The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Voyager > Captain Kathryn Janeway...why she is probably my favorite StarFleet Captain
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 06:06 AM
Fleet Admiral

I think the point of Tuvix was that Tuvox and Neelix have merged into him and dissolved, i.e. Tuvix does not feel torn between two sides (like the small devil and angel whispering in your ear kind of thing you suggested).
If Tuvix had decided his fate he would have done what he wanted in the episode and what all of us would have done, decided to continue to live.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:37 AM
Lieutenant Commander

What I was suggesting about Tuvok and Neelix appearing to Tuvix and advising him in the next episode or two before the transporter incident that split him back into those two was regarding whatever trouble Voyager managed to get into in those episodes, where the fates of the crew and several warring species just introduced lay in Tuvix's hands, while at the same time Kes had found a new boyfriend, her abilities were staring to get weird, and some Tuvok-specific crisis came up.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:59 AM
Fleet Admiral

I finally got to see Equinox I and II....and I can understand why Janeway did what she did. She was pretty much damn near pushed over the edge, and it took some doing to bring her back from it.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
I finally got to see Equinox I and II....and I can understand why Janeway did what she did. She was pretty much damn near pushed over the edge, and it took some doing to bring her back from it.
That was a great pair of episodes, I feel that Janeway acted quite within character personally, I know some people disagree with me there. I wish that Max had been toned down a bit, he came across a bit too evil in the end which I think ruined the nice torn-loyalties/morality play of the show as it turned him simply into a 1-dimensional baddie.

I also wish they'd followed up on some of the new crewman in later shows, what a waste of potential stories, especially compared to some of the crap that we got!