The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > 10 Questions concerning The Voyage Home
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Lieutenant

Default 10 Questions concerning The Voyage Home

Well 12 if you get literal. They are just some general questions that were brought up when we were drinking beer and watching the movie.

1.Did they wear the same clothes the whole time during their "Vulcan exile"?

2.Was Gillian easy? Shes throwing them out of the Aquarium one minute, and the next shes having a Michelob with Kirk.

3.How far did Kirk swim after opening the bay doors? I think I've asked that one before on a different thread.

4.Was it widely known that one could slingshot around the sun to travel thru time, or was it classified information that they knew because of who they were?

5.Why couldn't Spock discuss the subject of death with McCoy without a common frame of reference? He couldn't give any description of any kind?

6.Is it ironic that Sulu is from San Fran and Takei is gay?

7.What was the deal with Madeline?

8.What type of probe would be sent to destroy the very home of the species the were trying to contact? They state the probes hail or energy was ionizing the atmosphere.

9.What are some things Sulu said or did in order to use that helicopter?

10.Uhura and Chekov are at the Enterprise. Scotty, Sulu, and McCoy are getting plexiglass. Who beams aboard Spock when Kirk and Gillian drop him off? Was it Maltz?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade8069 View Post
Well 12 if you get literal. They are just some general questions that were brought up when we were drinking beer and watching the movie.
Let's see what we can devise..............

Quote:
Yes, but Vulcans are very good at overnight laundry service.

Quote:
2.Was Gillian easy? Shes throwing them out of the Aquarium one minute, and the next shes having a Michelob with Kirk.
She's a Kirk conquest - is this really a question?

Quote:
3.How far did Kirk swim after opening the bay doors? I think I've asked that one before on a different thread.
Far enough not to run out breath.

Quote:
4.Was it widely known that one could slingshot around the sun to travel thru time, or was it classified information that they knew because of who they were?
They discovered it in the first place - I direct you to 'The Naked Time' - so even if it was classified it wouldn't matter.

Quote:
5.Why couldn't Spock discuss the subject of death with McCoy without a common frame of reference? He couldn't give any description of any kind?
What answer would make sense? It's death - no-one really knows so best to avoid trying to describe it in any fashion.

Quote:
Um............

Quote:
She was interupting the business offer of a lifetime - she was rightly shooed out the office!

Quote:
8.What type of probe would be sent to destroy the very home of the species the were trying to contact? They state the probes hail or energy was ionizing the atmosphere.
Well, it was also capable of restoring the water to the Oceans so I kind of view at the probe equivalent of lifting the sofa to see if that stray coin is lying underneath it.

You know - take away the water, just to see if the whales are still there kinda thing.

Quote:
He must have made him a real sweet tasting deal?

Quote:
10.Uhura and Chekov are at the Enterprise. Scotty, Sulu, and McCoy are getting plexiglass. Who beams aboard Spock when Kirk and Gillian drop him off? Was it Maltz?
Damn - there's always one I can't answer without going back and having a look at the movie.

Later..........................................

courtesy of Saquist
Old 09-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Fleet Admiral

The question is: where did Kirk's pizza go?!

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 09-27-2010, 05:15 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
The question is: where did Kirk's pizza go?!
IIRC, I think one could see Kirk actually handing off the pizza to one of the other crew just after beaming back onto the BoP. (At least, it could be seen in the widescreen version.)

It's either that, or he laid the pizza on the transporter console....in any case, I do know somehow, somewhere, I did see the pizza box in evidence just after he beamed back aboard.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:16 AM
Commander

Maltz ate it. And it gave him a sour stomach.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade8069 View Post
Yes, but those clothes are from the future, man.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
To the surface.

Quote:
It was highly classified, that's why they had 3PO's mind wiped at the end.

Quote:
He was trying to get rid of McCoy, haven't you ever had someone pester you when you're busy?

Quote:
No, not ironic. "Ironic" would be if Sulu were from Lynchburg, VA.

Quote:
Not now!

Quote:
I don't know, but I'm guessing Dick Cheney was somehow involved.

Quote:
It's San Francisco. What do you think?

Quote:
No, not Maltz, that would be silly. Clearly it was the HAL-9000.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
IIRC, I think one could see Kirk actually handing off the pizza to one of the other crew just after beaming back onto the BoP. (At least, it could be seen in the widescreen version.)

It's either that, or he laid the pizza on the transporter console....in any case, I do know somehow, somewhere, I did see the pizza box in evidence just after he beamed back aboard.
He ate it. After having nothing but Vulcan and Klingon food for several weeks, a man gets hungry.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Lieutenant

WOW, thanks for your guys answers.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
She's a Kirk conquest - is this really a question?
Except she totally blows him off every time I watch. And he just stares after her, mouth open, like he just can't get it through his mind.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwiseb View Post
Except she totally blows him off every time I watch. And he just stares after her, mouth open, like he just can't get it through his mind.
He can't - he's not used to it. But................save a whale or two and I bet she was a different story offscreen!

That said, the gal adjusts lightening fast to being in the 23rd Century. She's hardly got there are she's already heading out on a science ship! Although, shouldn't she be looking after the whales as the only person in the 23rd Century who actually knows anything about them?

courtesy of Saquist