The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Someone who enjoyed Star Trek XI
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Lieutenant

Default Someone who enjoyed Star Trek XI

I'm a long time fan of Star Trek and was surprised how much criticism the latest film got. Especially with what has come out of the franchise in the last few years. So I decided to write this as a counter to all the hate pages.

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/38105...e-star-trek-xi

Also i did do a parody of it as like most films it has some flaws. But it shouldn't distract from how good the films is.

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/19115...-parody-script

Anyone else with positive opinions of the film and what things they'd like kept for star trek XII
Old 11-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Lieutenant Commander

I'll be the first to rally to this cause! Being that the latest STAR TREK film managed to top my previous favorite film of all time, I can safely say that I'm one of the biggest fans of this new movie! LONG LIVE TREK!!!

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 11-25-2010, 05:35 AM
Vice Admiral

I second that

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Old 11-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade8069 View Post
I'm a long time fan of Star Trek and was surprised how much criticism the latest film got. Especially with what has come out of the franchise in the last few years. So I decided to write this as a counter to all the hate pages.

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/38105...e-star-trek-xi

Also i did do a parody of it as like most films it has some flaws. But it shouldn't distract from how good the films is.

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/19115...-parody-script

Anyone else with positive opinions of the film and what things they'd like kept for star trek XII
I share many of your positive opinions of the new film. Nicely done.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 11-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Federation Councillor

Sure...........one doesn't have to purchase anything to agree with the observations.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 11-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Lieutenant Commander

There are some people swimming hard against the current. The usual blah blah bullsh!t about how we should like Star Trek XI and not hate it. If you keep swimming against the current you'll eventually drown, so to speak. The funny part is all the new fans seem to think they know trek, news flash they don't. Watch all 79 episodes of TOS and then maybe you'll get why we hate the movie. As Picard said in "The Chase", the message fell on deafs ears because the Cardassians Klingons and Romulans all thought the dna message was some kind of link to a weapon but wouldn't listen to reason after they found it was universal friendship message. I suspect the same situation will happen even if the new fans do watch all 79 episodes, they still won't get it. Correction I think the term "new fans" is inappropriate and extremely inaccurate. Pseudo fans is more like it because most of the people who liked the movie weren't even into Star Trek before they saw it. Actually to be a real fan you have to have watched all 79 eps AND you have to had been into the franchise for at least 20 years. That puts most of the people praising the movie sh!t out of luck and yall need to be given a red shirt of FAIL for fun.

Last edited by JamesTKirk1701 : 11-27-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesTKirk1701 View Post
There are some people swimming hard against the current. The usual blah blah bullsh!t about how we should like Star Trek XI and not hate it. If you keep swimming against the current you'll eventually drown, so to speak. The funny part is all the new fans seem to think they know trek, news flash they don't. Watch all 79 episodes of TOS and then maybe you'll get why we hate the movie. As Picard said in "The Chase", the message fell on deafs ears because the Cardassians Klingons and Romulans all thought the dna message was some kind of link to a weapon. I suspect the same situation will happen even if the new fans do watch all 79 episodes, they still won't get it. Correction I think the term "new fans" is inappropriate and extremely inaccurate. Pseudo fans is more like it because most of the people who liked the movie weren't even into Star Trek before they saw it. Actually to be a real fan you have to have watched all 79 eps AND you have to had been into the franchise for at least 20 years. That puts most of the people praising the movie sh!t out of luck and yall need to be given a red shirt of FAIL for fun.
Woo-hoo!! Then by that (completely arbitrary and non-definitive) definition I am a fan - thank goodness I passed the criteria - and I liked the movie. Oh no!! What went wrong with me!

And you can swim against every other 'proper' fan that liked it as much as you want to but it's going nowhere.

So.........suck it up and get over it.

courtesy of Saquist