The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Eaglemoss Collection's Trek Ship Set Launches Tomorrow
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Admiral

Default Eaglemoss Collection's Trek Ship Set Launches Tomorrow

Eaglemoss begins releasing its set of 65-plus high-quality, die-cast model Star Trek ships.

http://www.startrek.com/article/eagl...nches-tomorrow

How to order: http://www.startrek-starships.com/usa/index.asp

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:21 PM
Fleet Admiral

Me want the K't'inga!!!!!! (And the Vor'Cha!)

Too bad the refit Enterprise looks so plain jane. The Miranda class looks like it actually has the pseudo-Aztec styled paint scheme. (ah...just now saw the caveat for that little blurb)

Last edited by martok2112 : 10-13-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Fleet Admiral

Pretty neat. I'm not really a collector of Trek things, but I like those little ships. Maybe an Enterprise refit and a Bird of Prey could one day find their way into my home.

I have also considered those two ships in Christmas ornament form.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Fleet Admiral

I went to the comic shop today and put in pre-paid orders for Enterprise D, Enterprise refit, USS Reliant, K't'inga (NATURALLY), USS Defiant, Romulan Warbird, and USS Excelsior.

Also, today I bought a K't'inga miniature for the board game "Star Trek Attack Wing", and a Lambda class Star Wars shuttle for the Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures board game. The Lambda class is very well detailed, and will serve as the texturing basis for when I get down to building that model. The K't'inga has some nice hull greebling on the upper and lower wing sections, but it also has hilarious goof....the command section (the dome and the conning tower at the forward crown of the ship) was rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

I also plan on getting, upon its release, the Tantive IV miniature for Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures. This sucker is going to be heavily detailed, and will also serve as the texture basis for when I redo the Tantive IV model I did a couple years ago. It's also going to be big. Not as big as it should be, but it will definitely be big. All the fighter miniatures, up to the Millennium Falcon, are to scale with each other (1/270). But the Tantive IV would be too large if they stuck with that scale, so they had to resize it. It's still big enough so that it is recognized as a capital ship on the board, but not so big that it is impractical. (The Tantive IV is 150 meters long, in Star Wars lore).