The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Who's your fave character (out of the whole Star Trek 'verse), and why?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I so forgot about Morn, now that was an interesting character.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Ensign

Picard, Garak and Weyoun!!! Jeffrey Combs is the best guest actor on Star Trek, i think the DS9 Dominion War story would not of been success without the depth he brought to the character.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Commander

Julian Subatoi Bashir.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:58 AM
Admiral

Default my fav

Picard, Captain Picard...

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 02-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Although my favorite character is James T. Kirk, I am a lot more like Data, since I can't for the life of me understand why humans act the way they do. But I'm especially like Data in GENERATIONS when he has the emotion chip, since I am incredibly emotional as well. Everything you need to know about me can be said about Data in that film: Confused, hyper, sad, regretful, and at the end of the day, relieved that my family is still okay

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 02-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Midshipman

Captain James T. Kirk. He was just the coolest. Men wanted to be him and women wanted to be with him. He was a space cowboy, but he was also super intelligent. He could turn out the lights on the biggest and the meanest of villains with his pseudo judo chops that barely touched them or he could trick a robot that had destroyed billions of people into destroying itself. He had swagger, an easy smile, and a universe full of cockiness, but he always made it work and did what was going to bring his crew back alive (well, Red shirts not included). He could be rough at times, but he had a poet's soul. He cared. Besides, anyone who can have an entire Klingon Empire hate their guts is alright in my book. I salute you Captain James T. Kirk, Star Trek just wouldn't be Star Trek without you.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:34 AM
Ensign

I like all of the Star Trek characters apart from Wesley (TNG) and Kes (VOY).

But who stands out as the best is Picard! His character is brilliantly written, Patrick Stewart plays Picard with so much depth. 2nd Place is Data!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Midshipman

I grew up watching the original series. My favorite character was always Spock. I admired his intelligence and the way he would make the difficult choices, even when it wouldn't be in his best interests. Like choosing to stay on the bridge after Kirk was attacked by the Andorian in "Journey to Babel". Even though that choice could have meant the death of his father. And Sarek for understanding that choice and defending it to Spock's mother.

Across all the series I admire the Vulcans. I am Vulcan because of Spock.

USS Vre'kasht NCC-33187
Web site
Forum

STARFLEET The International Star Trek Fan Association, Inc.
Region Six

T'Plon's Shop
Old 02-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Ensign

Post Sisko

Benjamin Sisko. Maybe he is the more complex of the series commanders, tough, intelligent and an extraordinary leader. Capable in war times and have utmost abilities for politics.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Ensign

Post I'll follow AcidRain's example for my answer...

Of all the incarnations of Trek, I have several favorites because there just can't be one in my opinion.

1. TOS (regular) - Kirk - Because he's always been the best captain as far as I'm concerned, and I feel he had the most admirable qualities that embodied a starship captain.
2. TOS (non-regular) - Khan Noonien Singh - Because he was the best villain ever for Kirk.
3. TNG (regular) - Data - The character that most embodied the series because he grew the most as the series progressed and everyone could relate to him.
4. TNG (non-regular) - Reginald Barclay - Because I just loved the character, and you have to hand it to Dwight Schultz for being a wonderful actor. I am always torn between watching him as Barclay or Murdock on "The A-Team" because I think he's great as any character.
5. DS9 (Regular) - Captain Sisko - Definitely like him better after the promotion because as a Commander the character always seemed incomplete for the series, and the best of the character shined thru in the later seasons.
6. DS9 (non-regular) - Garak - Most interesting character because you always wanted to learn more about him.
7. DS9 (special) - Regent Worf of the Mirror Universe - When I heard this character for the first time, it became the inspiration behind my own fan ship and story I am creating.
8. VOY (regular) - Seven of Nine - Because she's freakin' HOT! And I have a pic of my wife's head super-imposed on the silver jumpsuit publicity photo of Seven.
9. VOY (non-regular) - Dr. Chaotica - This was just a hillarious character and I love watching the incidents with him.
10. ENT (regular) - Captain Archer - Admired this captain because of the unwanted role he adapted to in-order to save humanity. Just wish we could have seen the Romulan War story arc with this series.
11. Also: I love all the characters the Jeffrey Combs played, especially Brunt "F.C.A.", plus Martok was the best non-Worf Klingon ever. However I did love the way that Kor was treated in DS9, and I hated that Kang and Koloth were killed off like they were so early on.

As for the upcoming movie, I don't know whom I'll like for sure out of the entire cast, especially since I haven't seen much if anything of their work prior to Trek XI...however I know that I like Karl Urban in Doom, and I can definitely see him in the McCoy role. I was also disappointed with the Captain Pike actor choice. If any of you saw the pole on Startrek.com before the staff was fired, you probably noticed the actor at the top of the list was Ray Liotta. I don't know about the rest of you, but he looked the part more than any other actor out there. If Jeffrey Hunter was reincarnated in anyone, it was Ray Liotta.

Well, that's my gripe, closing this channel.

Steven Smith