The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > My first ACTUAL 3D model build...the battlestar Galactica made with Blender
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Archer View Post
Martok,

The internet would be a better place if more people were as well-mannered as you are! As it is, my dad was worried he'd offend you, so he wanted me to be sure to let you know that he hasn't seen the show in years, and even when it was out he only had the model kit for reference outside the show (my dad has never really been one for details, anyway LOL).

I think everyone here respects your attempts, and I personally think from what photos I've seen of the show that you've put in a lot of effort to get the ship to look as screen-accurate as possible. I wish to add that my dad also had a model kit of the refit Enterprise from the first Star Trek movie (the first AMT kit, with the smooth surface detailing and light up saucer) and he loved both models, having told me and my brother many stories about them. Unfortunately he no longer has them, as he has moved around several times in the past 30 odd years, so I can only imagine what they looked like at one time. Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you. So here's to good memories, and ill-proportioned plastic.
''

LOL! It's all good, my friend. And I certainly wanted to make sure I did not offend your dad. I'm sure we both cherish our 12 inch Galactica models. (Indeed, I've only assembled the model, I haven't even slapped on the decals.)

Now, there is one guy at another one of the forums I frequent who did a bang up job adding TONS of detail to one of the plastic 12 inch Galacticas, and for its proportions, it looks frakkin' sweet! That guy had major patience, and his efforts paid off.

Do tell your dad that I raise a glass to him, and his taste in shows. And thank you for the kind words about my virtual model.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roysten View Post
Lovely, great effort
Many thanks.