The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Asked Braga a question!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Garth View Post
Dont try to backpeddle on this, you were speaking about/to me. I am taken very seriously and meet up with keyboard cowboys all the time and trust me their story changes real quick. I dont come to forums to start trouble its not my style. Also I did not threaten you Im just saying you should watch what you say. If I dont like the dude what difference does that make to you? Are you his friend, do you guys golf together? So if you are just a jokester then let it be.
There's nothing personal about this at all - Martok's posts (if you care to actually take a look at them) verify his particular sense of humour about certain aspects of fandom.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 08-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Dont try to backpeddle on this, you were speaking about/to me. I am taken very seriously and meet up with keyboard cowboys all the time and trust me their story changes real quick. I dont come to forums to start trouble its not my style. Also I did not threaten you Im just saying you should watch what you say. If I dont like the dude what difference does that make to you? Are you his friend, do you guys golf together? So if you are just a jokester then let it be.

Both of you chill out.
Martok is just goofing around.
Garth is keeping it real.
More than enough forum for everyone.
Befriends...
Kumbijah...

Old 08-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Rear Admiral

About Braga, I was talking to him about some dude who doesn't know much about Star Trek let alone the producers/writers and knows Brannan as the producer/creator of FlashForward, 24, in addition to other non-Star Trek work. However, with Rick Berman, if it's not Star Trek, no one who the heck he is. That is a little sad to not have any experience with anything else but Star Trek.

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 08-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Ensign

I cant wait for the next Trek film!

Last edited by Lord Garth : 08-16-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Federation Councillor

Berman seems to have retired after ENT ended and he hadn't done much else prior to starting with it back in '87 so I guess maybe it's not surprising.

Braga is younger and has more time to move around.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 08-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Ensign

Sorry Quark, didnt mean to highjack your thread.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
About Braga, I was talking to him about some dude who doesn't know much about Star Trek let alone the producers/writers and knows Brannan as the producer/creator of FlashForward, 24, in addition to other non-Star Trek work. However, with Rick Berman, if it's not Star Trek, no one who the heck he is. That is a little sad to not have any experience with anything else but Star Trek.
Sometimes you get known for your screwups if they're bad enough.
Tanking a series is pretty serious.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
I am proficient in English and understood what he meant. I also know nothing was said until I posted. So his comment/retort was directed at me. I did not appreciate it and got upset. I understand brotherhood and the need to defend him but his comment made in my direction were unwarranted.
He has similar comments on multiple threads. We are defending him because it is the truth, he is not attacking you or anyone else.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
I am proficient in English and understood what he meant. I also know nothing was said until I posted. So his comment/retort was directed at me. I did not appreciate it and got upset. I understand brotherhood and the need to defend him but his comment made in my direction were unwarranted.
Well, if you are that proficient in English perhaps you could demonstrate as such by qualifying slightly why you dislike Braga.

'Douche' and 'dick' aren't really very much to go on and perhaps with the attitude you demonstrated it's not all that surprising that someone with Martok's sense of humour felt like responding in his normal way to it.

I'm no fan of Braga myself, but in discussing him I can (normally) come up with something slightly more detailed. Plus, to those who might be fans of Braga, you could be construed as being a little insulting to them yourself with your language.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 08-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
There was nothing personal about Martok's "XYZ raped my fanboy childhood" thing, it is just fanboy-self-irony. We all whine and b*tch about things or persons in Trek which we don't like from time to time and we should be aware of how idle this is.