The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Plan your day before viewing ST:XI
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Chris Fawkes's Avatar
Chris Fawkes Chris Fawkes is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,729
Default

I always do that when i like a film. I saw sweet home alabama 9 times in ten days.

I know batman is going to cost me.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes View Post
I always do that when i like a film. I saw sweet home alabama 9 times in ten days.

I know batman is going to cost me.
I probably won't see it more than once.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-13-2008, 09:39 AM
FanWriter45's Avatar
FanWriter45 FanWriter45 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.
Posts: 3,051
Default

As much as I have loved waiting in line... (I used to try and time my entry into the line so I can spend several hours in close contact to a hottie, striking up a convo, maybe getting her number...) It just isn't needed anymore. It used to be that there were exclusive contracts to various theatre chains showing a particular movie. Now, with the make or break on the profit of a film being in it's first two weeks of release, they've opened that up. Many cineplexes have multiple prints and can start a film every half hour... as such, you just need to show up, buy your tickets for a later show, and come back later that day and be assured a seat....

(sigh) another fanboy dating technique bites the dust.

(BTW, I met my wife in line for "Return of the Jedi")
__________________
Number Two: Conform, Number Six! Conform!

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
As much as I have loved waiting in line... (I used to try and time my entry into the line so I can spend several hours in close contact to a hottie, striking up a convo, maybe getting her number...) It just isn't needed anymore. It used to be that there were exclusive contracts to various theatre chains showing a particular movie. Now, with the make or break on the profit of a film being in it's first two weeks of release, they've opened that up. Many cineplexes have multiple prints and can start a film every half hour... as such, you just need to show up, buy your tickets for a later show, and come back later that day and be assured a seat....

(sigh) another fanboy dating technique bites the dust.

(BTW, I met my wife in line for "Return of the Jedi")
Knowing the old SW lines you guys could have dated, married, had kids, and grown old togter before you got to the theatre!! LOL!!
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-13-2008, 11:55 AM
MrQ1701's Avatar
MrQ1701 MrQ1701 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Espanola, New Mexico
Posts: 3,940
Default

I will do the dinner, movie, then drinks night out as well. I have only a few friends that are into Trek like me so I was hoping to coordinate with them so we would all go together. I will watch the movie again a week or two later so as there are less people and I can catch things I may have missed. I might even do a third round at the theater for good measure. I will sleep well knowing i did my part to support this film and future incarnations of Trek in general.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
I will do the dinner, movie, then drinks night out as well. I have only a few friends that are into Trek like me so I was hoping to coordinate with them so we would all go together. I will watch the movie again a week or two later so as there are less people and I can catch things I may have missed. I might even do a third round at the theater for good measure. I will sleep well knowing i did my part to support this film and future incarnations of Trek in general.
No "picking up babes" in there?
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Kirk15's Avatar
Kirk15 Kirk15 is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post

(BTW, I met my wife in line for "Return of the Jedi")
So she didn't mind you drooling over metal bikini Leia in the beginning.
__________________
Kirk15

"Spock...comment"
"Very bad poetry, Captain."
"A more useful comment, Mr. Spock."

I fail to comprehend your indignation, sir. I have simply made the logical deduction that you are a liar. (Spock)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-14-2008, 02:36 PM
videonut videonut is offline
Midshipman
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3
Default :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_of_Borg View Post
I work background on films once and a while in LA. As luck had it I was committed to the film Eagle Eye when the call came for work on Star Trek. Now that was frustrating.

Now I am working on a deal to attend the LA premier. Wish me luck and I will tell JJ you all said hey.

That sucks that you weren't able to do it. It was a lot of fun. I asked Zachary Quinto what he thought of the last season of Heroes and he said to me, "Well, we didn't win any emmy's". Maybe you can do it for 12.
What where you cast as?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-14-2008, 03:41 PM
KathrynJaneway's Avatar
KathrynJaneway KathrynJaneway is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere East of the Great Salt Lake.
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes View Post
I'll go the week after it starts to avoid the evangelical fans who will otherwise ruin a great experience for me.
I expect to see it about 6-10 times in the first few weeks.
Oh, but it is great fun to be one of those evangelical fans. When I went to the midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith, there was much light saber waving and cheering going on! I was not in costume but it was a blast.
__________________
Think Good thoughts. Thanks to Elizadolots for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Kenneth_of_Borg's Avatar
Kenneth_of_Borg Kenneth_of_Borg is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southwest US
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by videonut View Post
That sucks that you weren't able to do it. It was a lot of fun. I asked Zachary Quinto what he thought of the last season of Heroes and he said to me, "Well, we didn't win any emmy's". Maybe you can do it for 12.
What where you cast as?
Lucky you to work on ST. I will give Zachary some on-the-spot feedback if I make it to the LA premier. Sadly they do not often give Science Fiction films any prizes for acting. Sorry Zach.

In Eagle Eye I play a US Congressman. Michelle Monaghan runs into me and knocks me down. I can not say more about the plot but damn! It was almost worth missing ST. Almost.

Last edited by Kenneth_of_Borg : 05-14-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.