The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Osama Bin Laden Dead
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I was reading a little bit about that. Is that event some sort of 'Comedy Roast' equivalent?

Either way, it's hard to make out the Trumpster's face but he does strike me as the sort that can dish it out and can't take it back.
I liked trump before he put Joan Collins up on celebrity apprentice and made it clear she was going to win from day one. Then this birth issue got out and now he just comes off as a joke like the man said.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
Whether the footage after 9/11 was faked or not it was still disturbing to see yesterday's footage from outside the White House and in NYC but unfortunately like you said it was probably inevitable.
Think so too.

Osama is gone that is a good thing. But no death should ever be celebrated. Not even the death of an enemy. Every violent death, caused by stupid things like hatred and war is one too much. And whoever really believes in American values also believes that even people like Bin Laden diserve a fair trial instead of an assassination.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Commander

It's hard for me not to think of Robert Mitchum's lines from the Enemy Below. “We’ve learned a hard truth . . . that there’s no end to misery and destruction. You cut the head off the snake and it grows another one. You cut that one off and you find another. You can’t kill it because it’s something within our selves. You can call it the enemy if you want to, but it’s part of us—we’re all men.”

That being said, however, I prefer that his passing go uncelebrated, unnoticed, and unmourned. Let him be little more than a footnote in history and let this be a day that the dead rested easy and the world moved on to bigger and better things.

"Don't confuse facts with reality."
-Robert D. Ballard
Old 05-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Depends if you mean real footage of them 'celebrating' after 9/11 or the stuff that FOX faked up to look like they were 'celebrating' at the time.
LMAO. If FOX faked the footage then so did CNN and several other news agencies and if it is faked why did the Palestinian National Authority claim "such celebrations were not representative of the sentiments of the Palestinian people as a whole?" I've still got a vcr tape with six hours of news from various channels of the first couple days that shows them celebrating. There are closeups of some of them shouting in plain, understandable english. Associated Press cameramen were later told their safety couldn't be guaranteed if they continued to film such celebrations. I'm not condoning any of it but let's get our facts straight and ditch the liberal FOX news conspiracies.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Federation Councillor

As you helpfully edited out (LMAO at your ****ty editing BTW) the part where I observed there probably were genuine celebrations somewhere at that time I'm not inclined to ditch anything on your say so.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 05-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Fleet Admiral

CNN was showing a look back on some of this and showed the celebrations in Muslim countries after 9/11 not 15 minutes ago.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Depends if you mean real footage of them 'celebrating' after 9/11 or the stuff that FOX faked up to look like they were 'celebrating' at the time. There probably were people celebrating at the time somewhere anyway................if there weren't then they wouldn't be...........well............the bad guys.

---------

Either way, celebrations were likely on this happening.

The operation itself has nothing much to do with the respective President's themselves anyway. It's the back office people doing all the gathering, sifting and analysing, a whole host of ground operatives and then the folks who went in and actually carried out the operation.
Ok there it is in all it's glory or lack thereof. While you do admit the probability of celebrations "somewhere" which I did not address, your post implies that there weren't any in Palestine because FOX News faked them which I did address. There are a lot of things you do need to ditch, the least of which is your silly *** conspiracy theories.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
I don't think "celebration" is the right word. I also found it a little disturbing that Americans where in the streets celebrating.
Yeah I know what you mean... I suppose it's better to say that they're celebrating justice rather than his death.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
Ok there it is in all it's glory or lack thereof. While you do admit the probability of celebrations "somewhere" which I did not address, your post implies that there weren't any in Palestine because FOX News faked them which I did address. There are a lot of things you do need to ditch, the least of which is your silly *** conspiracy theories.
Thanks - it would have been easier to do that the first time however.

Now, if you want to replace FOX with CNN or whomever (I'm perfectly willing to admit remembering wrongly which network, it's usually FOX at some point) or get down to the specifics of which country was/was not having a street party that day that's fine.

Yes there were genuine celebrations going on somewhere in the world at that time, just as there are now.

And I still won't be ditching anything on your say so in particular - so get the hell over that idea.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I only quote what I specifically address. For most people it clears up any confusion, not everyone though. But you do need to ditch it Kevin, ditch it all.