lot of random classical music that I'm not very knowledgeable about yet but like listening to anyway. Classical music is just great, especially the Strauss family's waltzes. I looove those songs, they're SO much fun.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Ok here are some bands I like there are tons more though, Here goes:
Seether, Shinedown, Godsmack, Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins, Eve 6, Seven Mary Three, Live, Hootie and the Blowfish, 30 Seconds to Mars, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Cradle of Filth, Coal Chamber, Therion, Rammstein, Nightwish, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Pink Floyd, Tantric, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Korn, Cream, The Allman Brothers Band, Avenged Sevenfold, Hinder, Oasis, Blue October, Blue Oyster Cult, Steppenwolf, Poison, Bon Jovi, Everclear, Oleander, Soundgarden, Sister Hazel, Guns-N-Roses, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Metallica, Pantera, Mudvayne, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Skid Row, The Ramones, Queen, Styx, Sevendust, System of a Down, Adema, The Wallflowers, The Cure, Fleetwood Mac, The Greatful Dead, Iron Maiden, Iron Butterfly, The Moody Blues, Uriah Heap, Linkin Park, Kid Rock, The Cruxshadows, Papa Roach, The Prom Kings, The Exies, Red, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Killswitch Engage, Dimmu Borgir, Sum 41, Simple Plan, The Animals, The Beatles, The Eagles, Aerosmith, The Scorpions, Whitesnake, U2, The White Stripes, Black Sabbath, Blind Melon, The Verve, Jimmy Eat World, Blink 182, Jet, Lostprophets, HIM, Taproot, I'm sure I'm leaving several out but there is a start.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Lieutenant

Kira and Chromatics, what do you think of the new Nightwish album?
Honestly, I only like "The Poet and the Pendulm". It will take much
getting used to the sound of the new voice.

"It might not be so bad. For all we know the Vorta could be gluttonous, alcoholic sex maniacs."
~Quark and Ziyal
Old 02-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Well she is alright but Tarja was much better! How dare she leave the band! As for the album itself I haven't had a chance to listen to all of it yet.

Last edited by KiraTroi87 : 02-06-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Ensign

I listen to all kinds of music...all kinds of rock mostly. Here's some I listen to every day;

Evanescence, My Chemical Romance, Pink Floyd, 30 Seconds To Mars, Flyleaf, Avenged Sevenfold, Seether, t.A.T.u, I Am Ghost, Trapt, Poison, Fleetwood Mac, HIM, Epica, Breaking Benjamin, Finger Eleven, Hinder, Jefferson Airplane, Stepphenwolf, The Vincent Black Shadow, Aerosmith, Korn, Sick Puppies, Lacuna Coil, Switchfoot, The Rolling Stones, Green Day, Creed, Sum 41, Nickelback, Paramore, Drowning Pool, Sirenia, Theory of a Deadman, The Ting Tings, Angelspit, Within Temptation, Hollywood Undead, Slipknot, Staind, Feeder, Whitesnake

There's more, I can't think of any more right now.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Lieutenant Commander

If I try to list all of my favorites, I'll be here a long dam time...so I'll put it this way...
As long as it is NOT gangsta Rap, I'll listen to it....except for classical, which I heard way too much of as a child. Other than those two restrictions, I'm pretty much up for any artist, and any genre!

Proud Patron of Eliza's Avatar Lab!!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

Pink Floyd
Eagles
Eat Static
ELO
Lords of Acid
Bjork
Kate Bush
The Flaming Lips (mostly for their stage show)
Genitorturers
Styx
Ramones
Clash
Blondie (back in the day)
Devo
They Might Be Giants

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Fleet Admiral

Good grief Pink Floyd is played out.
Bjork is hype
Eagles is just plain oooold.
heck most of those are just...ugh....