The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > The Questor Tapes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Federation Councillor

Default The Questor Tapes

Anybody remember this pilot movie of GR's?

Questor later became used (a tiny bit diffrently) as Data.

Does anyone knwo where I can get a tape or DVD of this??
Old 04-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

Oh, I have VHS tapes of all the failed Roddenberry pilots: Spectere, Genisis II, Planet Earth, Questor... Trouble is, they are all pretty low quality. You might try looing up the latest issue of Filmfax. There was a guy who advertised DVD copies of the shows for about $20 each. I can't vouch for the quality.

(You would think that Majel would package the pilots as a boxed set, along with some nice "extras" of some of the production art, behind the scenes, stuff, etc. I would be willing to bet it would be a BIG seller to Trek fans.)

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
Oh, I have VHS tapes of all the failed Roddenberry pilots: Spectere, Genisis II, Planet Earth, Questor... Trouble is, they are all pretty low quality. You might try looing up the latest issue of Filmfax. There was a guy who advertised DVD copies of the shows for about $20 each. I can't vouch for the quality.

(You would think that Majel would package the pilots as a boxed set, along with some nice "extras" of some of the production art, behind the scenes, stuff, etc. I would be willing to bet it would be a BIG seller to Trek fans.)
I can make a DVD of a bad tape, and it'll be better than the tape with my program. Can I con...er...I mean persuade you to get me copies?

I would assume Majel has no rights to this. I know Universal owns Questor. the rest, unsure.

Do you also have "Brave New World?" It also featured Saxon as the same charater, in 1975.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Rear Admiral

Oh yeah! The Questor Tapes was a great disappointment only because it didn't become a series.

Roddenberry also did a magic-themed movie/pilot the name of which I cannot recall that I liked very much. It starred Robert Culp.

I'd like to see all of these movies again as well.

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 04-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

That's "Spectre" TMB. There's a guy I know of who makes DVD copies of a lot of obscure television and sells them at cons. He was the guy I got a copy of Gerry Anderson's "Into Infinity" from. He's got a copy of that pilot as well. I intend to pick that and the Genisis II pilots from him the next time I see him.

Zardoz, I'll go through the stacks of tapes.

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Rear Admiral

FW45-

Thanks. Spectre it was indeed. I liked that one alot. If memory serves Majel Barrett had a role in it (no surprise) and Robert Culp's character had no heart. Literally! It had been stolen and he kept himself alive by magical means.

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 04-10-2008, 02:51 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
That's "Spectre" TMB. There's a guy I know of who makes DVD copies of a lot of obscure television and sells them at cons. He was the guy I got a copy of Gerry Anderson's "Into Infinity" from. He's got a copy of that pilot as well. I intend to pick that and the Genisis II pilots from him the next time I see him.

Zardoz, I'll go through the stacks of tapes.
I would be in your debt. I can do DVD easily, and tweak a bit, if needed.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Vice Admiral

TMB, actually, Culp's soul had been lost. But, he got it back at the end of the pilot. It would have been a really interesting series, mostly because they were basically doing a CSI: Occult type show. At least with the pilot, the mythology behind demonology and witchcraft was pretty accurate.

Culp's character was based (like you couldn't tell) on Harlan Ellison. And yes, Majel had a small part as Culp's spell casting housekeeper. It also had a very young John Hurt (Alien) as the younger brother of the Scion household.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
TMB, actually, Culp's soul had been lost. But, he got it back at the end of the pilot. It would have been a really interesting series, mostly because they were basically doing a CSI: Occult type show. At least with the pilot, the mythology behind demonology and witchcraft was pretty accurate.

Culp's character was based (like you couldn't tell) on Harlan Ellison. And yes, Majel had a small part as Culp's spell casting housekeeper. It also had a very young John Hurt (Alien) as the younger brother of the Scion household.
Forgot SPECTRE was pretty decent for it's time.

Doesn't Majel have a part in Questor too, a small one? I think this was the same year she did a walk-on in the film Westworld too.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Vice Admiral

Okay Zardoz, I found my copies of Genisis II, Planet Earth, Questor, and Spectre. I'll ask a friend of mine to copy them over to DVD for me, and I'll cut you copies. It may take a few weeks, but I CAN get you copies if you really want them. (I won't vouch for the quality though.) All I ask is you pay me back for the shipping.