The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > A Mission of Honor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 03:22 AM
Fleet Admiral

Default A Mission of Honor

Here is my new video, featuring the latest build of my K't'inga class Klingon battlecruiser.
I even did the music (such as it is) for this mini-movie.

So, I hope you enjoy "Star Trek: A Mission of Honor".
(Special thanks to Bing's search engine translator function for allowing me to create Klingon dialogue).

http://youtu.be/fCF2UnVBfSM

Old 10-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Fleet Admiral

45 views, and nothing to say eh?

Ok.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Federation Councillor

Sorry..............some of us have a time difference and a day's work to get done with first. That's all.

I liked it though, how many parts do you have planned?

courtesy of Saquist
Old 10-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Fleet Admiral

Aye, I forget about that sometimes. (time warps and all)

Well, this was going to be a one shot....however, I did have a slight prequel in mind that would've turned the tactical officer's (Lieutenant Jahng's) analysis on its ear. If I can pull it off, it'll be....interesting...to say the least.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Excellent!

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 10-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Fleet Admiral

With all the reading, I cannot appreciate the ships enough XD
Textures are optimal now. Sometimes however, reflections are too strong, you can see shiny stars on the hull. The music is impressive and very fitting. Reminds me of Klingon Honor Guard! One minor thing, it's Qapla', not Q'apla

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 10-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
With all the reading, I cannot appreciate the ships enough XD
Textures are optimal now. Sometimes however, reflections are too strong, you can see shiny stars on the hull. The music is impressive and very fitting. Reminds me of Klingon Honor Guard! One minor thing, it's Qapla', not Q'apla
Thanks everybody. More is on the way...and I am doing yet another rebuild, having spotted the things that NCC pointed out.

Ah...NCC, one thing about those stars on the hull....actually, that's an accidental transparency. See, I have the normals accidentally faced the wrong way....let's put it like this... if you were to look at your hand, edgewise...what you would want to see, as far as normals go, are lines that are projecting outward from your hand...essentially, (if you enlarge the normals to get a better view of what the normal lines would look like) you would have a "chia pet" on your hand. If the normal lines were facing inward, you'd be able to see right through your hand. So, that's what's happening with my ship...normals were misaligned. (I've just now learned how to adjust them in Blender, so now I'm doing YET another rebuild...and this time, the Ktinga ought to be looking fairly solid. )

As for Q'apla, well...I was pretty sure that's how I read it in the Klingon Dictionary by Marc Okrand. But again, my memory could be failing....so t'oma'to...tom'a't'o!

Old 10-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Okay, it's added to my YouTube channel, for what it"s worth. I guess I should do an MSD of this class--if I can find out where the latrine is located. Of course, now we're expecting you to spend mass quantities making fan flicks.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:58 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCARS 24 View Post
Okay, it's added to my YouTube channel, for what it"s worth. I guess I should do an MSD of this class--if I can find out where the latrine is located. Of course, now we're expecting you to spend mass quantities making fan flicks.
Thanks for adding it to your channel.

If I do my next animation the way I am thinking about it....it's gonna be interesting to find out just what happened to renegade Klingon crew.

As of this post, I am just about to put the finishing touches on YET ANOTHER rebuild....this time, hopefully correcting for those normals that were facing the wrong way, and allowing the see-through effect. (An in-story explanation might be that the chief engineer has been *****ing about the faulty cloak generator. ) I am also redoing the crown section so that I can add more textures. Redoing part of the conning tower also.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Lieutenant Commander

If you want to do voices instead of typing in dialog, one convenient tool would be free software called Audacity. You input what you like, lower or raise the pitch to sound like a different person, trim, even cut & paste, and save as wave then easily convert to mp3 with a different free program called Wav2MP3 Wizard. You can even input Klingon dialog slowly and speed it up without changing the pitch, as well as mixing music and sound effects on separate tracks, all of which can be adjusted more easily than with a studio mixing board. You could perhaps get others to do voices and send their results by e-mail or Dropbox for you to mix into your final production, maybe even work via Skype. There are lots of Audacity tutorials on YouTube. You can also record various Trek sound effects from YouTube and place them wherever you like on an Audacity sound track and give them your desired relative volume.

Qapla'

Last edited by LCARS 24 : 10-08-2013 at 06:48 AM.