The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Abrams Needs To Get Off His Backside...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagami Crewman View Post
No, you're Kate Mulgrew! As for me... "I am not Spock."
AWWWK... you found me out. I am Kate, and trying to figure out a way for Janeway (hence me) to get into this new movie. Never mind I was not born (according to any year of Janeway's birth) when this is set.

Internet lore has it that Halle Berry once posted a profile on a internet dating site under her real name, but no one believed her and thought she was a troll.

Last edited by KathrynJaneway : 05-12-2008 at 12:57 PM. Reason: FYI, I am not Kate Mulgrew and don't claim to be. But how I'd like to meet her.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Commander

1. JJ is busy.
2. I doubt he'd reveal himself.
3. Suppose he did, would anybody actually beleive it was him anyway?
Old 05-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Rear Admiral

No, I would not believe it seeing how he has a life, and I do not .

The only way I would believe it was him is if he sent me an invite to the premiere of the movie. But why would he do that, he does not know me .
Old 05-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Admiral

Since all of you wouldn't beleive me I guess the free passes I was going to offer someone on this board are out the window. I'll have some one post them on E Bay and give the proceeds to the JJ foundation. (My back pocket)
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 05-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Rear Admiral

No, the Joey Cordova Foundation is a much better cause, because it is my pocket.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

When the site first came online, I went through the member list (back when it was small enough to do in a few minutes!) and either a whole bunch of people thought they'd be hilarious and register under the actor's names to mess with us, and then never posted, or all of the actors registered under their real names just to make sure they got them, and then never posted, because most of the names (Karl Urban, etc.) are taken. Maybe they're planning on one day coming 'round here to chat up the fans, give us a thrill.

One can always hope...

Last edited by Ampris : 05-12-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Rear Admiral

Remeber, RedShirt Admin said that they reserved a lot of names in case the actors or others wanted to join the forum.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampris View Post
When the site first came online, I went through the member list (back when it was small enough to do in a few minutes!) and either a whole bunch of people thought they'd be hilarious and register under the actor's names to mess with us, and then never posted, or all of the actors registered under their real names just to make sure they got them, and then never posted, because most of the names (Karl Urban, etc.) are taken. Maybe they're planning on one day coming 'round here to chat up the fans, give us a thrill.

One can always hope...
If they do join the forum, what proof do we have its really them?

"Spock...comment"
"Very bad poetry, Captain."
"A more useful comment, Mr. Spock."

I fail to comprehend your indignation, sir. I have simply made the logical deduction that you are a liar. (Spock)
Old 05-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Fleet Admiral

Well, if the Admins registered the cast/crew names when the forum was created (a smart move), then only those accounts will be activated pnly for the actual person for use. So, if "JJ Abrams" makes a post on this board, we'll know it's actually him.

To that point, I wouldn't rule out Bob Orci or Kurtzman or even JJ to appear here at some point, once they're not quite so busy and the info on the film actually rolls out (likely closer to release). They've proven themselves very fan-friendly and interactive with their films, and I'd expect TREK to be no exception.

I'd certainly welcome all of them to at least stop by and say hi from time to time, perhaps engage in a scheduled Q&A with us. It would be a kind good will jesture, and no doubt they'll all be quite interested to hear what fans are saying about their film, before and after release.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 05-13-2008, 04:58 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
Well, if the Admins registered the cast/crew names when the forum was created (a smart move), then only those accounts will be activated pnly for the actual person for use. So, if "JJ Abrams" makes a post on this board, we'll know it's actually him.

To that point, I wouldn't rule out Bob Orci or Kurtzman or even JJ to appear here at some point, once they're not quite so busy and the info on the film actually rolls out (likely closer to release). They've proven themselves very fan-friendly and interactive with their films, and I'd expect TREK to be no exception.

I'd certainly welcome all of them to at least stop by and say hi from time to time, perhaps engage in a scheduled Q&A with us. It would be a kind good will jesture, and no doubt they'll all be quite interested to hear what fans are saying about their film, before and after release.
I don't know being a "any person" has alot of advatages. One could get a feel for the fan base on here, and hwo they are preciving what's been said, and what has not.

Seeing their happiness, and fears about this film.