The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Asked Braga a question!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Well, if you are that proficient in English perhaps you could demonstrate as such by qualifying slightly why you dislike Braga.

'Douche' and 'dick' aren't really very much to go on and perhaps with the attitude you demonstrated it's not all that surprising that someone with Martok's sense of humour felt like responding in his normal way to it.

I'm no fan of Braga myself, but in discussing him I can normally come up with something slightly more detailed.
But that's how Braga has behaved when he was objecting to the fan's complaints on ENT.

"Dick" and "Douche" seem almost...perfect.
Have you heard those interviews? He acts like something is wrong with the fans.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
But that's how Braga has behaved when he was objecting to the fan's complaints on ENT.

Some fans (not me) like his stuff. Not everyone hates him. So in some people's eyes he didn't do anything wrong with his work on Trek.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 08-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:

Read it again, he wasn't objecting to any complaints. He rather admitted that he made mistakes and is responsible for the failure of ENT.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Garth View Post
Sorry Quark, didnt mean to highjack your thread.

Don't worry about...No harm, no foul.
Let's just get back on topic. I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Garth View Post
Sorry Quark, didnt mean to highjack your thread.
No problem Garth. And I don't think it was meant as an insult, but that's just me. But who knows...it's hard to tell these days.

Anyway, back to Braga, he was also pretty drunk that night and kept taking the mike from the Q&A dude haha! It was classic! I can't wait until they have the interview online!

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 08-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Federation Councillor

Threads wander - for all sorts of reasons. Don't sweat it.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 08-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Fleet Admiral

To Lord Garth:

If you re-read my parody, you'll notice that when I quoted NCC's question about "What did Braga do wrong?", I removed your name from the quote, because I did not want my parody to sound like a direct response to you, or like I was answering FOR you. (You'll also notice, I put "speaking only for myself".) Whenever I make an answer like that, it is almost always pre-ambled with "speaking only for myself", because I do not want to implicate or involve anyone else.

I do a LOT of fan-irony humor....sometimes, it might come across a bit scathing....but not on a personal level. Only those who take their fandoms too seriously are the ones who find it personally scathing.

Life's too short to take any fandom seriously. Trust me. I've been balls deep in the whole Classic Galactica vs New Galactica conflict.....that was NOT a pretty sight for those concerned.

I'm the kind of fan who likes to see others' interpretations/takes on a given work. That's why I'm rarely on a rampage about any one particular film or episode, or series. (Now, you wanna talk Angelina Jolie playing Lara Croft....there's a rant I can go on for days and days about.....she just ain't Lara Croft in my book.)

When Ron Moore did his version of Galactica, I loved it as much as I loved the classic Larson series.

I also enjoyed the movie redux of Lost In Space.

I like pretty much ALL the Star Trek movies and series. I find Trek's V and Insurrection to be on the inferior side, but not so much that I cannot enjoy them. I've found FEW if any episodes from any one series that I didn't care for.

And like you, I eagerly await the next film.

You'll find we probably have a lot more in common than you might suspect you wish to give credit for. There was nothing personal in my parody, and I apologize if it rubbed you the wrong way. It was meant as an eye opener to those who might indeed take their fandoms too seriously.

I just don't think any fandom is so much to start making threats over. I don't sweat over ANYONE on the internet, just so you know. And just to make perfect clarity, I fear no man. My skillset kinda ensures that.

As a general rule, I ride the fence on a LOT of fandoms....so I can parody either side, and myself....and not feel any worse for it. But if it does rub someone the wrong way, perhaps I went too far, and I'll apologize if it really wounded 'em that badly. You can ask anyone on this forum.

Anyhoo, that's where I stand.

Martok2112

Old 08-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
Read it again, he wasn't objecting to any complaints. He rather admitted that he made mistakes and is responsible for the failure of ENT.
I wasn't talking about the quote I found and posted.
Braga is known for his up start attitude toward the fans concerning the errors of ENTERPRISE. He knows what he's said and that's why he doesn't want to continue to engage the fans

It was Braga not Berman that stubbornly opposed all the FAN objections to the new show. His change of attitude is nice but an apology would be nicer...more mature. Leave the crude illiterate language for his social standards and start acting like a man that represents the company. Diplomacy and slumming does make for a pleasant melange.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Braga is known for his up start attitude toward the fans concerning the errors of ENTERPRISE. He knows what he's said and that's why he doesn't want to continue to engage the fans

It was Braga not Berman that stubbornly opposed all the FAN objections to the new show. His change of attitude is nice but an apology would be nicer...more mature. Leave the crude illiterate language for his social standards and start acting like a man that represents the company. Diplomacy and slumming does make for a pleasant melange.
Dune fan too?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:

You lie, just read the quote again, he DID apologize. Berman and Braga have apologized frequently for their mistakes and yet they still get personally attacked by scum like our very own Lord Garth who wish them to die.
Talking about fanatic fans without manners ...

By the way, you are the logic god so you should know that ad hominem attacks constitute no argument.
I personally liked for example Meyer's and didn't like O&K's work for Trek and I'd even use words like intellectual vs. pop-artists to describe their work but that's it, I don't know any of these guys personally and don't care whether they are nice folks or scumbags.

Last edited by horatio : 08-17-2010 at 09:10 AM.