The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Who's your fave character (out of the whole Star Trek 'verse), and why?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Out of all Characters i like the most out of all the shows:

1. Commander Shran (Andorian) (ENT)

Commander Shran seemed over confident and arrogant while at the same time being serious and having a sense of humor at the same time, he always showed up when least expected him to show up.

2. Garak (DS9)
Do i have to explain? He was always a mystery behind who he really was and also was something else as if he would take and put one thing in one hand and never show the other.

3. General Martok (DS9)
Martok was what i expected out of a Klingon, rational while being honorable and diplomatic smart and tactful and realistic while keeping true to being a Klingon.

4. Dr. Flox (ENT)
He was a species which we had never seen and i just found him and his humor and his sense of humanity and his ethics were important to him while being a very interesting character and species which was very interesting and would have liked to know more about his species.

5. Dax (DS9)
Those spots are so sexy! Again, a women with and being the host of another being of species and the interest of who she was and that at times those other lives had intervened someway or another.

6. Miles O'Brien (DS9)
In DS9 we saw and found out the mystery of who Miles was and what once was though his wars and secret covert past while being what reminded me of Scotty and the true Engineer that we all fell in love with in Scotty.

7. Commander Worf (DS9)
I rather enjoyed Worf more so in DS9 as he had multiple roles as when he was commander of the defiant and his role in the show and his fight with him Klingon and what was more important, in TNG we didn't see the exploration in that which we saw in DS9.

8. All the Starship Captains
Do i have to say anything they are all and have great qualities i could write a book!

Cheers,

Acidrain
Old 01-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
Do you have a character that ya like? Or do you identify with that person?

Have you ever dressed as said character for Halloween or at any Cons?

Or, if you don't have a favorite character, do ya have a favorite alien? If so, is it because of their typical traits?

Just wonderin'.
I guess my favorite character will always be Spock. Mostly because his character is someone who I can identify with, but also because he is the most intersting.

I am waiting to see if Zachary Quinto can bring that out in the character as well as Nimoy did, but based on Nimoy's endorsement and ongoing news releases, I'm very optimistic. I can't wait to see the movie.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:47 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Oh my... this is a hard one. I really like T'Pol in S4 of Enterprise. I've also got a soft spot for Quark. And Sarek was always awesome.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Since I'm in a DS9 mood, Odo. He is one cool dude and is an awesome security officer. His quibbles with Quark were always entertaining.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Why, moi of course.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Midshipman

This is a hard one! So many great answers so far too! I guess it comes down to a three way tie for me too. Between Riker, Spock, and Kirk.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Ensign

Data, hands down.

My favorite moment came in "Redemption II" when he was put in charge of the USS Sutherland and no one trusted him. Then he found a way to find the cloaked Romulan ships while disobeying orders and proved himself a capable captain.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:20 PM
Ensign

Dr. David Marcus may be my favorite, he was kirk's son and we never really got to know much about him, i thought it seemed like Kirk never really cared enough about him and it depressed me since he seemed like a good man but seemed to care a whole lot more about Spock than his own boy....

Sulu was awesome. Harry Kim annoyed me but i thought it was good to have an Asian dood on the ship after a few decades, even if after 300 years he still couldn't get laid...
Old 01-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Midshipman

Data for 7 years anyway. I was a teenager for part of TNG and I think the whole social awkwardness and just wanting to fit in struck a cord. Plus hes a robot and robots (android whatever) are always cool heh.

Garak is up there too.

...almost forgot Morn, everyone loves Morn.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Ensign

1) Q. He brought the snarkiness whenever TNG was getting too stuffy. And we have him to thank for all the Borg awesomeness that followed. And if that isn't enough, he brings his own mariachi band and massage girls.

2) Dr McCoy. Out of all the TOS cast, he seemed most like a real human being, as opposed to a "hero" or a "position", if you know what I mean. DeForest Kelley actually getting to act in the scene with his dying father is one of the very few bright spots in ST5.

3) Picard. Just sheer class all the way.

4) Tomalak. He's the very very model of a devious, smarmy Romulan.

5) Silik. "Hello, Jon." Another great, slimy villain. Are we seeing a pattern here?
"Then we're going to lunch."