The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > When did you get Excited *no spoilers*
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

When I heard about Quinto being cast as Spock and Nimoy reprising the role again. I've been following the movie production very closely since then.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Ensign

No real excitement until I watched the trailer. It made me feel good about the thought of Star Trek on the big screen again. I'm 'wait and see' about the movie itself though.

StarTrek-Games.com - The Worlds Largest Site Dedicated to Star Trek Games since 1999! Over 5,000 Members and counting!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Ensign

Default Same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessMess View Post
No real excitement until I watched the trailer. It made me feel good about the thought of Star Trek on the big screen again. I'm 'wait and see' about the movie itself though.
Thats about where I stand... so far... but production has just begun, so by the next trailer, who knows?
Old 01-31-2008, 07:37 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomalak301 View Post
I figured since this is the official site of the movie, I might as well post something in the official forum. Unfortunately, I'm not all that excited about this movie and actually feel ambliviant to it. However, since this is Star Trek, I might as well ask. When did you get excited for this movie, unless you aren't. Was it just because Trek was coming back? Was it because it was a remake. Is it this cast? When did you realize that this movie would be the number one movie you're looking forward all year.
When I found out Nimoy was coming back.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Ensign

Cool

I've been excited the entire time. Period. And everything else I hear about the movie just gets me worked up even more. By the time the premire rolls around, I think I'll explode out of sheer excitement and happiness.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Ensign

I was really hyped at the very beginning, when I unsuspectingly went to startrek.com and was confronted by the teaser poster -- the one with just the logo in blue and gold. I was like, "Holy @#$%" they're making a new one!!" Afterwards, I kind of forgot about it.

Then I went to see Cloverfield.....Oh. My. GOD. I almost wept. Not cried, wept. There's a difference.
I've been devouring info about the movie ever since. If I make it to Christmas without going nuts, it'll be a miracle.
"Then we're going to lunch."
Old 01-31-2008, 08:28 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I started to get excited as i started to read over at Trekmovie and all the good information they were receiving and reading up on things and the cast when it was getting together i was like hey this might not be so bad. Then i saw the trailer and the live chat session on trekmovie which was again more exciting that Abrams and the others would interact with those that were watching the progress of the movie.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Midshipman

At first I was firmly against a new TOS movie, but the trailer eased by skepticism. Also, the live chat JJ and crew held at Trekmovie a few days ago boosted my confidence in their ability to make an excellent Trek movie.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:48 PM
Captain

For me i always thought the great thing about Trek was the Kirk, McCoy, Spock dynamic. I had felt for a long time that they should have recast the original characters.
So when i heard those rumours it got me hoping. Hearing Abrams was coming on board took that excitement up a couple of notches.
Then when they announced the casting i figured the whole project must be inspired.
I had read that the original teaser was an anti climax but i think that is because people were expecting some clues to the story. I personally felt that i was getting a sense of the feel of the film. In some ways it feels like the original. I love how it also appears to be more real, that it is not completely divorced from our current technology which the later films did. So it is set in the future but one that we can envision as existing.
I would not call myself a trekkie but i am pretty excited.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:00 PM
Rear Admiral

Well, a couple of years ago when ST:11 might have been a continuation of Nemesis, I was not very excited. But since yearly last year after finding out what the new movie will be about, I got excited.

btw... Aaleck, and others already has over 100 posts on a forum thats only been open less than a day. lol, you have to learn to stand up and walk away from the PC at times OK man!