The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Films > Movies (I - X) > The Wrath of Khan!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes View Post
I was doing a road trip from melbourne to Brisbane (aprox 2000 km) in a car i had picked up for $300. we were half way in Sydney city and found this old theatre with all the old carved statues etc in a side street and it was showing. Amazing experience.

When i got home a week later i took my mum.
300 AUS or 300 USD? LOL!

You didn't stop in "Wolf Creek" did you? LOL....kidding.

Those old theatres are amazing! A great way to see Trek films!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

I saw it at 12:01 on the night of it's release. We had waited out in the cold of a Colorado night for 6 hours. The news crews left by 9:00, so they could quickly edit and have their report ready for the 10:00 newscast about the "weirdos" all waiting for a movie. If I remember correctly, it was the Continental Theatre in Denver. HUGE. I will never forget the fact that none of us could hear James Horner's music, because of the cheers and shouts that went up at the main title, and the rounds of applause as each of the familliar names flashed across the screen.

It was the best movie screening I'd been to, since the first time I went to see Star Wars.

That was an incredible year for movies, too. We had The Road Warrior that same year, and Poltergeist, and I think, Tron... Lord, how far we've come in terms of CGI...

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
I saw it at 12:01 on the night of it's release. We had waited out in the cold of a Colorado night for 6 hours. The news crews left by 9:00, so they could quickly edit and have their report ready for the 10:00 newscast about the "weirdos" all waiting for a movie. If I remember correctly, it was the Continental Theatre in Denver. HUGE. I will never forget the fact that none of us could hear James Horner's music, because of the cheers and shouts that went up at the main title, and the rounds of applause as each of the familliar names flashed across the screen.

It was the best movie screening I'd been to, since the first time I went to see Star Wars.

That was an incredible year for movies, too. We had The Road Warrior that same year, and Poltergeist, and I think, Tron... Lord, how far we've come in terms of CGI...
Ok, I loved Road Warior, and still do. I allways hated Tron, must be something worng with me....lol.

Poltergeist was cool when it was fresh, it's been ripped off too many times, even by itself.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I saw it opening day in 1982, that was cool!
Unfortunatly for me I wasen't born yet, the first movie I saw in theaters was Insurection I think. My dad saw it though. Kirk I suggest you watch Star Trek III and IV, they'll explain Spock's Death, not to spoil anything.

"Tickle us do we not Laugh? Prick us do we not Bleed? Wrong us shall we not Revenge" -General Chang Star Trek VI, quoted from Shakespeare
Old 05-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Lieutenant

I plan on watching all the Trek movies. I know Spock comes back. His death scene in the TWOK was still awesome even knowing he doesn't really die "as long as we remember him"

"Spock...comment"
"Very bad poetry, Captain."
"A more useful comment, Mr. Spock."

I fail to comprehend your indignation, sir. I have simply made the logical deduction that you are a liar. (Spock)
Old 05-09-2008, 03:47 AM
Captain

Quote:
300 AUS or 300 USD? LOL!

You didn't stop in "Wolf Creek" did you? LOL....kidding.

Those old theatres are amazing! A great way to see Trek films!
300 au. Not sure what the conversion rate was back then.

2002 it was 50cents. It was cheaper to fly to New York and buy a camera and fly home than to buy one locally (at the top end )

We do have some nutters here. The guy wolf creek was based on is pretty disgusting. I did live near where that all happened for a while in 06
Old 05-09-2008, 04:08 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
Unfortunatly for me I wasen't born yet, the first movie I saw in theaters was Insurection I think. My dad saw it though. Kirk I suggest you watch Star Trek III and IV, they'll explain Spock's Death, not to spoil anything.
You missed out my freind.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:12 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
300 au. Not sure what the conversion rate was back then.

2002 it was 50cents. It was cheaper to fly to New York and buy a camera and fly home than to buy one locally (at the top end )

We do have some nutters here. The guy wolf creek was based on is pretty disgusting. I did live near where that all happened for a while in 06
Man, that would be scary to live near where that happened.

150.00 Bucks USD for a car is a great deal! When you said that, it just made me think of Wolf Creek.

It's like the Aussie "Texas Chainsaw" (Which was also based on real people/events).

Heck, nutters are everywhere.

After seeing Mad Max 1 (Finally saw the original Aussie cut recently) and 2 (2 was known as Road Warrior im the US) I did want to go driving in the Outback...lol.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:06 AM
Captain

Quote:
Man, that would be scary to live near where that happened.

150.00 Bucks USD for a car is a great deal! When you said that, it just made me think of Wolf Creek.

It's like the Aussie "Texas Chainsaw" (Which was also based on real people/events).

Heck, nutters are everywhere.

After seeing Mad Max 1 (Finally saw the original Aussie cut recently) and 2 (2 was known as Road Warrior im the US) I did want to go driving in the Outback...lol.
If you love driving the outback is great. Sometimes it is like it is raining Kangaroos though. Imagine 1000 deer bouncing around at lightning speed. I hit one in the head once and flattened out the whole side of the car.

Land mass we are about 110 square miles smaller then the U.S so lots of outback. You know nobody drinks fosters here right?
Old 05-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
If you love driving the outback is great. Sometimes it is like it is raining Kangaroos though. Imagine 1000 deer bouncing around at lightning speed. I hit one in the head once and flattened out the whole side of the car.

Land mass we are about 110 square miles smaller then the U.S so lots of outback. You know nobody drinks fosters here right?
I knew Foster's was a Stateside thing , like outback resturants (they rty to use a "Aussie" motif).

After living in Alaska, and seeing what happens if one is unlucky and hits a Moose:

1) Your car is totaled, and the moose walks away, or is very PO'd ans stomps you flat.

2) It rolls and crushes your roof in and kills you, and your passengers instantly. Or it leaves you paralized from the neck down forever.

I'll take Roo's anyday!

I'd love to drive the outback, but would keep my eyes open for evil bikers or a guy in semi truck that looked like Max....LOL!