The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > JJ: "He's in"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
I guess a lot of us Trek fans would be outraged if there were a Pavelina Chekov or a Jeanne Picard in the second incarnation of a Trek show. I'd say, depending on which part of my body I were thinking with, "Boobs? Bring 'em on!" respectively "More women goes hand in hand wth Trek's progressive spirit.".
After having watch the nu-BSG versions of characters, I could take those things you mention in your quote in stride. In other words I could get over/around the fact that changes like that are made. Though you might have to find a male Nurse Chapel or Yeoman Rand, among others to the "balance".

BTW...Were there ever any "red-shirted" female characters on away teams in any version of ST?

just thinking out loud...
Old 10-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Fleet Admiral

Yeah that doesn't pose a problem for meneither

Old 10-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

The mods deleted too many of the hilarious old threads (like the original "Theory of Shatner in the New Trek" thread). So lame.

They also deleted this hysterical thread where I got into this huge argument with a fellow over whether or not Nero is "future guy" (this was before the new Trek movie was released). I was arguing that future guy is Nero, on the basis that Nero is a "proven time meddler," and other really inane arguments filled with frustrating non sequiturs. He finally just totally lost it, and the mods had to ban him. Fortunately, I have some of the PMs he sent me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by First PM
Please stop suggesting it is nero, because it can not be for the reason which I have posted numerous times. I'm trying to come up with a cannon development of the Temporal Cold War that all fans can use.

Please,please just stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second PM
IT'S NOT SPECULATION YOU ARSHOLIC B******D IT'S THE SCRIPT! YOU HAVE NO AIR TIGHT THEORY YOU MORONIC ARSEHOLE! YOUR FIGHTING AGAINST CANNON!

THESE A QOUTES FROM THE SCRIPT ARSEHOLE! NERO DIES IN THE 23RD CENTURY, AND COMES FROM THE 24TH CENTURY, IT'S THE PLOT OF THE F******G FILM!

Daniels is not spectualting you arsehole, he KNOWS! That blue thing around Future Guy is part of the projection matrix!

Read, double check and F***ing weep you idoit:

From Shockwave Part 2: http://www.chakoteya.net/Enterprise/28.htm

DANIELS: May I? The people the Suliban were working for came from about three hundred years ago. They couldn't travel through time, but they did develop a way to send back images of themselves, to communicate through time.

From Future Tense In Season 1: http://www.chakoteya.net/Enterprise/11.htm

ARCHER: And the people giving Silik orders?
DANIELS: They're from an earlier century. From about here. They can't manifest themselves physically in the past. They can only partially materialise to deliver information.

YOUR THE ONE THAT HAS NOT EVEN TRIED TO PROVE YOUR THEORY ARSEHOLE! Your the one that has come up with a nonsense theory based on a joke made in a post. Your theory is crap, theier is no evidence to support it! NONE AT ALL!

1. Nero is dead in the 23rd century.
2. Nero can PHYSICALLY timetravel Future Guy CANNOT.
3. Nero is from the 24th century, Future Guy is from the 29th century.
4. Nero is not a time meddler, his opnly want it to destroy Vulcan before the re-unification movement starts. NOTHING ELSE.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Some more (arguably) funny threads:

http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4644
http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3888
Old 10-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Fleet Admiral

No one sets out to do a bad movie, but, it was general consensus among much of the cast, and producers that Shatner "rammed" his idea for Trek V down Paramount's throat...and many of the character moments in the film were ones that Doohan, Takei, and a few others voiced against.

Doohan I heard himself say that he despised Shatner for making him bump his head into the bulkhead in engineering, a place that Scotty would indeed know like the back of his hand. And Takei and Koenig were apparently none to fond of getting lost on their own planet, when they can navigate endless space, and plot complex warp jumps.

When the movie first came out, I enjoyed it, but then, the flaws really started to make themselves more apparent, and it fell to the bottom of my Trek list.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
The mods deleted too many of the hilarious old threads (like the original "Theory of Shatner in the New Trek" thread). So lame.

They also deleted this hysterical thread where I got into this huge argument with a fellow over whether or not Nero is "future guy" (this was before the new Trek movie was released). I was arguing that future guy is Nero, on the basis that Nero is a "proven time meddler," and other really inane arguments filled with frustrating non sequiturs. He finally just totally lost it, and the mods had to ban him. Fortunately, I have some of the PMs he sent me:
I can just about guarantee that this one never, ever followed Shat's instructions to kiss a girl.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Yeah that doesn't pose a problem for meneither

nu-Scottie.......yes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jewel-staite_a.jpg (32.8 KB, 49 views)
Old 10-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post

For the record.......I'm NOT that "Future Guy" lol
Old 10-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
No one sets out to do a bad movie, but, it was general consensus among much of the cast, and producers that Shatner "rammed" his idea for Trek V down Paramount's throat...and many of the character moments in the film were ones that Doohan, Takei, and a few others voiced against.

Doohan I heard himself say that he despised Shatner for making him bump his head into the bulkhead in engineering, a place that Scotty would indeed know like the back of his hand. And Takei and Koenig were apparently none to fond of getting lost on their own planet, when they can navigate endless space, and plot complex warp jumps.

When the movie first came out, I enjoyed it, but then, the flaws really started to make themselves more apparent, and it fell to the bottom of my Trek list.
My spin on this movie is that, in real life, there are some days that are just going to go plain doofus no matter how smart or informed one is. It's almost like the moon is out of phase and EVERYONE is doomed to become caught up in events that cause problems for everybody. Sort of like a "Forrest Gumpish, Butterfly-Effect" only a high incidence effect over a much shorter time-span of days or weeks before things get back to "normal".
Old 10-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureguy View Post

nu-Scottie.......yes!
No....
Heather Graham...YESH!!!!

"Why Ms. Graham would you like a little dark chocolate spread on your lovely creamy cracker?"

Last edited by Saquist : 10-07-2011 at 11:46 PM.