The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Films > Movies (I - X) > Best Scene In Any Trek Film?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-23-2008, 07:27 AM
FanWriter45's Avatar
FanWriter45 FanWriter45 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.
Posts: 3,051
Default

On top of it all, the scene that really sums up EVERYTHING about what Trek is really all about... Spock's farewell and death scene in WOK. Sacrifice, loss, friendship, (even a touch of humor.."What do you think of my solution?") It was like being a kid again, and watching Old Yeller... I'd never seen an auditorium of hard line Trekkies all get the sniffles at the same time. It was GREAT!

Secondly...

Well, as much as I keep telling people that Trek is about more than just "space battles..." WOK's Mutara Nebula battle... great final confrontation between the good guys and the villian.
__________________
Number Two: Conform, Number Six! Conform!

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
On top of it all, the scene that really sums up EVERYTHING about what Trek is really all about... Spock's farewell and death scene in WOK. Sacrifice, loss, friendship, (even a touch of humor.."What do you think of my solution?") It was like being a kid again, and watching Old Yeller... I'd never seen an auditorium of hard line Trekkies all get the sniffles at the same time. It was GREAT!

Secondly...

Well, as much as I keep telling people that Trek is about more than just "space battles..." WOK's Mutara Nebula battle... great final confrontation between the good guys and the villian.
I agree the Mutara Nebula battle has that great "submarine" battle feel.

I must admit the exprsssion on Kirk's face when he realizes his freind is not coming back, and the totality of his scarifice, probbaly Shatner's best moment in Trek.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Elizadolots's Avatar
Elizadolots Elizadolots is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,466
Default

Spock's death....horrible scar on my psyche that it remains....just an amazing scene. As Fanwriter says, it has everything.

After that, I'm going for Generations, when Kirk gives the command to leave Space Dock...he sits down and Scotty says "brought a tear to my eye..." It was a great friendship moment and I think the fact that it was not Spock or McCoy made it better because it showed that Kirk had that relationship with his entire bridge crew, they could all play with him.
__________________


Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-23-2008, 10:26 PM
KathrynJaneway's Avatar
KathrynJaneway KathrynJaneway is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere East of the Great Salt Lake.
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
They are in San Fransisco, but a passerby tells them the 'nuclear wessels' are in Alameda.

Great scene though!!
I know that..... I was quoting the scene.

I'll say I was very disappointed when I went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and learned there are no whales there and there never could have been whales there. Still one of my favorite spots on the planet.
__________________
Think Good thoughts. Thanks to Elizadolots for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

Spock's death was the most powerful scene in Trek.
I've never felt more moved by a moment.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-25-2008, 04:09 AM
Chris Fawkes's Avatar
Chris Fawkes Chris Fawkes is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,729
Default

Data experiencing his very first emotions - oh wait... this is the best scene thread.

Spocks death hands down. The interaction between Kirk and Spock. Even Scotties "He's dead already" was too perfect.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-25-2008, 04:46 AM
Quark's Avatar
Quark Quark is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Santa Monica, California
Posts: 2,653
Default

The Enterprise-D crash landing on Veridian III.
__________________
*The word "dabo" means "I will give" in Latin, and "Gold" in Aramaic.

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-27-2008, 04:06 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynJaneway View Post
I know that..... I was quoting the scene.

I'll say I was very disappointed when I went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and learned there are no whales there and there never could have been whales there. Still one of my favorite spots on the planet.
Same here!!

But I did see the future spot of Starfleet when taking a boat tour of the Bay. Even the guide pointed it out. "As seen the Star Trek films...that is the spot used in the shots of Starfleet."
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-27-2008, 07:19 AM
KathrynJaneway's Avatar
KathrynJaneway KathrynJaneway is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere East of the Great Salt Lake.
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Same here!!

But I did see the future spot of Starfleet when taking a boat tour of the Bay. Even the guide pointed it out. "As seen the Star Trek films...that is the spot used in the shots of Starfleet."
When I went, I did not know that was where it was filmed. I'm walking in and having deja vu and so is my husband then it hits us, STIV. It is a REALLY cool place. But no whales.
__________________
Think Good thoughts. Thanks to Elizadolots for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-27-2008, 07:21 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynJaneway View Post
When I went, I did not know that was where it was filmed. I'm walking in and having deja vu and so is my husband then it hits us, STIV. It is a REALLY cool place. But no whales.
LOL, that would be trippy. In my case I knew it was there. My tolerant wife smiled and went along with it.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.