The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Star Trek sequel news thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Vice Admiral

No but hey didn't want to be held back by what it was by Crating a new Universe
having old Spock and having him cross into the new pays tribulte to the old Contunity

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Old 03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
True. I am not happy with the alternate universe. I'm not happy with the reboot. I'm not happy with the set designs. I'm not happy with the ship designs. I'm not happy with the dumbing down. I'm not happy with the stupid science. I'm not happy with the lack of respect for the past 40+ years of Trek history. I'm not happy with the changes made to characters' personalities and origins. I'm not happy with the fuglyprise. I'm not happy with the Tattoomulans. I'm not happy with Vulcan's destruction. I'm not happy with Amanda's pointless demise. I'm not happy with anything about STXI except Karl Urban. He was Bones. Very impressive. Otherwise, total and utter rubbish.

And Keesner sucks donkey toe cheese!!!!!

...Abrams...
I am with Zimmy on most of his points (new enterprise....yuck), and especially that Urban was by far the shining moment of this new trek. In the end, I enjoyed the movie (after getting myself right with expectations) and I guess that was the sale. I just took it for what it was.....a reboot that was gonna be much more Star Wars then Star Trek. But as alot of this, its just my opinion.

I still hold all other trek in much higher regard. But will I watch the next movie and hope for a much better script? You bet. I expect more of the same however, not alot of risk taking when you have a cash cow on hand.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Some ole timers need to take Kirk's (Shatner's) advice from ST:VI.

"Some people can be very frighten of change."
Old 03-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Vice Admiral

Give change a chance see old timers will never ever accept

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Old 03-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Fleet Admiral

It's called frightenED and space is disease and danger without any -ous. I try to be nice and refrain from making any comment about how this lazy-a*s-spelling might be connected to the type of crowd the new movies intend to reach. So yeah, think twice about getting personal as it backfires heavily.

Enough of this dickery, let's get into a normal discussion back again. Are you two fellows capable of it? Feel free to give it a try, it's not that hard to talk about the subject of the discussion instead of about the subjects involved in the discussion.
Liking the terrific cast, the production values and the fine directing while disliking the stupidity, shallowness and untrekishness of the story has little to do with being frightened of change. Some things have changed to the better, some to the worse. As the former points are fairly undisputed (at least I am not aware of anybody who thinks that Abrams cannot direct or that the visuals of the movie were far beyond those of any other Trek movie) only the latter ones are discussed.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Vice Admiral

well fair enough but it was the jab in the arm the Star Trek franchise needed the reboot and honestly in my opinion the reboot worked beautifully

Old 03-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Bring it.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
II try to be nice and refrain from making any comment about how this lazy-a*s-spelling might be connected to the type of crowd the new movies intend to reach.
Well, I do think that could be potentially unwise if only because the internet is the greatest home of bad typing/grammar in the world and we all have had our multiple typo issues - Zardoz had them all the time!

courtesy of Saquist
Old 03-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Commander

even so with a little bit of effort i think people could at least try to post like there no just texting there messages in lol dude yowsa

Old 03-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Federation Councillor

Yeah, in a perfect world. But this ain't a perfect world - this is the internet.

Sure, not having something useful to say (or perhaps repeating the same dull catchphrase or word over and over - which applies to those who like and dislike the flick I might add) is definitely one matter, I'm just saying typos in and of themselves aren't the greatest sin online.

courtesy of Saquist

Last edited by kevin : 03-06-2011 at 07:36 AM.