The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Mods!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-18-2008, 01:38 PM
MPQ's Avatar
MPQ MPQ is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: nowhere, everywhere
Posts: 726
Exclamation Mods!

Come on! It's a Sunday afternoon! What are you doing?

There's some pics of some fellow's scrotum in a lot of threads!

Kids visit here and I am a little livid at the fact he decided to attack my post of the video of my daughter.
__________________
Some truths in sci fi:

Han shot first
Even numbered Star Trek movies are better
HAL dosed Bowman
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-18-2008, 02:11 PM
KathrynJaneway's Avatar
KathrynJaneway KathrynJaneway is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere East of the Great Salt Lake.
Posts: 461
Default

What a sick troll. You can ignore him you know.
__________________
Think Good thoughts. Thanks to Elizadolots for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Pestalence_XC's Avatar
Pestalence_XC Pestalence_XC is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPQ View Post
Come on! It's a Sunday afternoon! What are you doing?

There's some pics of some fellow's scrotum in a lot of threads!

Kids visit here and I am a little livid at the fact he decided to attack my post of the video of my daughter.

I agree.. I am currently tracking his IP so I can turn him into the authorities where he lives.

You can delete your post, thus removing the title to the thread as well as the message itself and then re-post it into a new thread that is clean and fresh.. basically starting it over.

I have also, like most of you reported the thread to the Admins on these boards, but it is sunday, and since it is a Paramount board.. no one will be on the job until Monday.

I have tools since some of my boards run on the same PHPBB structure.. I am currently trace routing his IP, then running a WEhoIs onn his actual IP for the provider and then contacting his ISP with the violation to their TOS as well as the violation of the TOS to these boards..

Addedly, I have copied some of his posts for evidence and have them ready for an email to his local authorities.

I am also going to gather information about him personally after the WhoIs tracking and find out other sites he has done this to.. that way he can be charged with Indecent Exposure on the internet, cyber terrorism of private forums, attempted solicitation, Lewed conduct toward minors.. Etc..

While working with Taldren.. Being a Moderator as well as tracking down stolen Intellectual property of Taldren that way being distributed.. I learned a lot about the Cyber laws.. This will not end that person up in jail.. but it will get them a fine of over $250,000 per incident.. and that person posted 3 separate incidents on this forum.. probably many more forums..

I may not get along with many of you and our views may differ.. however this is what anyone who is a red blooded American whould do on their own behalf.. I don't know if it is the Republican in me or the Conservative.. but this is stuff that either will not tolerate.

Last edited by Pestalence_XC : 05-18-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-18-2008, 02:29 PM
KathrynJaneway's Avatar
KathrynJaneway KathrynJaneway is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere East of the Great Salt Lake.
Posts: 461
Default

I really had no idea you could do all that. How do you find the IP addy of a poster if you are not a mod/admin?
__________________
Think Good thoughts. Thanks to Elizadolots for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-18-2008, 02:31 PM
MissionTrek08's Avatar
MissionTrek08 MissionTrek08 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,562
Default

I hope you're not suggesting that a Democrat or a "Liberal" would tolerate such offenses? I certainly don't, and have reported this creep likewise.

Let's not turn this into partisan politics... we can all agree this is an egregious intrusion, do what we can to get the bozo banned and offline, then carry on.
__________________

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK


Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-18-2008, 02:33 PM
voyager voyager is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33
Default

Sheesh.
__________________
Deck One - Star Trek & Sci-Fi.

www.deck-one.org
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-18-2008, 02:35 PM
DNA-1842's Avatar
DNA-1842 DNA-1842 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha
Posts: 3,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
...however this is what anyone who is a red blooded American whould do on their own behalf...
Or, you could say: Anyone who is in any way human...

I am not American, but would still do what you say that you are doing if I had the means and the knowledge.

No worries though, Hakuna Matata!
__________________
Gronda Gronda to all Zarking Hoopy Froods! Bowties are cool.
I Am A Friend Of


(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Akula2ssn's Avatar
Akula2ssn Akula2ssn is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,454
Default

Problem with the internet is that it's such an impersonal medium without face to face contact that people feel that they can just "shoot off their mouths" so to speak without worry of any kind of consequences. And when they do get caught, they try hide behind the first amendment as if having a right relieves them of responsibility.
__________________

"Don't confuse facts with reality."
-Robert D. Ballard
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Pestalence_XC's Avatar
Pestalence_XC Pestalence_XC is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 77
Default

I posted what I stated because I have been bashed on these boards by those that fall under the Liberal title.. I could not state how Democrats or Liberals or any outside of the USA felt about the issue.. for that I apologize for my comment if you took offense.

Also First Admendment does not mean you can say or do what you want when you want.. First Admendment means that you can say what you want so long as it is not offensive, derrogatory, or threatening to anyone in a direct or indirect capacity.

Now discussing a topic, so long as it does not get personal, you have full freedom of speach.. however Images can be visually assaulting and are not covered under First Admendment. First Admendment will cover Pictures under the appropriate classification.

The image in question was not displayed within legal limits of it's classification, and as such is not protected under First Admendment.

For this reason, and because my wife and 11 year old view these forums, I am going after him.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-18-2008, 02:53 PM
DNA-1842's Avatar
DNA-1842 DNA-1842 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha
Posts: 3,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
I could not state how Democrats or Liberals or any outside of the USA felt about the issue.. for that I apologize for my comment if you took offense.
Hakuna Matata(No worries). I just meant that any moral person would follow your current example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
Also First Admendment does not mean you can say or do what you want when you want.

First Admendment will cover Pictures under the appropriate classification.

The image in question was not displayed within legal limits of it's classification, and as such is not protected under First Admendment.
Not only that, but it is not confined to America. He is not protected by any 'Amendment', first or otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
For this reason, and because my wife and 11 year old view these forums, I am going after him.
Now he should feel worried.
__________________
Gronda Gronda to all Zarking Hoopy Froods! Bowties are cool.
I Am A Friend Of


(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.