The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > We're here because of Star Trek, but what are your other interests/hobbies/talents?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Ensign

Default We're here because of Star Trek, but what are your other interests/hobbies/talents?

I thought it would be neat to learn what else makes ya tick. You can readily tell that there are people here who are quite talented when it comes to writing (intelligent discussions about what they know and/or fics), humor (either writing or art-related), photoshop and graphics, games, socializin', and stuff like that, and there's got to be other things people are interested in, or hobbies, sports, arts, talents or skills that y'all possess about which you'd want to tell people, right?

Well, instead of goin' around and attempt to learn stuff from everyone's profiles, you can use this space to post about some of those other things (already known or not so well-known).

Of course, keep the subject matter appropriate to a family-friendly forum, and who knows - maybe you'll learn that you have some interests in common with other members about which you didn't know! Or maybe you could learn more about something with which someone else is more experienced?

Yeah, I write too much. I'll let someone else go first, so I don't keep writing/typin'...

Old 02-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Lieutenant

Erm well im a musician and im a fairly good personal trainer imo lol

HardyCofE
Old 02-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Fleet Admiral

Science, ballroom dancing, BTTF

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 02-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Ensign

I'm a gamer who's going to college in the fall to major in astrophysics, so I can honestly say that Sci-Fi helped me find purpose.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Ensign

First and foremost, writing (duh.) Film making too, since I caught the bug with New Voyages. Also like watching movies, hockey and football, classic rock.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Lieutenant

Well, I'm passionate about drawing. I once drew the whole cast of DS9 when I was
14 years old and they all came out very well. I used to draw portraits as a part time
job, would charge like, $30 for my time and the portrait. Now, I mostly just draw what's
in my head, lot of weird stuff up there. I've been working on my 9th tattoo, still not sure
what I really want, though.

When I'm not motivated to draw, I'll write. I'm currently in the process of writing four
novels, neither are nowhere near finish. Most are fantasy genre, and one Star Trek one.

Lastly, but not least, I love to flyfish. I can tie my own flies and everything, but I just
really love wading in the rivers and lakes of the Rocky Mountains, trying to get the best catch.

Alright, I think I'm good.

"It might not be so bad. For all we know the Vorta could be gluttonous, alcoholic sex maniacs."
~Quark and Ziyal
Old 02-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Lieutenant

Fix computers...gamer...like to go to the movies, go camping, fishing.... also like to go metal detecting, though i've never found anything worth anything... Found a lot of older coins and some really old locks and stuff, which is really cool.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Video games, building models, drawing, writing, Liverpool FC, WWE, classical music, opera music etc...
Old 02-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Lieutenant

I started fencing when I got to college, but I play a lot of soccer. I'm a die-hard Chicago Cubs fan too. I'm poly sci major with an interest in International Affairs. That's me.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Aaleck,

Metal Detecting ha? That's a new one.

I like going to the movies (Alone or with friends), camping, hiking, reading, and accounting. I'm majoring in accounting and am really enjoying the class I'm in on it. Of course we haven't had our first midterm yet so that might change.