The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Fun at ST the Experience in Vegas!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Jed Starkiller's Avatar
Jed Starkiller Jed Starkiller is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,515
Smile Fun at ST the Experience in Vegas!

Just thought the board would like to hear about my last visit to the Experience.

My wife and I went about a year ago. We did the Borg 4d first. It was a blast the borg kinda made my wife nervous she didn't like the "haunted house" feel it gave her. Anyway we were on the last ride for the original along with a couple in TOS style uniforms, there was a kid there who had apprently ridden it like 4 or 5 times that day. HE asked the guide "Can you say something different this time?" The guide replied he'll try. When he got the the 4 doors that lead the to the ride (Just before Beam up) he said "Stand in front of the FIVE doors" I quickly replied in my best picard impression "THERE ARE FOUR DOORS!" Everyone laughed. Then during the motion sim part the ride stopped so we got to ride it 1 and half times. *LOL*

Any one else have a cool experience there?
__________________
"VOTE ZARDOZ/MENHEIM IN 2012"
Vice Floating God Head
Patron of Eliza's Avatar Lab
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-09-2008, 02:07 PM
NCC-73515's Avatar
NCC-73515 NCC-73515 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 7,226
Default

I had that in Bremen... wearing a FC uniform and Captain's rank pins, the staff always saluted and said "Captain on deck" when I passed by... that was a wonderful way of appreciating a fan.
__________________


"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Theta's Avatar
Theta Theta is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Here, apparently
Posts: 150
Default

I remember going and Picard was all, "I know it's hard to believe but one of you are my ancestor."

Someone yelled, "Alright, who's balding?"
__________________
*insert evil laugh*
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Jed Starkiller's Avatar
Jed Starkiller Jed Starkiller is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta View Post
I remember going and Picard was all, "I know it's hard to believe but one of you are my ancestor."

Someone yelled, "Alright, who's balding?"
Now that, is funny!
__________________
"VOTE ZARDOZ/MENHEIM IN 2012"
Vice Floating God Head
Patron of Eliza's Avatar Lab
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-2008, 05:55 AM
KathrynJaneway's Avatar
KathrynJaneway KathrynJaneway is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere East of the Great Salt Lake.
Posts: 461
Default

I had a blast there. When we arrived, we were greeted by a Borg, and he scared me. I was sure I was being assimilated.

On the Klingon ride, when we were on the bridge, and Riker needed help I was standing behind Worf's console. I said "Let's fire the photon torpedoes." The guy next to me said he knew how, but the guide stopped our shooting. How many times has that guy rewound nest gen episode to figure out how to launch the torpedoes?

I thought that Borg 4-D was pretty cool. Voyager's fly over was awesome.

My friend and I were standing in front of the STE trying to figure out how much it was and when they opened. They were closed for the night. A guy came up and asked if we wanted to go. Sure, we said. Then he asked if we were fans. I said I was. My friend not so much. He then asked me who my favorite Captain is (duh), what her ship's name is, (I said Voyager and pointed to it) and asked what happened on her show (she got them stranded in the Delta Quadrant, flew around, fought the Borg and species 8472, and lots of people on the Internet think she should have gotten it on with her first officer). He then handed us 2 tickets, saying he wanted them to go to fans. Sweet!
__________________
Think Good thoughts. Thanks to Elizadolots for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynJaneway View Post
I had a blast there. When we arrived, we were greeted by a Borg, and he scared me. I was sure I was being assimilated.

On the Klingon ride, when we were on the bridge, and Riker needed help I was standing behind Worf's console. I said "Let's fire the photon torpedoes." The guy next to me said he knew how, but the guide stopped our shooting. How many times has that guy rewound nest gen episode to figure out how to launch the torpedoes?

I thought that Borg 4-D was pretty cool. Voyager's fly over was awesome.

My friend and I were standing in front of the STE trying to figure out how much it was and when they opened. They were closed for the night. A guy came up and asked if we wanted to go. Sure, we said. Then he asked if we were fans. I said I was. My friend not so much. He then asked me who my favorite Captain is (duh), what her ship's name is, (I said Voyager and pointed to it) and asked what happened on her show (she got them stranded in the Delta Quadrant, flew around, fought the Borg and species 8472, and lots of people on the Internet think she should have gotten it on with her first officer). He then handed us 2 tickets, saying he wanted them to go to fans. Sweet!
Both rides were sweet. I also paid the extra $$$ to have my pic taken in the Capatin's chair of the ENT-D. Was a great day!!
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-12-2008, 10:18 AM
KathrynJaneway's Avatar
KathrynJaneway KathrynJaneway is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere East of the Great Salt Lake.
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Both rides were sweet. I also paid the extra $$$ to have my pic taken in the Capatin's chair of the ENT-D. Was a great day!!
I would have, but Tiffany and Co was calling, plus I had a bad night the night before at the blackjack table.
__________________
Think Good thoughts. Thanks to Elizadolots for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynJaneway View Post
I would have, but Tiffany and Co was calling, plus I had a bad night the night before at the blackjack table.
Was a great pic, my only regret is I couldn't convince my wife to sit next to mew as my "Number One"
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-13-2008, 05:29 PM
KathrynJaneway's Avatar
KathrynJaneway KathrynJaneway is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere East of the Great Salt Lake.
Posts: 461
Default

Me and my friend at the Star Trek Experience. I have brown hair. Notice I'm not touching the Borg. He was scary and he totally could have had me screaming if he had come at my neck with his assimilation arm.

__________________
Think Good thoughts. Thanks to Elizadolots for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:40 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynJaneway View Post
Me and my friend at the Star Trek Experience. I have brown hair. Notice I'm not touching the Borg. He was scary and he totally could have had me screaming if he had come at my neck with his assimilation arm.

We have pics with him and the Kilingon guy...who took a shine to my wife...he followed us around..

Cute pic KJ, you are a nice looking person.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.