The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Films > Movies (I - X) > The Wrath of Khan!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Chris Fawkes's Avatar
Chris Fawkes Chris Fawkes is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,729
Default

Except you have the possibility of avoiding the moose. The roo's will just land on your car with no warning.
They will total your car and kill you or your passengers instantly as well. A real hazard in some parts.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes View Post
Except you have the possibility of avoiding the moose. The roo's will just land on your car with no warning.
They will total your car and kill you or your passengers instantly as well. A real hazard in some parts.
Do you have any IDEA how big moose are????

3X the size and weight of a horse!!!
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Chris Fawkes's Avatar
Chris Fawkes Chris Fawkes is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,729
Default

Still do they come out of knowwhere? Either way if you are going to get killed i would prefer not to at all.

I had a friend get his foot ripped off my a horse a few years back. The horse tried to throw him so he gripped the neck but the horse went over backwards smacking him to the ground then as it got up his foot was still in the foot thingy and it pulled it off. The tendons were still attached. They've since welded the bone.

I guess the experience would be like someone smashing you between the legs with a sledgehammer then wrenching you foot clean off.

Something else i would not be up for either.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes View Post
Still do they come out of knowwhere? Either way if you are going to get killed i would prefer not to at all.

I had a friend get his foot ripped off my a horse a few years back. The horse tried to throw him so he gripped the neck but the horse went over backwards smacking him to the ground then as it got up his foot was still in the foot thingy and it pulled it off. The tendons were still attached. They've since welded the bone.

I guess the experience would be like someone smashing you between the legs with a sledgehammer then wrenching you foot clean off.

Something else i would not be up for either.
Seems both animals come out of nowhere!!! Moose are big and fast when they want to be. To give you a rough size idea...


I think you mean stirrup "the foot thingy." well if a horse wants you off, unles you are a very seasoned rider, or experienced, and trained in the taming of horses, you should do what the horse wants you to do.

Your freind is really very lucky they didn't loose the foot completely. Horse are powerful creatures, not to be taken lightly.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-09-2008, 10:26 AM
MissionTrek08's Avatar
MissionTrek08 MissionTrek08 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I'd love to drive the outback, but would keep my eyes open for evil bikers or a guy in semi truck that looked like Max....LOL!
"Two men enter! Zardoz leaves!"

Say hi to Tina for me when you go.
__________________

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK


Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
"Two men enter! Zardoz leaves!"

Say hi to Tina for me when you go.
ROFL...If I ever get there, I will.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-09-2008, 10:48 AM
jtrek79's Avatar
jtrek79 jtrek79 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Athens,Greece
Posts: 3,330
Default

1982!! You are among the lucky ones zardoz
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrek79 View Post
1982!! You are among the lucky ones zardoz
I guess I won't mention I was in line in 1979 for TMP. Got to see a 70mm print of it then.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Legion's Avatar
Legion Legion is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Allentown,PA
Posts: 193
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I guess I won't mention I was in line in 1979 for TMP. Got to see a 70mm print of it then.
The Theater edition sucked anyway, with the giant holes in the story.
My dad saw all Star Trek Movies in Theaters minus Nemisis, he thought that it was gonna suck. Which it kinda did...
__________________

"Tickle us do we not Laugh? Prick us do we not Bleed? Wrong us shall we not Revenge" -General Chang Star Trek VI, quoted from Shakespeare
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
The Theater edition sucked anyway, with the giant holes in the story.
My dad saw all Star Trek Movies in Theaters minus Nemisis, he thought that it was gonna suck. Which it kinda did...
I don't disagree, but after, at that point 10 years without new live Trek, we woulda watched anything!!!
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.