The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Stxi Wtf?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 08-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Captain Tom Coughlin's Avatar
Captain Tom Coughlin Captain Tom Coughlin is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USS Meadowlands
Posts: 10,990
Default

It's fun to try them all
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Futureguy Futureguy is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
Yes, there has been an explosion in the microbeer scene over the past decade. There are a ton of them, and it seems like new ones are popping up all the time.

Indian Pale Ales seem to be the trend, a lot of different independent breweries are making that style. But there has been an upsurge in all styles.
Seems to be an active and respectable business. There have been plans for one in my area for some time, but the local government officials seem to be satisfied with their status quo.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-13-2011, 02:54 PM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,078
Default

Makes you hope they never invent a real synthehol really, doesn't it?
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Captain Tom Coughlin's Avatar
Captain Tom Coughlin Captain Tom Coughlin is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USS Meadowlands
Posts: 10,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Makes you hope they never invent a real synthehol really, doesn't it?

I'm not going to lie, I always hated the whole synthehol thing.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Futureguy Futureguy is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
Yes, there has been an explosion in the microbeer scene over the past decade. There are a ton of them, and it seems like new ones are popping up all the time.

Indian Pale Ales seem to be the trend, a lot of different independent breweries are making that style. But there has been an upsurge in all styles.
Several locals in my area have been promoting that idea for decades, but the local officials seem to be satisfied with the status quo and don't want any new-fangled ideas ruining their political status and have not permitted it even though the area is "wet".
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Captain Tom Coughlin's Avatar
Captain Tom Coughlin Captain Tom Coughlin is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USS Meadowlands
Posts: 10,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureguy View Post
Several locals in my area have been promoting that idea for decades, but the local officials seem to be satisfied with the status quo and don't want any new-fangled ideas ruining their political status and have not permitted it even though the area is "wet".
What, like at the city level?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-13-2011, 02:58 PM
omegaman's Avatar
omegaman omegaman is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Penrith NSW Australia
Posts: 4,613
Default

James Boag is a Tasmanian beer. Not sure if they export to the States. But if you find give it a go.
__________________
TREK IS TREK. WHATEVER THE TIMELINE!

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-13-2011, 02:59 PM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
I'm not going to lie, I always hated the whole synthehol thing.
I thought it had an undercurrent of societal engineering to it in some ways. Like a subtextual way of taking away individual choice.

But then real alchohol obviously wasn't illegal so perhaps not.
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Captain Tom Coughlin's Avatar
Captain Tom Coughlin Captain Tom Coughlin is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USS Meadowlands
Posts: 10,990
Default

There is a beer store not far from where I live that specializes in hard to find microbrews and imports. I can probably find it there, they have a huge selection. And what they don't carry, they can often order.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-13-2011, 03:01 PM
omegaman's Avatar
omegaman omegaman is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Penrith NSW Australia
Posts: 4,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
There is a beer store not far from where I live that specializes in hard to find microbrews and imports. I can probably find it there, they have a huge selection. And what they don't carry, they can often order.
__________________
TREK IS TREK. WHATEVER THE TIMELINE!

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:02 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.