The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Canon question here...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Midshipman

Post Canon question here...

So, I have heard around the way, that ST 11 will be about the FIRST Enterprise...but what about "Star Trek: Enterprise"? Or will this just be the first NCC-1701 version of the Enterprise.

Personally, I just want Star Trek: Enerprise and TNG to come back.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

This is about the NCC-1701 and crew, not the NX-01. Depending on where you've heard the news, it could just be lazy reporting.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Lieutenant

Yeah this is about Kirk and Spock... Enterprise was good but I don't think they'd make a movie after them after what happened with the series... of course, the same thing happened to the original and look at them now... As for TNG, I think it's pretty much over for them unless the crew somehow gets back together, and to get Paramount to finace another film after them, it would be probably pretty hard
Old 01-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaleck View Post
Yeah this is about Kirk and Spock... Enterprise was good but I don't think they'd make a movie after them after what happened with the series... of course, the same thing happened to the original and look at them now... As for TNG, I think it's pretty much over for them unless the crew somehow gets back together, and to get Paramount to finace another film after them, it would be probably pretty hard
That, and Stewart wouldn't do it unless they had several million dollars to push his way (especially after what he's been paid for the X-Men movies).
Old 01-31-2008, 07:10 PM
Lieutenant

Long live Patrick Stewart! Sorry, man love here for Stewart...

Old 01-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Ensign

Well, the first UFP Enterprise was Pike's (April's, Kirk's), as already established... of course, add time travel and such to the mix, and who know?
Old 03-07-2009, 02:56 AM
Midshipman

In response to rubrnck, yes, this story is about NCC-1701, not the original Enterprise. Actually, NX-01 might just as easily have been called the Constitution, which was supposedly the flagship, but it had a totally different NCC number. Perhaps there was a Starfleet tradition of naming the first ship of its kind "Enterprise," which dates all the way back to the naming of the first Space Shuttle. Kind of a life-imitates-art-imitates-life loop!
Old 03-07-2009, 03:03 AM
Midshipman

This almost certainly will be the last Star Trek feature film. Viewership has dropped off in recent years. People have become pessimistic about the future, and Star Trek was a very optimistic view. People find that optimism naive and annoying now. The first sign of trouble was dropping "Star Trek" from the title of "Enterprise." The second sign was the original general release date for ST XI being moved from December 2008 to May 2009. Clearly, the studio wasn't sure how this movie would do, but they were reasonably certain it would do well enough to justify making the movie. They are trying to resuscitate "The Franchise," as it was called at Paramount, but I think this definitely will be the final Star Trek feature film for general theatrical release. Has anyone heard about a Star Trek television project that I first heard about in 1997 tentatively titled, "The Adventures of Capt. Sulu"?
Old 03-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pike View Post
In response to rubrnck, yes, this story is about NCC-1701, not the original Enterprise. Actually, NX-01 might just as easily have been called the Constitution, which was supposedly the flagship, but it had a totally different NCC number. Perhaps there was a Starfleet tradition of naming the first ship of its kind "Enterprise," which dates all the way back to the naming of the first Space Shuttle. Kind of a life-imitates-art-imitates-life loop!
Umm... No...

The NX-01 got away with coming before the first NCC-1701 because it was not a Federation ship. The 'NCC' bit is a Federation designation. And calling the first ship of a kind 'Enterprise' doesn't fit with what we know.

(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)
Old 03-07-2009, 04:41 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pike View Post
This almost certainly will be the last Star Trek feature film. Viewership has dropped off in recent years. People have become pessimistic about the future, and Star Trek was a very optimistic view. People find that optimism naive and annoying now. The first sign of trouble was dropping "Star Trek" from the title of "Enterprise." The second sign was the original general release date for ST XI being moved from December 2008 to May 2009. Clearly, the studio wasn't sure how this movie would do, but they were reasonably certain it would do well enough to justify making the movie. They are trying to resuscitate "The Franchise," as it was called at Paramount, but I think this definitely will be the final Star Trek feature film for general theatrical release. Has anyone heard about a Star Trek television project that I first heard about in 1997 tentatively titled, "The Adventures of Capt. Sulu"?
Dude, take some Zanex! Seriously…