The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Mods!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Exclamation Mods!

Come on! It's a Sunday afternoon! What are you doing?

There's some pics of some fellow's scrotum in a lot of threads!

Kids visit here and I am a little livid at the fact he decided to attack my post of the video of my daughter.

Han shot first
Even numbered Star Trek movies are better
HAL dosed Bowman
Old 05-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Lieutenant

What a sick troll. You can ignore him you know.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPQ View Post
Come on! It's a Sunday afternoon! What are you doing?

There's some pics of some fellow's scrotum in a lot of threads!

Kids visit here and I am a little livid at the fact he decided to attack my post of the video of my daughter.

I agree.. I am currently tracking his IP so I can turn him into the authorities where he lives.

You can delete your post, thus removing the title to the thread as well as the message itself and then re-post it into a new thread that is clean and fresh.. basically starting it over.

I have also, like most of you reported the thread to the Admins on these boards, but it is sunday, and since it is a Paramount board.. no one will be on the job until Monday.

I have tools since some of my boards run on the same PHPBB structure.. I am currently trace routing his IP, then running a WEhoIs onn his actual IP for the provider and then contacting his ISP with the violation to their TOS as well as the violation of the TOS to these boards..

Addedly, I have copied some of his posts for evidence and have them ready for an email to his local authorities.

I am also going to gather information about him personally after the WhoIs tracking and find out other sites he has done this to.. that way he can be charged with Indecent Exposure on the internet, cyber terrorism of private forums, attempted solicitation, Lewed conduct toward minors.. Etc..

While working with Taldren.. Being a Moderator as well as tracking down stolen Intellectual property of Taldren that way being distributed.. I learned a lot about the Cyber laws.. This will not end that person up in jail.. but it will get them a fine of over $250,000 per incident.. and that person posted 3 separate incidents on this forum.. probably many more forums..

I may not get along with many of you and our views may differ.. however this is what anyone who is a red blooded American whould do on their own behalf.. I don't know if it is the Republican in me or the Conservative.. but this is stuff that either will not tolerate.

Last edited by Pestalence_XC : 05-18-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Lieutenant

I really had no idea you could do all that. How do you find the IP addy of a poster if you are not a mod/admin?
Old 05-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Fleet Admiral

I hope you're not suggesting that a Democrat or a "Liberal" would tolerate such offenses? I certainly don't, and have reported this creep likewise.

Let's not turn this into partisan politics... we can all agree this is an egregious intrusion, do what we can to get the bozo banned and offline, then carry on.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 05-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Ensign

Sheesh.

www.deck-one.org
Old 05-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
...however this is what anyone who is a red blooded American whould do on their own behalf...
Or, you could say: Anyone who is in any way human...

I am not American, but would still do what you say that you are doing if I had the means and the knowledge.

No worries though, Hakuna Matata!

(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)
Old 05-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Commander

Problem with the internet is that it's such an impersonal medium without face to face contact that people feel that they can just "shoot off their mouths" so to speak without worry of any kind of consequences. And when they do get caught, they try hide behind the first amendment as if having a right relieves them of responsibility.

"Don't confuse facts with reality."
-Robert D. Ballard
Old 05-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Ensign

I posted what I stated because I have been bashed on these boards by those that fall under the Liberal title.. I could not state how Democrats or Liberals or any outside of the USA felt about the issue.. for that I apologize for my comment if you took offense.

Also First Admendment does not mean you can say or do what you want when you want.. First Admendment means that you can say what you want so long as it is not offensive, derrogatory, or threatening to anyone in a direct or indirect capacity.

Now discussing a topic, so long as it does not get personal, you have full freedom of speach.. however Images can be visually assaulting and are not covered under First Admendment. First Admendment will cover Pictures under the appropriate classification.

The image in question was not displayed within legal limits of it's classification, and as such is not protected under First Admendment.

For this reason, and because my wife and 11 year old view these forums, I am going after him.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha

Quote:
I could not state how Democrats or Liberals or any outside of the USA felt about the issue.. for that I apologize for my comment if you took offense.
Hakuna Matata(No worries). I just meant that any moral person would follow your current example.

Quote:
Also First Admendment does not mean you can say or do what you want when you want.

First Admendment will cover Pictures under the appropriate classification.

The image in question was not displayed within legal limits of it's classification, and as such is not protected under First Admendment.
Not only that, but it is not confined to America. He is not protected by any 'Amendment', first or otherwise.

Quote:
For this reason, and because my wife and 11 year old view these forums, I am going after him.
Now he should feel worried.

(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)