The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Plan your day before viewing ST:XI
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Default Plan your day before viewing ST:XI

I know this is way too early but here it goes:

I'm not one for camping out the night before to see a movie. I'd rather order my tickets and know I have good seats waiting for us in a theater full of rabid fans. Here, in Columbus we have a outstanding downtown cinema called the Arena Grand. They have special VIP seating in a balcony with nice, comfortable seats. We had a great experience at the Grand for "The Da Vinci Code" and "Superman Returns." We were there at The Grand in 2003 and watched the Ohio State Buckeyes win the National Championship.

Before the movie we plan to enjoy an early dinner at Hyde Park Steak House. Relax and dine with friends. We'll talk about what we expect to see on the movie screen.

Showtime. We would find our seats, countdown the minutes then watch the previews. Lights dim. OK, here we go. The Paramount logo plays large...as we await the first scene and the opening theme.

Afterwards, at a pub down the street and around the corner we'll de-brief the movie and then make plans to see it all again.

G7
Old 05-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Lieutenant

I'll be getting seats at the theater that you can pre-purchase assigned seats.

I'll make sure my tricorder and phaser have fresh batteries, and that my communicator is on my uniform. I'm totally going in costume. My friend the trek fan is going as a Vulcan. I have a Next Gen science costume, which if I'm an ensign is about right for being Kathryn Janeway. I keep thinking about getting my hands on a Voyager costume so I can be the Captain. I'm so nerdy. I'm sure that Kim and I will go to the midnight showing.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Seven View Post
I know this is way too early but here it goes:

I'm not one for camping out the night before to see a movie. I'd rather order my tickets and know I have good seats waiting for us in a theater full of rabid fans. Here, in Columbus we have a outstanding downtown cinema called the Arena Grand. They have special VIP seating in a balcony with nice, comfortable seats. We had a great experience at the Grand for "The Da Vinci Code" and "Superman Returns." We were there at The Grand in 2003 and watched the Ohio State Buckeyes win the National Championship.

Before the movie we plan to enjoy an early dinner at Hyde Park Steak House. Relax and dine with friends. We'll talk about what we expect to see on the movie screen.

Showtime. We would find our seats, countdown the minutes then watch the previews. Lights dim. OK, here we go. The Paramount logo plays large...as we await the first scene and the opening theme.

Afterwards, at a pub down the street and around the corner we'll de-brief the movie and then make plans to see it all again.

G7
That sounds like the way I would want my day to go. Although I am and will still be stationed in the UK at the proposed date of release in the US
(May 2009) I will still try and see it here in the Uk though, even though the dollar is basically 1/2 the value of the british pound righ tnow.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Ensign

I work background on films once and a while in LA. As luck had it I was committed to the film Eagle Eye when the call came for work on Star Trek. Now that was frustrating.

Now I am working on a deal to attend the LA premier. Wish me luck and I will tell JJ you all said hey.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:38 PM

I want to buy a ticket at the box office and go into the theater and sit down and watch the picture just like i always do. I don't care if i have to wait in line, i know how to survive in a long line very comfortably if that turns out to be the case. I won't need a costume as i already look a lot like the salt vampire from man trap. The costumed people probably won't be able to tell the difference, except that i'll have a pop can holder ball cap with mouth straws and a ten pound bag of cheetos strapped to my back. In other words, stealth mode.

Last edited by Berengarius7 : 05-12-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:38 AM
Federation Councillor

MAybe I'll go to the Drive in first to see it....giant screen and all!
Old 05-13-2008, 03:42 AM
Lieutenant

This one will be great, because I will be able to take my little EMH (my daughters initials) to see it. And in big screen goodness too!
Old 05-13-2008, 04:50 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dholleyuk View Post
This one will be great, because I will be able to take my little EMH (my daughters initials) to see it. And in big screen goodness too!
That is special!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:04 AM
Captain

I'll go the week after it starts to avoid the evangelical fans who will otherwise ruin a great experience for me.
I expect to see it about 6-10 times in the first few weeks.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:17 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes View Post
I'll go the week after it starts to avoid the evangelical fans who will otherwise ruin a great experience for me.
I expect to see it about 6-10 times in the first few weeks.
So start saving money now!!