The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > I have a theory how this could work.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2008, 12:10 PM
Ensign

Default I have a theory how this could work.

1. It's made extreamly clear that these alternates are not the characters from TOS and the TOS-movies and that only Nimoy's Spock is genuine.

2.Re-intergrate the alternate TOS crew into the real 24th century. Like the Defiant in "In a Mirror, Darkly" Crossing Dimensions as well as Time. It could happen at the end of the movie with Nero doing some suicidal attack and the entire alternate universe will be destroyed in an awesome sfx extravaganza Real spock will save the Alternate Enterprise by bringing them from thier dimension into our own

This will preserve canon, enable the new cast freedom to reinterprete characters as they grow into the roles. They won't be overwritting star trek history, There is a vast geo-political 24th century landscape they could interact with so opens posibilities of interactions with Q,the borg, Cardasians, Bajorans, Dominion, Wormhole Aliens, Ferengi, Species 8472
Old 01-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiarcYekrub View Post
1. It's made extreamly clear that these alternates are not the characters from TOS and the TOS-movies and that only Nimoy's Spock is genuine.

2.Re-intergrate the alternate TOS crew into the real 24th century. Like the Defiant in "In a Mirror, Darkly" Crossing Dimensions as well as Time. It could happen at the end of the movie with Nero doing some suicidal attack and the entire alternate universe will be destroyed in an awesome sfx extravaganza Real spock will save the Alternate Enterprise by bringing them from thier dimension into our own

This will preserve canon, enable the new cast freedom to reinterprete characters as they grow into the roles. They won't be overwritting star trek history, There is a vast geo-political 24th century landscape they could interact with so opens posibilities of interactions with Q,the borg, Cardasians, Bajorans, Dominion, Wormhole Aliens, Ferengi, Species 8472
Interesting, iam not really sure how they are going to pull it off though iam not all that turned off as ive seen and read everything that is going on with this so called reboot and while you have the hardcore trekkies and i too wanted to see it go forward i hope that Abrams knows what he is doing in part that if he doesn't get it right this film could be in real trouble and i certainly miss Trek in theater and in TV. All i wish is that Trek is in better hands and that Abrams take great care in something that so many all over this planet so love!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:47 PM
Lieutenant

It would be funny if it starts off with the older spock and he'll have a dream in the beginning of the movie (if vulcans dream :S) and then wake up at the end... then any that was changed, they could just argue that "it was just a dream" lol

Unlikely, but funny. :P
Old 01-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaleck View Post
It would be funny if it starts off with the older spock and he'll have a dream in the beginning of the movie (if vulcans dream :S) and then wake up at the end... then any that was changed, they could just argue that "it was just a dream" lol

Unlikely, but funny. :P
Please don't joke about that, they did that on ENT when Hoshi had a dream that the same thing that happens to Geordie and Ro in the 24th century happened to her (The transporter walk through walls thing) was actually a really good episode upto the the point it was all a dream... my dad who'd already seen the episode made a tatical retreat at the last advert break to avoid the profanity riddle abuse directed at the TV when that was revealed... wise move.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Leave them in the 23rd century. There are already too many 23rd century people running around the 24th century as it is. Scotty and Spock are plenty.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBElliott View Post
Leave them in the 23rd century. There are already too many 23rd century people running around the 24th century as it is. Scotty and Spock are plenty.
Yeah but these will be alternate 23rd century people which could be more futuristic than our own 24th century so thier A23rdC ship may have technology vital if the Federation were under attack in the 24th century
Old 01-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiarcYekrub View Post
Yeah but these will be alternate 23rd century people which could be more futuristic than our own 24th century so thier A23rdC ship may have technology vital if the Federation were under attack in the 24th century
It is a possibility, A hard to pull off posibility. It could work though.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Ensign

Kids, don't do drugs. Stay in school.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:31 PM
Midshipman

I very much doubt the new cast will be transplanted to the 24th century.

There's no need. Abrams's vision of the 23rd century, updated though it is, is still the same 23rd century of TOS.

I don't see why that's such a big problem.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kirk View Post
I very much doubt the new cast will be transplanted to the 24th century.

There's no need. Abrams's vision of the 23rd century, updated though it is, is still the same 23rd century of TOS.

I don't see why that's such a big problem.
Agreed!