The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > What other 24th Century Characters will be in the Movie?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Lieutenant

I agree with this. I don't see any TNG revival in this picture.........but the future?? It's possible as folks grow nostalgic.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Iam not sure if it would be so wise to do that as you don't want to overshadow Leonard Nimoy and while the movie is about the new crew and the older Spock Abrams has to balance it while not taking the attention away from the others and the movie.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Midshipman

We already know that the film will feature time travel, Orci said it somewhere. We know that it features old Spock. We know that some of the things will look different(Technology) and we know there will be a canonical reason for it.

I think that Spock goes back in time and affects it, maybe just temporarily, thus explaining all of the above and it gives us a new TOS era adventure!

I like the idea of it starting up with Riker and the Titan and it ending with the Enterprise E(but I doubt it will end on the E)
Old 01-31-2008, 06:12 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Okay, let's not try to turn it into another TATV!!
Old 01-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Midshipman

We've already seen too much of the 24th century. I wouldn't mind it at all if this movie stuck to only the 23rd century characters (except old Spock) and told more of the stories of the TOS crew...the stories we didn't hear in the all-too-few 79 episodes, as opposed to the 520 episodes of the 24th century.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Agreed. I'd love to see kind of a 24 century 'book ends' to the movie, but I think for this movie to be really big, it needs to be set apart, and Nimoy should really be the only original cast member in it, and none from the later series'.

Feel free to look at my Trek stuff (including Bedroom, prop replicas and STTE) available HERE
Old 02-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Midshipman

I consider it highly unlikely Patrick Stewart would come back for a quick cameo in a predominantly TOS movie. Riker and Titan might work, but in the end it all depends exactly what time period the 'old spock' parts are set in. We assume it's post-tng but how far? I look forward to finding out when I watch the film.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Lieutenant

None needed. We've already seen a Riker cameo in the Enterprise finale debacle. Stick to the characters and their story.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Ensign

Other than Spock...no one.

FYI, I'm Jack Bauer at Trek BBS.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:31 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassieboy View Post
I consider it highly unlikely Patrick Stewart would come back for a quick cameo in a predominantly TOS movie. Riker and Titan might work, but in the end it all depends exactly what time period the 'old spock' parts are set in. We assume it's post-tng but how far? I look forward to finding out when I watch the film.
but it's not a TOS movie anyone expecting one is gonna be disappointed, I have a feeling that this movie maybe closer to ENT in terms of Sets,Costumes and tone from what I've seen the only thing they are keeping from TOS is Nimoy and the character names bringing in more 24th Century characters will certainly appeal to the fans that never watched TOS