The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Ghost stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Commander

Default Ghost stories

Do believe?
Not much of a beliver till it happened to me.
As I layed in bed at my Mom's house, some one sat on my bed, and no one was there. Things would fall and no one was in that room. Wierd
Old 04-30-2008, 04:55 AM
Federation Councillor

There is something..not sure what...but soemthing.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:06 AM
Fleet Admiral

Scalosians.

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 04-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
Scalosians.
I knew it!!! LOL!!

Where's the special water???
Old 04-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

I've had one or two experiences, just enough to make me wonder if there might not be something to it. I've also had a UFO sighting.

But mostly, I find plenty of mystery and wonder in the real, physical, verifiable universe.

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Federation Councillor

Well I guess we'll all find out one day!
Old 04-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Admiral

I got to do some camera work for paranormal investigators once or twice, that was an interesting job! A friend of mine, very scientifically oriented is really into it, he doesn't believe in it I don't think but he still goes to places, trying to find something. He has found some things that are strange, voices on audio, a few photos, one or two pieces of video. Ghost Hunters sorts of things, if anyone ever watches that show.

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 05-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
I got to do some camera work for paranormal investigators once or twice, that was an interesting job! A friend of mine, very scientifically oriented is really into it, he doesn't believe in it I don't think but he still goes to places, trying to find something. He has found some things that are strange, voices on audio, a few photos, one or two pieces of video. Ghost Hunters sorts of things, if anyone ever watches that show.
Livingston-

There's a money maker for you!

"Tonight on Mr. Livingston's Spooktacular Show!!"
Old 05-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Fleet Admiral

I've had a couple of unexplained experiences:

The first was shortly after my mom died, and I heard her voice as plain as day wake me up one morning. It was so clear I actually answered before I woke up enough to remember that she couldn't be calling out my name.

The second was on a "ghost expedition" study I went as an open-minded skeptic, at an unused Hollywood movie theater . At the turn of the previous century it was a schoolhouse which burned down, later a projectionist died there while on duty, among other events in the location's history. A group of us spent several hours there one warm summer night trying to detect and measure any odd phenomenon.

Several experiences were reported -- people seeing shapes in the dark theater, tape recorders stopping without apparent cause -- but I found such things either too subjective or perhaps explainable by reasons aside from the supernatural.

Yet one very different experience was a cold spot we measured moving up one of the aisles between seat rows. We detected a volume of air about 3-feet tall slowly moving from the screen (front) to the back of the theater, measurable on digital thermometers. Stick your hand in the middle of the volume and it felt cold, yet move your hand above, below or to the side by mere inches and the air was room temp. As I said, this was a balmy summer night, no wind, no air conditioning in the building, and no open doors or windows. It was a physical, measurable phenomenon I still can't explain.

Later we all sat with our backs to the screen/stage in semi-darkness, watching the theater seats which reportedly would move on their own. These are the typical spring-loaded seats which fold up automatically unless you sit on it, and we made sure every seat was folded up first. After about 10 minutes a few of us took flashlinghts and walked row by row... sure enough we found seats folded down by themselves. We could not put these same seats up then have them stay down again by themselves... you still had to hold it down even after it had gone down on its own.

At the end of that seat watching session, suddenly it sounded like someone picked up an entire short row of seats on one side and dropped them on the floor. Flashlights quickly revealed nothing in the area which could cause it, and about 30 pairs of eyes were all facing the lobby doors, so we knew no one came in or could have run out so quickly by the time we lit the area.

I have no idea if these events where caused by ghosts, per se, but even as an "I need proof" skeptic, I could not explain what happened and was objectively verifiable by others. It was quite interesting and I'd certainly try more such expeditions again someday.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Livingston-

There's a money maker for you!

"Tonight on Mr. Livingston's Spooktacular Show!!"
I'll wear a cape and monocle and smoke a cigarette in a holder!

One of those places I went with these people was this old cabin, where supposedly a confederate soldier died. He was wounded and whoever lived here, took him in and he haunts the place, so they say. Creepy cabin too, looked like the one in The Evil Dead. This place was in Tennessee, anyway, I didn't see anything or hear anything but we took some audio and clearly on one tape you could hear this man say "Virginia." Very clearly, he sounded like Sam Elliot, no joke!

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"

Last edited by Livingston : 05-01-2008 at 11:20 AM.