The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Does anyone have any beefs with Star Trek
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Midshipman

Default Does anyone have any beefs with Star Trek

You know I don't want to say bad stuff about Star Trek, because for the most part, I love Star Trek. But there is one thing that I don't like about Star Trek. I don't like that when something happens in one book it is not mentioned in other books, and the actions from one book does not carry on to other ones. But that is just be

So what is your beef, and thing that you would change or get rid of compleley with Star Trek
Old 02-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

The only thing I have against Star Trek is that there is not a Star Trek show on T.V. currently! We need a new series!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Rozwell View Post
You know I don't want to say bad stuff about Star Trek, because for the most part, I love Star Trek. But there is one thing that I don't like about Star Trek. I don't like that when something happens in one book it is not mentioned in other books, and the actions from one book does not carry on to other ones. But that is just be

So what is your beef, and thing that you would change or get rid of compleley with Star Trek
Just wanted to say that it's not always the case. In fact, if you look at the last 3 TNG books, they all have something in common that gives them continuity in terms of story and character development. A couple of weeks ago I had decided to read "Before Dishonor" - the last book from Peter David - but about 10 pages into it I realized that I should read "Resistance" first in order to understand one major event that Mr. David kept referring to. And both books are not from the same author. "Resistance" was written by J.M. Dillard.

And the only beef I can think of that I have with Star Trek is that they keep doing (or rather kept doing) episodes that take place on Earth and in the past.

Last edited by Lady Vaako : 02-15-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I have tons of beefs with Star Trek.

I'd personally find it highly unlikely for any fan to say "I love every single bit of it"
Old 02-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Commander

They stopped making DS9 episodes!!!

Nah. Only joking (sort of.) Although I still wish I could see my fav. books as episodes - that would be sweet!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Admiral

My beef? What really annoyed me is when some character would start using star trek tech lingo in romantic scenes. It was mostly voyager but when someone would get defensive and they'd say something like, "oh someone's got their shields up" and stuff like that, it made me wanna barf. But Bones could pull it off. "I don't think he's running on all thrusters!"

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 02-16-2008, 06:45 AM
Ensign

My biggest beef: Enterprise, seasons 1 thru 3. Otherwise, I concur with HRH The KING's post that you can't please every Trek fan every single time... As the Vulcan say, IDIC.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:41 AM
Captain

Killing Kirk in an undignified manner, that and those who respond to those of us who find kirks death very poorly done with a comment like "Kirks dead, get over it". As if that is a problem in science fiction, duh!
Old 02-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes View Post
Killing Kirk in an undignified manner, that and those who respond to those of us who find kirks death very poorly done with a comment like "Kirks dead, get over it". As if that is a problem in science fiction, duh!
I don't believe his death was "undignified". He died by making "a difference". Did you ever see the deleted scene of how he originally was supposed to die (getting shot in the back by Sauron)? Now THAT is undignified. In the version we've all seen, Kirk risked his life to prevent the death of millions by decloaking the missle so Picard could rig it never to launch. He was a hero.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Lieutenant

The only beef I had was the exclusion of TAS as Canon