The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > The Questor Tapes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default The Questor Tapes

Anybody remember this pilot movie of GR's?


Questor later became used (a tiny bit diffrently) as Data.

Does anyone knwo where I can get a tape or DVD of this??
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-09-2008, 11:29 AM
FanWriter45's Avatar
FanWriter45 FanWriter45 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.
Posts: 3,051
Default

Oh, I have VHS tapes of all the failed Roddenberry pilots: Spectere, Genisis II, Planet Earth, Questor... Trouble is, they are all pretty low quality. You might try looing up the latest issue of Filmfax. There was a guy who advertised DVD copies of the shows for about $20 each. I can't vouch for the quality.

(You would think that Majel would package the pilots as a boxed set, along with some nice "extras" of some of the production art, behind the scenes, stuff, etc. I would be willing to bet it would be a BIG seller to Trek fans.)
__________________
Number Two: Conform, Number Six! Conform!

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
Oh, I have VHS tapes of all the failed Roddenberry pilots: Spectere, Genisis II, Planet Earth, Questor... Trouble is, they are all pretty low quality. You might try looing up the latest issue of Filmfax. There was a guy who advertised DVD copies of the shows for about $20 each. I can't vouch for the quality.

(You would think that Majel would package the pilots as a boxed set, along with some nice "extras" of some of the production art, behind the scenes, stuff, etc. I would be willing to bet it would be a BIG seller to Trek fans.)
I can make a DVD of a bad tape, and it'll be better than the tape with my program. Can I con...er...I mean persuade you to get me copies?

I would assume Majel has no rights to this. I know Universal owns Questor. the rest, unsure.

Do you also have "Brave New World?" It also featured Saxon as the same charater, in 1975.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-09-2008, 11:58 AM
That Metal Beastie's Avatar
That Metal Beastie That Metal Beastie is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Overhere
Posts: 2,527
Default

Oh yeah! The Questor Tapes was a great disappointment only because it didn't become a series.

Roddenberry also did a magic-themed movie/pilot the name of which I cannot recall that I liked very much. It starred Robert Culp.

I'd like to see all of these movies again as well.
__________________
'A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.'

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-09-2008, 01:40 PM
FanWriter45's Avatar
FanWriter45 FanWriter45 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.
Posts: 3,051
Default

That's "Spectre" TMB. There's a guy I know of who makes DVD copies of a lot of obscure television and sells them at cons. He was the guy I got a copy of Gerry Anderson's "Into Infinity" from. He's got a copy of that pilot as well. I intend to pick that and the Genisis II pilots from him the next time I see him.


Zardoz, I'll go through the stacks of tapes.
__________________
Number Two: Conform, Number Six! Conform!

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-09-2008, 02:59 PM
That Metal Beastie's Avatar
That Metal Beastie That Metal Beastie is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Overhere
Posts: 2,527
Default

FW45-

Thanks. Spectre it was indeed. I liked that one alot. If memory serves Majel Barrett had a role in it (no surprise) and Robert Culp's character had no heart. Literally! It had been stolen and he kept himself alive by magical means.
__________________
'A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.'

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-10-2008, 02:51 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
That's "Spectre" TMB. There's a guy I know of who makes DVD copies of a lot of obscure television and sells them at cons. He was the guy I got a copy of Gerry Anderson's "Into Infinity" from. He's got a copy of that pilot as well. I intend to pick that and the Genisis II pilots from him the next time I see him.


Zardoz, I'll go through the stacks of tapes.
I would be in your debt. I can do DVD easily, and tweak a bit, if needed.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-10-2008, 09:45 AM
FanWriter45's Avatar
FanWriter45 FanWriter45 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.
Posts: 3,051
Default

TMB, actually, Culp's soul had been lost. But, he got it back at the end of the pilot. It would have been a really interesting series, mostly because they were basically doing a CSI: Occult type show. At least with the pilot, the mythology behind demonology and witchcraft was pretty accurate.

Culp's character was based (like you couldn't tell) on Harlan Ellison. And yes, Majel had a small part as Culp's spell casting housekeeper. It also had a very young John Hurt (Alien) as the younger brother of the Scion household.
__________________
Number Two: Conform, Number Six! Conform!

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
TMB, actually, Culp's soul had been lost. But, he got it back at the end of the pilot. It would have been a really interesting series, mostly because they were basically doing a CSI: Occult type show. At least with the pilot, the mythology behind demonology and witchcraft was pretty accurate.

Culp's character was based (like you couldn't tell) on Harlan Ellison. And yes, Majel had a small part as Culp's spell casting housekeeper. It also had a very young John Hurt (Alien) as the younger brother of the Scion household.
Forgot SPECTRE was pretty decent for it's time.

Doesn't Majel have a part in Questor too, a small one? I think this was the same year she did a walk-on in the film Westworld too.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-11-2008, 09:30 AM
FanWriter45's Avatar
FanWriter45 FanWriter45 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.
Posts: 3,051
Default

Okay Zardoz, I found my copies of Genisis II, Planet Earth, Questor, and Spectre. I'll ask a friend of mine to copy them over to DVD for me, and I'll cut you copies. It may take a few weeks, but I CAN get you copies if you really want them. (I won't vouch for the quality though.) All I ask is you pay me back for the shipping.
__________________
Number Two: Conform, Number Six! Conform!

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.