The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Algore used CGI shots in Inconvenient Truth
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-23-2008, 06:11 AM
Akula2ssn's Avatar
Akula2ssn Akula2ssn is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
At least Al didn't claim to have invented CGI....LOL.
What was that intro he had on Futurama? Inventor of the environment, and Emperor of the moon or something like that.
__________________

"Don't confuse facts with reality."
-Robert D. Ballard
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-23-2008, 06:24 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akula2ssn View Post
What was that intro he had on Futurama? Inventor of the environment, and Emperor of the moon or something like that.
Sorry, never seem Futurerama.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-23-2008, 06:28 AM
Bright Eyes's Avatar
Bright Eyes Bright Eyes is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 262
Default

Did anybody notice that the graphs Al Gore used in his movie didn't show what he said they showed? (Clue: Look at his CO2 and temperature graphs; ignore what Gore says when the CO2 & temperature problems started, look at the dates on the graphs for when the steep increases start.)

And did anybody notice that Gore never gave any evidence supporting that human activities cause Global Warming, but just kept assuming it all the way through the movie, as if proving Global Warming is happening (supposedly) is equal to proving that human activity is the cause of it.

And who noticed that Gore never allowed that there may be natural causes for Global Warming (assuming that it is even happening)?
__________________
_________________________________
If you are too open minded your brains will fall out.





Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-23-2008, 06:31 AM
Akula2ssn's Avatar
Akula2ssn Akula2ssn is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Eyes View Post
Did anybody notice that the graphs Al Gore used in his movie didn't show what he said they showed? (Clue: Look at his CO2 and temperature graphs; ignore what Gore says when the CO2 & temperature problems started, look at the dates on the graphs for when the steep increases start.)

And did anybody notice that Gore never gave any evidence supporting that human activities cause Global Warming, but just kept assuming it all the way through the movie, as if proving Global Warming is happening (supposedly) is equal to proving that human activity is the cause of it.

And who noticed that Gore never allowed that there may be natural causes for Global Warming (assuming that it is even happening)?
Yeah, that's one of the reasons why a British judge ruled that the movie couldn't be shown in British schools as the sole point of view or sole source of information on the issue. To do so would basically be biased and I believe a violation of British law if I remember the article correctly.
__________________

"Don't confuse facts with reality."
-Robert D. Ballard
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-23-2008, 06:34 AM
RedShirtWalking's Avatar
RedShirtWalking RedShirtWalking is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 1,020
Default

Well, there's no allowance for natural causes to "Global Warming" (TM) because that doesn't fit Al Gore's thesis. His angle is that its the fault of humans and, more specifically, Americans.

Yet, he travels all across the globe on private jets and in SUVs preaching his message in the First Universal Church of Global Warmth.

The man is a total hypocrite.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-23-2008, 06:36 AM
Akula2ssn's Avatar
Akula2ssn Akula2ssn is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtWalking View Post
Well, there's no allowance for natural causes to "Global Warming" (TM) because that doesn't fit Al Gore's thesis. His angle is that its the fault of humans and, more specifically, Americans.

Yet, he travels all across the globe on private jets and in SUVs preaching his message in the First Universal Church of Global Warmth.

The man is a total hypocrite.
Speaking of which, wasn't there like a concert he had held in Europe and all of the celebrities that went pretty much all went in private jets and what not?
__________________

"Don't confuse facts with reality."
-Robert D. Ballard
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-23-2008, 06:37 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtWalking View Post
Well, there's no allowance for natural causes to "Global Warming" (TM) because that doesn't fit Al Gore's thesis. His angle is that its the fault of humans and, more specifically, Americans.

Yet, he travels all across the globe on private jets and in SUVs preaching his message in the First Universal Church of Global Warmth.

The man is a total hypocrite.
Al: "Now, while I sit in my huge SUV, plowing out plumes of Carbon Monoxide, let's see how this factory is REALLY poluting out air with leftover sugar from Lolipops."
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-23-2008, 06:41 AM
RedShirtWalking's Avatar
RedShirtWalking RedShirtWalking is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 1,020
Default

I really loved the part where he's talking about his friend who does core samples of the ice at the South Pole and, where the ice gets cleaner and clearer his friend says, "See that there...that's where Congress passed the Clean Air Act that President Clinton signed." (Or something like that.)

What a crock of ****e.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-23-2008, 06:42 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtWalking View Post
I really loved the part where he's talking about his friend who does core samples of the ice at the South Pole and, where the ice gets cleaner and clearer his friend says, "See that there...that's where Congress passed the Clean Air Act that President Clinton signed." (Or something like that.)

What a crock of ****e.
You knew he was going to take credit for it(even by proxy), he IS a poltican...lol.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-23-2008, 06:43 AM
RedShirtWalking's Avatar
RedShirtWalking RedShirtWalking is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 1,020
Default

Oh, I know! Yet, people think he is still the chief prophet on "Global Warming" (TM). I will never understand that.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.