The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Voyager > Was the joke on poor Harry Kim in the Endgame Episode
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Lieutenant

hmm,in seven years he went from being a fresh baby faced ensign to a grey haired starship captain.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:54 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Have to be a REALLY big bush!
Let's see, Defiant has the maneuveraility of a Bird of Prey and the firepower of a Galaxy Class Starship. Add the ablative armor that can take the pouding of a Vorcha class cruiser, or Excelsior class startship, and I'll take the Defiant any day.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:55 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pointy ears View Post
hmm,in seven years he went from being a fresh baby faced ensign to a grey haired starship captain.
Well the Gray haired captain was actually about 30 or so years in the future.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:06 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekgeekscott View Post
Let's see, Defiant has the maneuveraility of a Bird of Prey and the firepower of a Galaxy Class Starship. Add the ablative armor that can take the pouding of a Vorcha class cruiser, or Excelsior class startship, and I'll take the Defiant any day.

Also has power distribution probelms, no real sickbay, micro shuttles, oh yes, got destroyed!!

The current Defiant is a renamed Sal Palo (Sp).
Old 04-02-2008, 06:20 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Um all the federation ships (as a matter of fact only one Klingon ship survived that battle) at Chin'Toka were destroyed in that battle due to energy dampening Breen weapons, that were totally ineffective after that battle. The Defiant class ship is what I would take into battle any day of the week. The ship was designed for combat against the Borg. The Enterprise was destroyed by a Klingon bird of Prey. Hello?
Old 04-02-2008, 06:26 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Um all the federation ships (as a matter of fact only one Klingon ship survived that battle) at Chin'Toka were destroyed in that battle due to energy dampening Breen weapons, that were totally ineffective after that battle. The Defiant class ship is what I would take into battle any day of the week. The ship was designed for combat against the Borg. The Enterprise was destroyed by a Klingon bird of Prey. Hello?
LOL

Well the Ent-D was destroyed after the Klingon sister knew how to get past the sheilding, that would have worked on any ship.

I seem to rember the armor was allways starting to fail, or failing in almost every DS9 battle. Well if it worked right, no drama eh? LOL!

I do like the Defiant Class, DS9 really needed a ship. But it got used, like the transporter in TOS to "save the day" too much.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

The Defiant lowered its sheilds in a battle with the Klingons to beam the Cardassian Detapa council members aboard, A Vorcha class cruiser was pounding on them the whole time and the armor held.

Now, for all around purpose, including exploration, courrier missions, diplomatic missions, science missions, and combat, the Galaxy class is the best. For a ship designed specifically for combat...the Defiant is my choice all the time.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
The Defiant lowered its sheilds in a battle with the Klingons to beam the Cardassian Detapa council members aboard, A Vorcha class cruiser was pounding on them the whole time and the armor held.

Now, for all around purpose, including exploration, courrier missions, diplomatic missions, science missions, and combat, the Galaxy class is the best. For a ship designed specifically for combat...the Defiant is my choice all the time.
Looks like we agree!
Old 04-02-2008, 07:18 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Sure. The Galaxy class was designed to be multipurpose. The Defiant was designed for only one purpose...to kick butt. And kick butt it does. I have always thought that every starbase should have a Defiant Class vessel at the station commander's disposal.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Sure. The Galaxy class was designed to be multipurpose. The Defiant was designed for only one purpose...to kick butt. And kick butt it does. I have always thought that every starbase should have a Defiant Class vessel at the station commander's disposal.

They might, considering how DS9 made it a viable ship class, after scrapping it initally.