The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Netflix Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2011, 06:02 AM
Vice Admiral

Default Netflix Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet, but Netflix is now streaming every single episode of TOS-R, TNG, VOY, and ENT! The TOS-R episodes are absolutely stunning! The picture quality is amazing. TNG and ENT, however, are quite a bit less than stellar. But still quite watchable. I haven't actually watched any VOY yet, and DS9 should be available soon. I can watch any TOS episode I want on either my computer or iPod any time I want to. It's great!!! Beats the heck out of fumbling through DVD's and skipping to the episode I want to watch.

Netflix also has several other TV series streaming. They have Farscape, Firefly, Earth 2, MST3K, and many others. It's the coolest thing since sliced bread!!!! I love it!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Commander

I posted it Zim. My thread "Star Trek on Netflix". Yes, it is awesome, but I have been disappointed on the streaming quality of VOYAGER episodes I've seen, making me rethink getting rid of my Dvds. Also, bear in mind, they can pull any show they post for streaming. They pulled Lois and Clark at the start of the month, to my disappointment. But yes, getting a Netflix subscription to their streaming service will save me quite of bit of money that might have been spent buying Dvds of my favorite shows.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by chator View Post
I posted it Zim. My thread "Star Trek on Netflix". Yes, it is awesome, but I have been disappointed on the streaming quality of VOYAGER episodes I've seen, making me rethink getting rid of my Dvds. Also, bear in mind, they can pull any show they post for streaming. They pulled Lois and Clark at the start of the month, to my disappointment. But yes, getting a Netflix subscription to their streaming service will save me quite of bit of money that might have been spent buying Dvds of my favorite shows.
Ah. Sorry about that. I didn't see it. And that sucks about Lois & Clark I just started watching it again last month when I signed up for Netflix. That used to be one of my favorite shows. They just put Farscape on a couple of weeks ago as far as I know. I just hope they eventually start streaming the Star Trek movies. So far the only one they have available is jj-trek.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
Ah. Sorry about that. I didn't see it. And that sucks about Lois & Clark I just started watching it again last month when I signed up for Netflix. That used to be one of my favorite shows. They just put Farscape on a couple of weeks ago as far as I know. I just hope they eventually start streaming the Star Trek movies. So far the only one they have available is jj-trek.
I sympathize. As you know, I am no fan of JTrek. I just caught TSFS (The Search For Spock-Trek III) two nights ago on Syfy. That movie reminded me quite a bit of the original Star Wars, making me rethink my criticism of Star Trek (2009) as too star warzy, while over looking that Trek was long imitating Star Wars before Abrams took over. Lois and Clark had the best Lois Lane (Teri Hatcher) and the best Perry White (Lane Smith), I still prefer the Jimmy Olsen from the Donner movies, and of course, no one can top Christopher Reeves' Superman, or Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor.