The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Gay Trek: Coming Soon...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Federation Councillor

Down boy..........................there was nothing to get even remotely excited about. A fat Riker makin' it just doesn't make the juices flow................unless, for some, it does?

Of course, I believe there is much more sexually explicit and inventive fanfic out there involving combinations of various characters.

Some of the same sex.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 09-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
Was there anything shown in Nemesis?!
There was no nudity but that is the only time I can remember in Star Trek that two characters had intercourse on screen. Every other time it was only implied. For some reason Saquist has implied that if this new Star Trek series has a gay main character that there would be more intercourse in the series, I'm curious why he believes this.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Fleet Admiral

They didn't mate...

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 09-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
There was no nudity but that is the only time I can remember in Star Trek that two characters had intercourse on screen. Every other time it was only implied. For some reason Saquist has implied that if this new Star Trek series has a gay main character that there would be more intercourse in the series, I'm curious why he believes this.
We have no idea what a new Trek series might be like. It wouldn't necessarily follow the same ethic as Trek series in the Berman/TNG era, where sex was only implied, not shown.

A movie has much more liberty to be sexually explicit, but we rarely got any sex scenes in Trek movies. Even in Abrams' Trek the most we got was a bedroom scene between Orion Starfleet girl and Kirk 2.0. Abrams' quote implies he would not be keen on a heavy on-screen romance between two gay characters. It seems the only romance fans are interested in seeing in Trek XII, would be a continuation of the Spock/Uhura thing.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by chator View Post
It almost happened. Veteran Trek writer David Gerron (The Trouble with Tribbles) wrote an episode for TNG titled "Blood and Fire", which was an AIDS allegory and involved two openly gay human crew members, but it was shelved by Paramount producers. Later it was made into a New Voyages episode, after it was reworked into an TOS episode. TNG had a chance to make history, but it blew it.
I consider a story like The Outcast far superior to Blood and Fire. The former addressed the issue of sexual identity whereas the latter was a pretty bad AIDS story mixed with too much making out. The former broadly includes all LGBT folks who suffer whereas the latter is merely about gay folks.
This difference between identity politics and an all-incorporating emancipatory struggle is important. Trek should never ever be about the former.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Fleet Admiral

I honestly don't care much one way or the other. As long as they are well written, interesting characters. That's what I want out of a series.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Federation Councillor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexuality_in_Star_Trek

This has some interesting behind the scenes claims and counter claims about the broad depiction of sexuality in Trek over the years.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 09-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
So what makes you think that just because there would be a gay main character on this possible new Star Trek series that all of a sudden there are going to be more "love scenes?"
Like I said. Trek went there with the straight, it's easy to foresee a homosexual counterpart because the gay agenda wants it. This is equality for them and seeing how hard it's being pushed in Trek Fandom for the Gay Captain it's likely to happen.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Down boy..........................there was nothing to get even remotely excited about. A fat Riker makin' it just doesn't make the juices flow................unless, for some, it does?

Of course, I believe there is much more sexually explicit and inventive fanfic out there involving combinations of various characters.

Some of the same sex.

Star Trek Odyssey went just as close to...
It's really sick though to see the more family end of Trek turning into this. That's why Enterprises shanagins were just as salacious.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:52 AM
Fleet Admiral

Well, for homophobes scumbags homosexuality is sick whereas for decent people homophobia is sick. As sick implies that you are somehow not responsible for your bigotry I consider "wicked" to be a more precise word.

Only people who are totally oblivious of the existence of TOS could claim that another Trek show is "salacious".