The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > When did you get Excited *no spoilers*
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

To tell you the truth I was excited 2 or 3 years ago when Rick Berman mentioned that a movie was in the works. This meant hey its not over yet. So I guess I was ecstatic when I heard that this would go back to the TOS era and that J.J. Abrams was directing.

In a way it is cool to bring the so-called old school star trek back to the limelight and a shot at the big screen. I am happy it takes place before 2264-2269 so it is a part of the TOS era we have not seen.

Ill admit I was disappointed because there are many decades in the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th centuries which have never been brought to TV or the movies, so there is a lot of Star Trek story telling to be done, why are we going back to TOS!?!?!?!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Lieutenant

When i first heard about the concept of the film, found it intriguing. Obv I cant divulge wot bits excited me but i am generally looking forward to it.

HardyCofE
Old 02-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Lieutenant

Hmm...I believe the first time I needed to take a cold shower was after watching the official trailer about three weeks ago. My co-worker and I can't stop talking about it,
we've officially already annoyed the crap out of my team members. Only 11 more
months of us going on about it. HAHA.

"It might not be so bad. For all we know the Vorta could be gluttonous, alcoholic sex maniacs."
~Quark and Ziyal
Old 02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Midshipman

Who was J.J. Abrams to me? I'd only watched about 10 minutes of "Lost," but friends raved about it, so that impressed me. Plus, Abrams' involvement meant the Berman-Braga era finally was over, at least.

I *knew* there'd be a fresh take on Star Trek one day, and that it would revolve around my beloved original because it's still the one the public really knows -- what stunned me at first was that the studio would go for it this soon after Enterprise made Trek seem due for a rest, or even while Shatner and Nimoy were alive.

What I heard from the new team at Comic-Con and on TrekMovie.com gave me hope that they respect and understand what made the original special. Leonard Nimoy's involvement also helped me believe that they "get it." Then I saw the trailer, and the chills and tears sealed the deal for me.

I've not felt this much anticipation for anything Star Trek since ... hmm ... maybe '86, when the home video release of The Cage uncut was announced.

Live long and prosper!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Lieutenant

While I'm looking forward to it, I'm keeping my excitement held in check 'til we know more. Just a bit pessimistic, I guess! I am happy they're getting away from B&B, though. They get the lion's share of the 'credit' for running the franchise into the ground.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

The first time I got excited about it was after watching the teaser. I feared this was going to be just a TOS movie, with all the things I don't like about TOS included. But after watching the dirty, grungy, more human-looking trailer, I got real excited about the movie.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Eris_ View Post
Hmm...I believe the first time I needed to take a cold shower was after watching the official trailer about three weeks ago. My co-worker and I can't stop talking about it,
we've officially already annoyed the crap out of my team members. Only 11 more
months of us going on about it. HAHA.
how many times do i qoute u ?

I think my place of work now knows the exact content of the trailer and all the cast members. Its probably bad for trek but i was rather excited at the time.

HardyCofE
Old 02-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Fleet Admiral

When I read the announcement on startrek.com back in 2006, I cried.

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organian View Post
I first heard of the movie and I was interested. Heard it would be a precuel i had my doubts, saw JJ Abrahams i was scared, but when I heard at comic con that Leonard Nimoy would be on the movie and he would play Spock again, that did it for me. Spock is my hero and seeing him again ignited the fire in me.
Exactly the same with me. *5*

... and adding to this the fact, that Quinto was hired to play young Spock. ComicCon did it. I was totally captured then, because since Quinto himself said some weeks or month ago, he would like to play the role and I did a bit Web-resarch then to find pics and thought "Okay, this may work".

I was amazed when this came to be true and my All-Time-Hero Nimoy is also back on bord.

*Yay*
Old 02-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Commander

I already was excited from the first day on. I thought Nemesis and "These are the voyages" were the end of Star Trek. "These are the voyages.." also felt like an end.
I was so pleased hearing about a new Trek movie, made by JJA - for a lost fan a great choice.