The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Evolution
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Vice Admiral

While some of the codes do have nice early ideas regarding hygiene, many are just plain silly. Why is a woman "unclean" twice as long when she has a baby daughter versus having a son? Also, much of the unclean periods last only one day, they don't say much about actually cleaning yourself, only that you will be "unclean" for a certain period of time.

p.s. I couldn't open the page you linked, Sraviik. I'm not sure why, but I am somewhat familiar with the book of Leviticus, which I imagine is quoted on the page you linked. That is where I got the daughter vs son thing from.

Last edited by MrQ1701 : 05-06-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Lieutenant

here lets try a google cache linkage.... http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:...&hl=en&ct=clnk

as for the double unclean thing perhaps it has something to do with the mother needing time to recover and bond with her daughter before getting another child and there could be hormones left in the body that would influence another infant if it where conceived during the period of uncleanliness as for how they would have even known about these kind of things...

Quote:
An intelligence (intelligent civilization) currently unknown/unknowable colonized this planet (possibly/probably via terraforming thousands of years ago no evidence of their arrival remains(their ships oxidized and eroded) and natural disasters and time erased the evidence) they brought plants and animals in infant or embryo form with the proper equipment to mature them. a tribe of their descendants managed to survive and save some of their knowledge from being lost, changing it in small ways to ensure that their descendants would follow it until the technology level could be brought back up to a point where people would actually understand the reasons behind it. but they kept it pretty secret amongst themselves until roughly almost 2,000 years ago.

Last edited by sraviik : 05-06-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraviik View Post
If you can withstand the constant references to sins then click on this for a nice pdf file that goes over biblical codes for cleanlinessif you consider the state of mind of populations back in the time when these codes where developed the only way to enforce them would be to present them under that specific format. Things that would bring harm or disease into a community where branded sins
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
Sure, I can clearly see the facts, the bones of former homini, their increasing skull size, etc.
By the way, I don't use "evasive tactics" or "logical fallacies" or whatever else you have to say when you actually have to say nothing.

Enjoy your crusade, the Dark Ages will welcome you.
Let the record show you have assiduously avoided all facts that contradict your position. You have reframed from any common frame of reference which would support anything more than the popular conclusion. You have, to date, used two ad hominems and one strawman to justify your argument and to personally attack me rather than attacking the argument.

Regardless of your use of flame-bait and trolling between yourself and Fanwriter, I've remained peacable if not direct addressing your poor tactics and lack of reliance on the facts. Both of you have gone out of the way to make this personal.

I don't need to attack you to make my argument.
I wouldn't ever attack anyone for their beliefs let alone stating the facts. It would Degenerate my position and my personal dedication to logic.

Since this is so far ALL you are offering, I can find no logical reason to continue discussing the topic with you at this time. I certainly won't encourage the flame baiting. If it was your motive to remove from the thread...then you certainly have reason to rejoice. You've contributed to caustic atmosphere and little else.

Mr. Q's comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
1The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

I apologize to those that are uncomfortable with the quoting of the Bible. I am simply trying to point out that the bible DOES support the idea of an afterlife. I will attempt to remain on topic after this.

One more thing: Luke 16:19-31 also tells a story of two people that died and their spirits ended up in two different places. How is this "not scripturally supported"?? Check mate!!
I'm trying to avoid this sort of thing I should have posted my response in a PM. Forum rules discourage these sort of topics for exactly this reason. Remember that suppressive atmosphere I spoke of. This is my error.

Last edited by Saquist : 05-06-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Fleet Admiral

Flaming and trolling? Someone who spreads creationism propaganda in a thread labeled evolution calls me a troll?
I am the only one who has become personal? It's not like you have not first ridiculed folks like me or NCC who actually enjoyed a scientific education. That does not makes us smarter, but naturally you know more about science when you have been at the university than when you have not been.

Religion is science and science is belief. Enjoy your "mirror universe" but don't complain when sane people tell you that things work differently in the real world.

Last edited by horatio : 05-06-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Closed Thread