The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > Season 4
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2008, 06:35 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan68 View Post
I believe it is alreay becoming a classic I think in the years since ENT it has become a cult favorite like TOS.
Agreed!
Old 05-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Only when Season 4 is taken into account. If you go back and watch Ent before watching TOS all the way through, it's hard to reconcile for the most part.

Everybody remember where we parked!
Old 05-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Lieutenant

I might've watched 3 episodes when ENT was on the air -- I was just completely Trek-fatigued. Also, I joined in the (in retrospect idiotic) outrage over the NX-01's look and 'canon' violations.

I still feel a little bad for that. I mean, I basically deprived myself of some really great old-school-style sci-fi, because I DID'NT LIKE HOW THE SPACESHIP LOOKED and thought that a TV franchise had a 'canon,' as if it were organized religion. Sigh. Wonder how many of us have come to feel that way? Wonder if the show'd still be on if we hadn't?

Anyway, a year or so ago I borrowed the DVDs, and just totally fell in love. I'd even go as far to say a few ENT episodes are there with the best Trek ever made. Of course, there were some notably awful episodes, but then, what series of any kind didn't?

TOS is my favorite series, but ENT is a very close second. Let's hope it keeps getting more and more of the recognition it deserves.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
I might've watched 3 episodes when ENT was on the air -- I was just completely Trek-fatigued. Also, I joined in the (in retrospect idiotic) outrage over the NX-01's look and 'canon' violations.

I still feel a little bad for that. I mean, I basically deprived myself of some really great old-school-style sci-fi, because I DID'NT LIKE HOW THE SPACESHIP LOOKED and thought that a TV franchise had a 'canon,' as if it were organized religion. Sigh. Wonder how many of us have come to feel that way? Wonder if the show'd still be on if we hadn't?

Anyway, a year or so ago I borrowed the DVDs, and just totally fell in love. I'd even go as far to say a few ENT episodes are there with the best Trek ever made. Of course, there were some notably awful episodes, but then, what series of any kind didn't?

TOS is my favorite series, but ENT is a very close second. Let's hope it keeps getting more and more of the recognition it deserves.
Very nice to hear someone who opened up to ENT!

Not liking the look of the ship is of course personal preference, but we have seen on many other threads on this site that there was nothing wrong with the ship being named Enterprise, and it did not violate any "canon" laws.

And I can see how if you're a TOS fan that you liked ENT by the end of the 4th season...they were doing a nice job of trying to bridge the two at that point!

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Lieutenant

Heh, I've started pimping the DVDs to my ex-Trekker friends, who also never bothered to watch, and they love it too. Maybe we all should!

The canon outrage thing especially irks me now that I think about it -- I mean, the 1701 flew outside the galaxy every few weeks, the 1701-A made an impromptu roadtrip to the galactic core, but 'now' everyone's limited to crawling across a percentage of one quadrant without a wormhole, or near-divine intervention. The USS Enterprise XCV-330 (the ring-shaped one) is on the wall of the refit 1701 (and on the wall of a bar in ENT), but not on the wall on the 1701-D, Sisko refers to the 1701 as the 'first' one even though the XCV-330's clearly canon, Kirk works for UESPA or Starfleet depending on when you ask him, etc etc etc.

It's almost as if it's a bunch of TV shows spanning 4 decades, written by generations of guys and gals who didn't talk with each other much. But yet we all dumped on ENT. Strange.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

It does have a canon. Really. And at the time, it was damaging Star Trek, I really believe. Now, though, we're free to enjoy it because it can't do any more damage.

And what is religion? A set of beliefs? Well, Trekkies believe in a future where humanity has overcome it's pettiness (for the most part) and is united in purpose. If that's a religion, I'm proud to be a member.

Everybody remember where we parked!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Commander

Zardoz: Yes, ENT, with time, will become a classic. Remember: the beloved TOS wasn't popular during it's first television run. It took that show some years in syndication to gain popularity.

Dr. Taylor: One of the resons why Season 4 was so packed was because it was known that it would be the last season. Basically UPN gave Enterprise the green light to make a final season. That's why they crammed in so much.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:04 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post

Yes on behalf of myself and other Enterprise fans I'd sarcastically like to thank you for not supporting it while it was on the air and now we're going to be stuck with this JJ Abrams film.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFFeD_UP View Post
Yes on behalf of myself and other Enterprise fans I'd sarcastically like to thank you for not supporting it while it was on the air and now we're going to be stuck with this JJ Abrams film.
What's past is past. Being upset with Forum members won't change anything.

If TOS hadn't been canceled, it wouldn have been a distaerous 4th season, and none of this might have happened.

Let's not judge this film before we see it.

ENT could still come back in some form...anything could happen.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
What's past is past. Being upset with Forum members won't change anything.

If TOS hadn't been canceled, it wouldn have been a distaerous 4th season, and none of this might have happened.

Let's not judge this film before we see it.

ENT could still come back in some form...anything could happen.
Wise words of peace
Nice point with the would-have-been 4th TOS season. If you die too late with your peak of performance as benchmark you can hardly become a legend.
I admit I thought ENT sucked when I saw it the first time, especially the overacting captain who could not sit still. But as with all stuff in life, you have to get acquainted to it and after some episodes you know the characters better, you stumble over a great episode and at once you are a big ENT nerd