The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Plan your day before viewing ST:XI
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Captain

I always do that when i like a film. I saw sweet home alabama 9 times in ten days.

I know batman is going to cost me.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes View Post
I always do that when i like a film. I saw sweet home alabama 9 times in ten days.

I know batman is going to cost me.
I probably won't see it more than once.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

As much as I have loved waiting in line... (I used to try and time my entry into the line so I can spend several hours in close contact to a hottie, striking up a convo, maybe getting her number...) It just isn't needed anymore. It used to be that there were exclusive contracts to various theatre chains showing a particular movie. Now, with the make or break on the profit of a film being in it's first two weeks of release, they've opened that up. Many cineplexes have multiple prints and can start a film every half hour... as such, you just need to show up, buy your tickets for a later show, and come back later that day and be assured a seat....

(sigh) another fanboy dating technique bites the dust.

(BTW, I met my wife in line for "Return of the Jedi")

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
As much as I have loved waiting in line... (I used to try and time my entry into the line so I can spend several hours in close contact to a hottie, striking up a convo, maybe getting her number...) It just isn't needed anymore. It used to be that there were exclusive contracts to various theatre chains showing a particular movie. Now, with the make or break on the profit of a film being in it's first two weeks of release, they've opened that up. Many cineplexes have multiple prints and can start a film every half hour... as such, you just need to show up, buy your tickets for a later show, and come back later that day and be assured a seat....

(sigh) another fanboy dating technique bites the dust.

Knowing the old SW lines you guys could have dated, married, had kids, and grown old togter before you got to the theatre!! LOL!!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Vice Admiral

I will do the dinner, movie, then drinks night out as well. I have only a few friends that are into Trek like me so I was hoping to coordinate with them so we would all go together. I will watch the movie again a week or two later so as there are less people and I can catch things I may have missed. I might even do a third round at the theater for good measure. I will sleep well knowing i did my part to support this film and future incarnations of Trek in general.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
I will do the dinner, movie, then drinks night out as well. I have only a few friends that are into Trek like me so I was hoping to coordinate with them so we would all go together. I will watch the movie again a week or two later so as there are less people and I can catch things I may have missed. I might even do a third round at the theater for good measure. I will sleep well knowing i did my part to support this film and future incarnations of Trek in general.
No "picking up babes" in there?
Old 05-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post

So she didn't mind you drooling over metal bikini Leia in the beginning.

"Spock...comment"
"Very bad poetry, Captain."
"A more useful comment, Mr. Spock."

I fail to comprehend your indignation, sir. I have simply made the logical deduction that you are a liar. (Spock)
Old 05-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Midshipman

Default :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_of_Borg View Post
I work background on films once and a while in LA. As luck had it I was committed to the film Eagle Eye when the call came for work on Star Trek. Now that was frustrating.

Now I am working on a deal to attend the LA premier. Wish me luck and I will tell JJ you all said hey.

That sucks that you weren't able to do it. It was a lot of fun. I asked Zachary Quinto what he thought of the last season of Heroes and he said to me, "Well, we didn't win any emmy's". Maybe you can do it for 12.
What where you cast as?
Old 05-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes View Post
I'll go the week after it starts to avoid the evangelical fans who will otherwise ruin a great experience for me.
I expect to see it about 6-10 times in the first few weeks.
Oh, but it is great fun to be one of those evangelical fans. When I went to the midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith, there was much light saber waving and cheering going on! I was not in costume but it was a blast.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by videonut View Post
That sucks that you weren't able to do it. It was a lot of fun. I asked Zachary Quinto what he thought of the last season of Heroes and he said to me, "Well, we didn't win any emmy's". Maybe you can do it for 12.
What where you cast as?
Lucky you to work on ST. I will give Zachary some on-the-spot feedback if I make it to the LA premier. Sadly they do not often give Science Fiction films any prizes for acting. Sorry Zach.

In Eagle Eye I play a US Congressman. Michelle Monaghan runs into me and knocks me down. I can not say more about the plot but damn! It was almost worth missing ST. Almost.

Last edited by Kenneth_of_Borg : 05-14-2008 at 06:06 PM.