The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Stay at home parent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Commander

Default Stay at home parent

Having a bit of a hard time finding someone to take care of my baby, May have to say at home. I don't want to but I may have too. It is giving me lots of stress, not used to staying at home, Have any of you stayed at home to take care of a child, how was it and finacialy

Last edited by trekie : 05-13-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Ensign

Its tough as far as money goes (and I miss seeing all my friends at work everyday), but you will never regret not being around for your baby's "firsts". I got to see my little tribble roll over, sit up, pull himself to a stand, learn to crawl and take off walking in person...I didn't have to hear about it from a nanny or daycare worker. I would not trade the last 19 months for anything! Now he is talking and running circles around me.

You will need a support system (sisters, friends, mom, hubby/daddy, etc) to help keep you sane because there will be days when you feel like you are going to go nuts. Sleep when you can and don't worry if the laundry doesn't get done and the house is a mess.

Hang in there Trekie!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Commander

Thanks, I hope it will be great, cause it hit me the other day How can I leave her with someone
Old 05-13-2008, 10:46 PM

Whatever you do, don't give up. If it comes to you having to bear the burden alone, don't look at it negatively. Look at it as a chance to develop a bond with your child. A chance to see all of those wonderful things your child learns and discovers for the first time. You only have one of her and she only has one of you. Give love in great amounts and reap the rewards that it brings. You have the oppourtunity to help develop a precious life and lead your child in the way that she should go, and she will take your love with her in her soul. Good luck and God bless you and your child. May she always make you glad and proud that you are her mother.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berengarius7 View Post
Whatever you do, don't give up. If it comes to you having to bear the burden alone, don't look at it negatively. Look at it as a chance to develop a bond with your child. A chance to see all of those wonderful things your child learns and discovers for the first time. You only have one of her and she only has one of you. Give love in great amounts and reap the rewards that it brings. You have the oppourtunity to help develop a precious life and lead your child in the way that she should go, and she will take your love with her in her soul. Good luck and God bless you and your child. May she always make you glad and proud that you are her mother.
Thanks, being at home with her is not what's hard ( well sometimes I want to yell and pull my hair out lol) I just feel babd that hubby has to work for th both of us
Old 05-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Admiral

If you went to work you'd have to pay for day care and the fact is, with a baby, it can be as much as you would be able to make at your job. So, financially, it's a wash.

Now, I put my daughter in day care when she was 4 months old and have never regretted it. There is no one right way to raise a child. Just go with your guts and stay flexible because what seems like the right solution now might be the wrong solution in 2 or 3 years. (my husband is now a stay at home parent, we reached the point where we realized daughter needed someone at home at the end of the school day and financially, it made the most sense for it to be hubby)

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I'm a stay-at-home daddy and I love it. Getting time to spend with my baby, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Besides, I'll be the favored parent when she gets older.

Han shot first
Even numbered Star Trek movies are better
HAL dosed Bowman
Old 05-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Commander

It’s official, I am a stay at home mom. Spoke to my boss and let her know I was not coming back.
It is weird and scary. I’ve been working since I was 18 years old.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekie View Post
It’s official, I am a stay at home mom. Spoke to my boss and let her know I was not coming back.
It is weird and scary. I’ve been working since I was 18 years old.
Now you just signed on for alot harder job than you ever imagined.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Now you just signed on for alot harder job than you ever imagined.
I am sure it will be, but can't find anyone we trust to look after her