The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Several hackers from Anonymous arrested....makes me smile :)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Federation Councillor

True, but then while I can totally agree that at times they go too far and they do certainly cross a line I would also be asking the question (as just one small example) of why certain companies were blocking payments to Wikileaks at the time.

The website was not (as far as I ever knew) on any kind of terrorist organisation list, therefore who decided that companies may judge and interfere with people donating personal money to a legitimate group?

Now that's all old news, and it's not to restart that particular aspect, but as an instance - I usually find questions can be asked on both sides and OF both sides on some matters.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 03-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Fleet Admiral

Family fathers playing cyberterrorist in the evening, that is definitely a bit like Fight Club and I think the lesson from this movie is that neither an effeminated (which is in itself an effeminated statement as there are few ladies hanging around here so I don't have to fear any female wrath), cushioned IKEA-style life nor transgressive acts of violence are the right path. Being an consumer or a terrorist is easy, long tedious democratic work full of failures and compromises respectively nonviolent King or Gandhi style political activity is hard.