The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > Shran,becoming a enterprise crewmember
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Maybe soemone will put it into a novel?
Let's hope!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Fleet Admiral

He is in 'The Good That Men Do'. Guess that should be incentive enough to buy it
But I doubt he will be in 'Kobayashi Maru'. Sounds more like a focus on Archer and Hernandez story.

Last edited by horatio : 07-16-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:29 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
He is in 'The Good That Men Do'. Guess that should be incentive enough to buy it
But I doubt he will be in 'Kobayashi Maru'. Sounds more like a focus on Archer and Hernandez story.
Sounds like both will be good reads!
Old 07-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Ensign

I seen from a Manny Coto interview that he would have been made a regular on Enterprise. Not sure if it would have worked if they did it, would depend on how they implemented it. He was afterall a Starship Captain as well. Putting him as a subordanite to Archer I think would weaken the character and the relationship between them.

Afterall both were equals & both able to make decisions that they saw fit for their people and it was up to mostly Archer to find the middle path so both sides could benefit.

I'd have either put him back in as an Imperial Gaurd Captain/General or as Andor's representative to Earth.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayman View Post
I seen from a Manny Coto interview that he would have been made a regular on Enterprise. Not sure if it would have worked if they did it, would depend on how they implemented it. He was afterall a Starship Captain as well. Putting him as a subordanite to Archer I think would weaken the character and the relationship between them.

Afterall both were equals & both able to make decisions that they saw fit for their people and it was up to mostly Archer to find the middle path so both sides could benefit.

I'd have either put him back in as an Imperial Gaurd Captain/General or as Andor's representative to Earth.
Shran mentioned in "The Aenar" that it is unlikely that he gets back command of another ship after the Kumari was destroyed. And making him a general ... we know how Kirk feeled as admiral. Shran's temper seems to be not the best either for a job as ambassador.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Federation Councillor

I think he could have been an advisor.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Ensign

It would have made for interesting dynamics if Shran had become a subordinate of Archer. As far as I remember, they were always at it, trying to up the other one. Although to me, he was just a bit of comic relief, kind of like Q.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Coast_Trekkie View Post
I don't see Shran serving on an earth ship.
I agree. Shran is a rough edged sword. He has an untamed quality about him that makes him an independent soul. I see him as a explorer/trader or maybe a mercenary if the cause is right. He would never fit in aboard the Enterprise or any other position in Star Fleet unless he commanded his own ship.

He's the Andorian version of Kirk and Archer.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post
He would never fit in aboard the Enterprise or any other position in Star Fleet unless he commanded his own ship.
²nd! I was thinking the exact same thing.
A Commander on an Andorian ship, so if he would join forces with the Humans he should be nothing less than a Captain!
Old 12-18-2008, 02:21 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pointy ears View Post
Dont know how many of u know that the producers were thinking about making shran a member of archer's crew.it will had been interesting to see how they would of done it,would jeffrey combs be the show's 8th star or would they kill sato or mayweather off or transferred 1 to make way for shran?.
By the end of the 7th season, it was planned that Porthos would have been an Enterprise crewmember. I'm serious, not making that up at all. I've read the memos.
"Now I did a job -- and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job... and then I get paid. Go run your little world."