The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Can you handel a strong Women
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2008, 07:11 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
Why "I" pay, Zard? Hardly. All of the women I've ever had such relationships with did so because they just plain liked doing so... I have nothing against pros... but on my salary, I couldn't afford one if I was desperate.

BTW, according to a friend of mine who is a pro... your $120 an hour rate is about 1/3 the actual going price these days.
I just guessed, never having been with one...not into pain and humilation...not that I have anything against it for willing participants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny1 View Post
Yeah, well - who wants an AMATEUR dominatrix...?

(*Grin*)
Well everybody's gotta start somewhere!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Captain

I find it amusing, how many "hard guys" run arround out there and say they have nothing against emanzipated women. But they prefer calmer girls (as if Emanzipation and Anarcho-Punk would forcingly mean the same).

When they then are together with a "calmer girl", they complain about her just not understanding them, their hobbies, their interests, their worldviews and their lifes.

I allways say: "What do you expect? You like to think of your self as a hard guy with hard guy interests, hard guy worldviews and a hard guy life. What role could Barbie possibly play there? Wouldnt it make more sense to chose a tough guy as a partner?"

Now wait how long it takes untill they understand what I actually talk about. The first time they met an emanzipated woman and had fun with her they fall in love forever.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:41 AM
Lieutenant

I've always been the breadwinner in my marraige. I just make more than DH does because our chosen carreers are like that.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botany Bay View Post
I find it amusing, how many "hard guys" run arround out there and say they have nothing against emanzipated women. But they prefer calmer girls (as if Emanzipation and Anarcho-Punk would forcingly mean the same).

When they then are together with a "calmer girl", they complain about her just not understanding them, their hobbies, their interests, their worldviews and their lifes.

I allways say: "What do you expect? You like to think of your self as a hard guy with hard guy interests, hard guy worldviews and a hard guy life. What role could Barbie possibly play there? Wouldnt it make more sense to chose a tough guy as a partner?"

Now wait how long it takes untill they understand what I actually talk about. The first time they met an emanzipated woman and had fun with her they fall in love forever.
Sounds like you've had some experience there BB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynJaneway View Post
I've always been the breadwinner in my marraige. I just make more than DH does because our chosen carreers are like that.
Cool! You deserve to make that money KJ!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Lieutenant

I'm not sure anyone can Handel a strong women. Maybe they can handle one....

Hallelujah
Old 05-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynJaneway View Post
I'm not sure anyone can Handel a strong women. Maybe they can handle one....

Hallelujah
Or strong woman with expanive love handles!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Lieutenant

George Fredric Handel
Old 05-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

:::raises hand::: Quite often, the "amateurs" are better than the pros... they do it out of an almost geeky-intense love of the lifestyle.

But getting back to trekie's original intent to this thread. I much prefer being with partners who don't just "go along for the ride." I WANT someone in my life who can keep up, and maybe even surpass me in various aspects. This is something that applies to pretty much EVERYONE I allow into my life. (One old gf taught me a lot about investing, for instance, and because of her influence, I'm living in a house that's 100% paid for and living comparitavely debt free.) Don't sneer at the idea of Dommes... these are women who will make you into something better, something they can be proud of... or else!

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
:::raises hand::: Quite often, the "amateurs" are better than the pros... they do it out of an almost geeky-intense love of the lifestyle.

But getting back to trekie's original intent to this thread. I much prefer being with partners who don't just "go along for the ride." I WANT someone in my life who can keep up, and maybe even surpass me in various aspects. This is something that applies to pretty much EVERYONE I allow into my life. (One old gf taught me a lot about investing, for instance, and because of her influence, I'm living in a house that's 100% paid for and living comparitavely debt free.) Don't sneer at the idea of Dommes... these are women who will make you into something better, something they can be proud of... or else!
Again...I lucked out!!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
Women characters, I really see what you're saying, women in real life, I never know what's going to happen, which makes it interesting! I think you're avatar says alot about it. I mean here's a character that could be so cheesy! She's a brilliant scientist, she's a trained soldier, so she can kick a$$ with the best of them and she's also beautiful, a tough combination to pull off: brains, beauty and kick a$$! Sounds kinda sexist perhaps, but that's it when you boil it down, Sam's character could've been so bad, but the actress played it in such a way where it was absolutely believable. Going from explaining the finer points of relativity to how to blow up a star and then blowing away ten bad guys without blinking an eye and making it seem natural is no simple task and yet she still retains her femininity. I think Carter's a good example for what you're talking about cause to many young actresses it does seem that being b^tchy is the easiest way to show strength and that is so untrue. Ever watch Lost? Michelle Rodriguess was on it for awhile, she was also in Resident Evil 2, she basically played the same character, a b%tch, though in Lost she did seem to have issues that explained it, but basic point is, it's the easy thing to do, cause, I think of the stereotypes and roles of women set up in film and tv and that's why I think Carter is interesting, she seems real. Watch Alien, Weaver has it to, she's real without being a b%tch! Foster in Silence of the Lambs, Anderson in The X Files, all strong women, cause they are who they are, not cause they act like a b#tch. Someone who acts that way has issues, and they are not strong and that's what I felt about Rodrigues in Lost and Resident Evil 2. They're two dimensional, it's the Carters, Ripleys, Starlings, Scullys, President Roslyns, if you watch BSG that make it work and make it real, for me that is!

Well, long post there, didn't know I had that much to say about it!
I guess I started an argument lol ( I Like it) Well anyways. As a women of the 21 st century, and married a man who wanted a strong women , who would not always bend to his will, something that he was used to, with all the others he had dated. Coming from diffrent cultures maybe the key for us. We are diffrent but one in the same. I hatted to date my own culture cause men have too much machizmo. I had some issues with inlaws cause I don't do as they do, I guess they forget diffrent culture even id both of us are latinos.