The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > saw to films this weekend
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Commander

Default saw two films this weekend

Forbidden Kingdom and 88 secends
Both were good,
lots of action
Anyone else watch them

Last edited by trekie : 04-20-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Rear Admiral

I want to see 88 Seconds

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 04-20-2008, 11:59 PM

I want to see Forbidden Kingdom B-A-D! I've loved kung fu movies since my brother snuck me into "Enter The Dragon" when we were kids. Bruce Lee is still a hero of mine.
But to see two kung fu greats like Jackie Chan and Jet Li together whooping bad guys on the silver screen has to be a once in a lifetime experience. I HAVE GOT to find a way to see that movie!
Old 04-21-2008, 02:40 AM
Federation Councillor

Two Words, Speed Racer!

Also hoping Iron Man doesn't suck, or the new Hulk.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berengarius7 View Post
I want to see Forbidden Kingdom B-A-D! I've loved kung fu movies since my brother snuck me into "Enter The Dragon" when we were kids. Bruce Lee is still a hero of mine.
But to see two kung fu greats like Jackie Chan and Jet Li together whooping bad guys on the silver screen has to be a once in a lifetime experience. I HAVE GOT to find a way to see that movie!
the lovie was pretty good I hope the kid in the movie got some pointer from chan and Lee, cause it is a chance in a life time
Old 04-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Fleet Admiral

Well, I still have zero interest in seeing SPEED RACER. I was never into it as a kid (we didn't get the UHF channels which showed all those Japanese animation shows like SR and Kimba, etc.). Nothing I've seen in the trailers excites me to see it on its own merits, either. It looks like THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS for pre-teens.

I don't see good things coming from the new HULK either, but the character or story never grabbed me anyway. I still don't get Norton taking the role, but time will tell what he does in it.

On the other hand, I was never into IRON MAN comics as a kid, but I'm looking forward to seeing the film, if for nothing else than Downey Jr. and Jeff Bridges work in it. Could be interesting, I hope it's good.

I reviewed the DVD of CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR over the weekend. Enjoyed it overall and Philip Seymour Hoffman's work is worth the price of admission alone, but I think the timing of this story is a big disadvantage to the film.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:49 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
Well, I still have zero interest in seeing SPEED RACER. I was never into it as a kid (we didn't get the UHF channels which showed all those Japanese animation shows like SR and Kimba, etc.). Nothing I've seen in the trailers excites me to see it on its own merits, either. It looks like THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS for pre-teens.

I don't see good things coming from the new HULK either, but the character or story never grabbed me anyway. I still don't get Norton taking the role, but time will tell what he does in it.

On the other hand, I was never into IRON MAN comics as a kid, but I'm looking forward to seeing the film, if for nothing else than Downey Jr. and Jeff Bridges work in it. Could be interesting, I hope it's good.

I reviewed the DVD of CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR over the weekend. Enjoyed it overall and Philip Seymour Hoffman's work is worth the price of admission alone, but I think the timing of this story is a big disadvantage to the film.
Well having the "Matrix Brothers" directing Speed Racer, should be exciting, even for a non fan. I donlt see it as Fast And Furious, it has way better actors...lol..

I see this new Hulk kinda going back to what made the TV series work. I think it'll do better than the last one.

Iron Man, based on preveiws could go either way. It could be a Marvel triumph in the vein of Spiderman, or could be a joke, like Ghost Rider sadly was.

Charlie Wilson looks good, but like you, I am a Philip Seymour Hoffman fan. If your not into him, I don't think it will make you a convert.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Rear Admiral

88 seconds seems like it might be good.

Speed Racer looks like 100% green screen and like bright animation instead of live action. Which makes me wonder, why did they not just make a CGI Animation movie?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Well having the "Matrix Brothers" directing Speed Racer, should be exciting, even for a non fan. I donlt see it as Fast And Furious, it has way better actors...lol..
After the last two MATRIX films, the Brothers don't impress me automatically anymore. Though I did like their script work in V FOR VENDETTA.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
After the last two MATRIX films, the Brothers don't impress me automatically anymore. Though I did like their script work in V FOR VENDETTA.
I admit Matrix 3 wasn't as good as 1 and 2, doesn't mean they are washed up yet.

V for Vendetta was pretty good.