The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Original Series > Star Trek Phase II
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Eccentricity's Avatar
Eccentricity Eccentricity is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 40
Default Star Trek Phase II

I think this fan-made continuation of TOS is simply amazing. The latter episodes look quite professional and I think the writing has been better than in the TOS (obviously the effects are too).

Opinions?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-31-2008, 08:06 PM
omegaman's Avatar
omegaman omegaman is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Penrith NSW Australia
Posts: 4,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentricity View Post
I think this fan-made continuation of TOS is simply amazing. The latter episodes look quite professional and I think the writing has been better than in the TOS (obviously the effects are too).

Opinions?

Yes. I agree. It's very good.
__________________
TREK IS TREK. WHATEVER THE TIMELINE!

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-01-2008, 10:57 AM
vuedoc's Avatar
vuedoc vuedoc is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,931
Default

Their pilot episode looked like something from Saturday Night Live though. Oy! What horrible acting. I agree the stories and the writing got a lot better. I wish the production would go a little faster though but given what they're working with, I think it's great.
__________________
"Stop it? I'm counting on it."
"But not because you threaten me. I'll pay you because... it's my pleasure."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Yagami Crewman's Avatar
Yagami Crewman Yagami Crewman is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Goose Creek, South Carolina
Posts: 1,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
Their pilot episode looked like something from Saturday Night Live though. Oy! What horrible acting. I agree the stories and the writing got a lot better. I wish the production would go a little faster though but given what they're working with, I think it's great.
I believe even the people at Phase II have quietly shelved "Come What May"

"In Harm's Way" was pretty good except that in Star Trek, 300 meter starships don't manuever like airplanes in a dogfight. It was great seeing William Windom again as Commodore Decker.

Later episodes have continued to improve.
__________________
Ever notice that many of the same people who want variety in life frown very hard on vanilla... But without Vanilla, Baskin Robbins just wouldn't BE 31 flavors.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Oregon_Coast_Trekkie's Avatar
Oregon_Coast_Trekkie Oregon_Coast_Trekkie is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagami Crewman View Post
I believe even the people at Phase II have quietly shelved "Come What May"

"In Harm's Way" was pretty good except that in Star Trek, 300 meter starships don't manuever like airplanes in a dogfight. It was great seeing William Windom again as Commodore Decker.

Later episodes have continued to improve.

I don't think it has actually been discovered how an object that large can maneuver in space. We often apply our earth thinking to things like that. But in space, the Enterprise would technically be weightless. Factor that in with things like no gravity, no wind or any other drag coefficient. Size is a factor in maneuverability here on earth, but in actauality, in space, it might not be.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Yagami Crewman's Avatar
Yagami Crewman Yagami Crewman is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Goose Creek, South Carolina
Posts: 1,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Coast_Trekkie View Post
I don't think it has actually been discovered how an object that large can maneuver in space. We often apply our earth thinking to things like that. But in space, the Enterprise would technically be weightless. Factor that in with things like no gravity, no wind or any other drag coefficient. Size is a factor in maneuverability here on earth, but in actauality, in space, it might not be.
True but I'm just noting that in Star Trek, even Jem Hadar fighters don't manuever THAT radically. So to stay truer to the material the ship movement needs to be a little more restrained...
__________________
Ever notice that many of the same people who want variety in life frown very hard on vanilla... But without Vanilla, Baskin Robbins just wouldn't BE 31 flavors.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-02-2008, 03:56 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagami Crewman View Post
I believe even the people at Phase II have quietly shelved "Come What May"

"In Harm's Way" was pretty good except that in Star Trek, 300 meter starships don't manuever like airplanes in a dogfight. It was great seeing William Windom again as Commodore Decker.

Later episodes have continued to improve.
But if TOS could have doen that style of effects in 1966, the ships would have done the "dogfighting" I think.

Phase II very much keeps the spirt of TOS alive.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-02-2008, 05:10 PM
vuedoc's Avatar
vuedoc vuedoc is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Coast_Trekkie View Post
I don't think it has actually been discovered how an object that large can maneuver in space. We often apply our earth thinking to things like that. But in space, the Enterprise would technically be weightless. Factor that in with things like no gravity, no wind or any other drag coefficient. Size is a factor in maneuverability here on earth, but in actauality, in space, it might not be.

Weightless doesn't mean mass-less. Even in space, F=ma
__________________
"Stop it? I'm counting on it."
"But not because you threaten me. I'll pay you because... it's my pleasure."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-02-2008, 06:08 PM
STARTREKINFINITY's Avatar
STARTREKINFINITY STARTREKINFINITY is offline
Midshipman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15
Default

STPhaseII is the best thing to happen to ST. It lets the studios know, that all along the Fans were right!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-03-2008, 03:51 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARTREKINFINITY View Post
STPhaseII is the best thing to happen to ST. It lets the studios know, that all along the Fans were right!
Very ture. I think it does a great job of keeping the spirit(s) of the charater (s)(including the E herself!)
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.