The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Fun at ST the Experience in Vegas!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Smile Fun at ST the Experience in Vegas!

Just thought the board would like to hear about my last visit to the Experience.

My wife and I went about a year ago. We did the Borg 4d first. It was a blast the borg kinda made my wife nervous she didn't like the "haunted house" feel it gave her. Anyway we were on the last ride for the original along with a couple in TOS style uniforms, there was a kid there who had apprently ridden it like 4 or 5 times that day. HE asked the guide "Can you say something different this time?" The guide replied he'll try. When he got the the 4 doors that lead the to the ride (Just before Beam up) he said "Stand in front of the FIVE doors" I quickly replied in my best picard impression "THERE ARE FOUR DOORS!" Everyone laughed. Then during the motion sim part the ride stopped so we got to ride it 1 and half times. *LOL*

Any one else have a cool experience there?
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 05-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Fleet Admiral

I had that in Bremen... wearing a FC uniform and Captain's rank pins, the staff always saluted and said "Captain on deck" when I passed by... that was a wonderful way of appreciating a fan.

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 05-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I remember going and Picard was all, "I know it's hard to believe but one of you are my ancestor."

Someone yelled, "Alright, who's balding?"
Old 05-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta View Post
I remember going and Picard was all, "I know it's hard to believe but one of you are my ancestor."

Someone yelled, "Alright, who's balding?"
Now that, is funny!
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 05-12-2008, 05:55 AM
Lieutenant

I had a blast there. When we arrived, we were greeted by a Borg, and he scared me. I was sure I was being assimilated.

On the Klingon ride, when we were on the bridge, and Riker needed help I was standing behind Worf's console. I said "Let's fire the photon torpedoes." The guy next to me said he knew how, but the guide stopped our shooting. How many times has that guy rewound nest gen episode to figure out how to launch the torpedoes?

I thought that Borg 4-D was pretty cool. Voyager's fly over was awesome.

My friend and I were standing in front of the STE trying to figure out how much it was and when they opened. They were closed for the night. A guy came up and asked if we wanted to go. Sure, we said. Then he asked if we were fans. I said I was. My friend not so much. He then asked me who my favorite Captain is (duh), what her ship's name is, (I said Voyager and pointed to it) and asked what happened on her show (she got them stranded in the Delta Quadrant, flew around, fought the Borg and species 8472, and lots of people on the Internet think she should have gotten it on with her first officer). He then handed us 2 tickets, saying he wanted them to go to fans. Sweet!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynJaneway View Post
I had a blast there. When we arrived, we were greeted by a Borg, and he scared me. I was sure I was being assimilated.

On the Klingon ride, when we were on the bridge, and Riker needed help I was standing behind Worf's console. I said "Let's fire the photon torpedoes." The guy next to me said he knew how, but the guide stopped our shooting. How many times has that guy rewound nest gen episode to figure out how to launch the torpedoes?

I thought that Borg 4-D was pretty cool. Voyager's fly over was awesome.

My friend and I were standing in front of the STE trying to figure out how much it was and when they opened. They were closed for the night. A guy came up and asked if we wanted to go. Sure, we said. Then he asked if we were fans. I said I was. My friend not so much. He then asked me who my favorite Captain is (duh), what her ship's name is, (I said Voyager and pointed to it) and asked what happened on her show (she got them stranded in the Delta Quadrant, flew around, fought the Borg and species 8472, and lots of people on the Internet think she should have gotten it on with her first officer). He then handed us 2 tickets, saying he wanted them to go to fans. Sweet!
Both rides were sweet. I also paid the extra $$$ to have my pic taken in the Capatin's chair of the ENT-D. Was a great day!!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Both rides were sweet. I also paid the extra $$$ to have my pic taken in the Capatin's chair of the ENT-D. Was a great day!!
I would have, but Tiffany and Co was calling, plus I had a bad night the night before at the blackjack table.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
I would have, but Tiffany and Co was calling, plus I had a bad night the night before at the blackjack table.
Was a great pic, my only regret is I couldn't convince my wife to sit next to mew as my "Number One"
Old 05-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Lieutenant

Me and my friend at the Star Trek Experience. I have brown hair. Notice I'm not touching the Borg. He was scary and he totally could have had me screaming if he had come at my neck with his assimilation arm.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:40 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Me and my friend at the Star Trek Experience. I have brown hair. Notice I'm not touching the Borg. He was scary and he totally could have had me screaming if he had come at my neck with his assimilation arm.

We have pics with him and the Kilingon guy...who took a shine to my wife...he followed us around..

Cute pic KJ, you are a nice looking person.