The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > After "In A Mirror Darkly"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2009, 01:19 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
But then the big weakly question would be: who lands in the agony booth and who of the main cast dies? Would be a pretty short-running show with a main cast of only seven.
LOL! Ok, I could've lived with a miniseries like this.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:43 AM
Commander

Would also be a short show in that the Defiant could own anything that tries to threaten them, is always more entertaining to watch an outgunned underdog trying to get the upper hand.

Classic ep though, one of the best of Enterprise and possibly of much of Star Trek as a whole.

And yeah T'Pol in original series uniform was one of the episode's highlights!

After Hoshi becoming Empress there doesn't seem to be much advancement as a very similar ship is seen in Mirror Mirror, so I'm guessing they can't reverse engineer it and that it's destroyed eventually by an alliance between various bullied species.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Lieutenant

Yeah, I imagine the Empress wouldn't want people reverse-engineering the Defiant, since with it she's pretty much invincible and who'd want competition?

Then all it takes is for someone to sabotage it or blow it up, and the Terrans are back at square 1.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
Yeah, I imagine the Empress wouldn't want people reverse-engineering the Defiant, since with it she's pretty much invincible and who'd want competition?

Then all it takes is for someone to sabotage it or blow it up, and the Terrans are back at square 1.
So what was the point of everything happening, then?
Old 03-05-2009, 05:34 AM
Captain

I think it would have been cool for the ENT crew somehow find out what happened in the Mirror universe, and go on a mission to destroy the Defiant.

Of course, this would affect canon, as TOS were the first to encounter the mirror universe....

Maybe it could have been a cool ENT crossover epiosde(s). TNG or DS9 or even VOY crew sent into the mirror universe past to destroy the Defiant, as the mirror ENT crew changed the mirror timeline, and that in turn affected the "normal" universe timeline somehow....

Time travel & universe crossovers....now THAT'S science fiction!!

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage75 View Post
I think it would have been cool for the ENT crew somehow find out what happened in the Mirror universe, and go on a mission to destroy the Defiant.

Of course, this would affect canon, as TOS were the first to encounter the mirror universe....

Maybe it could have been a cool ENT crossover epiosde(s). TNG or DS9 or even VOY crew sent into the mirror universe past to destroy the Defiant, as the mirror ENT crew changed the mirror timeline, and that in turn affected the "normal" universe timeline somehow....

Time travel & universe crossovers....now THAT'S science fiction!!
As a friend of mine would say: ''Totally made of win!!''

I'm not sure what it means, but in this specific situation I can assure you that he would say it!

(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)
Old 05-08-2009, 06:14 AM
Midshipman

Well maybe thats where the Romulans got their cloaking technology. Remember we find out why the Defiant was in that time and place in the last episode of the series.