The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > StarTrek.com Relaunch
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-15-2010, 08:44 PM
chator's Avatar
chator chator is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,261
Default StarTrek.com Relaunch

Here's a story about the re-launch of startrek.com,

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/07/15/st...bsite+launched

And here's the website link, http://www.startrek.com/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-16-2010, 05:36 AM
starbase63's Avatar
starbase63 starbase63 is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 1,727
Cool

So far the st.com relaunch is a big FUBAR...

The site and the boards were in no shape to go live...

Half the functions don't work...

And the established members are having trouble getting in, and once in, they keep getting logged out!!!

Plus it looks like it was created on Freewebs...

So far, the new site's a dud.

I was never a HUGE fan of these vBulletin type boards, but I'd take these over what they have at st.com right now.
__________________
Never keep a Vulcan waiting...
Admin, sb63's Star Trek Logs, member of the Trek Webmaster Program
STL is now also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekLogs

Last edited by starbase63 : 07-16-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-16-2010, 09:32 AM
jla1987's Avatar
jla1987 jla1987 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,483
Default

I've already decide that I'm not going to participate in the forum there. Same old crap with a new look.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-16-2010, 10:28 AM
starbase63's Avatar
starbase63 starbase63 is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 1,727
Cool

Yep...even Kai (Beverly Bones Bashir) had to make a customary unneeded remark in my Roll Call thread just to be true to form...
__________________
Never keep a Vulcan waiting...
Admin, sb63's Star Trek Logs, member of the Trek Webmaster Program
STL is now also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekLogs
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-16-2010, 10:31 AM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
I've already decide that I'm not going to participate in the forum there. Same old crap with a new look.
I had a nosey to see what the fuss was about but it doesn't look like anyplace I would devote a lot of time to either.

I'll stick to this place (until whenever anything occurs) and Janeway's forum methinks.
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-16-2010, 12:50 PM
jla1987's Avatar
jla1987 jla1987 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I had a nosey to see what the fuss was about but it doesn't look like anyplace I would devote a lot of time to either.

I'll stick to this place (until whenever anything occurs) and Janeway's forum methinks.
A wise choice!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-18-2010, 09:48 AM
KJTrek's Avatar
KJTrek KJTrek is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In front of a computer
Posts: 2,608
Default

Well, beyond the forums... do you guys have any other feedback? After all, most people aren't going to be on the forums, but in the website. I think the layout is a small improvement over the original, but it needs some major refinement. The important information shouldn't be so far down the page that you need to scroll. Also, the writing is dry to say the least.
__________________
Good and bad men are each less so than they seem.
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-18-2010, 12:32 PM
chator's Avatar
chator chator is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJTrek View Post
Well, beyond the forums... do you guys have any other feedback? After all, most people aren't going to be on the forums, but in the website. I think the layout is a small improvement over the original, but it needs some major refinement. The important information shouldn't be so far down the page that you need to scroll. Also, the writing is dry to say the least.
Yeah, don't like the forums too. But like the all the videos they have up and how you can get news from one source, and watch all TOS episodes in HD on demand.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-18-2010, 03:41 PM
jla1987's Avatar
jla1987 jla1987 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chator View Post
Yeah, don't like the forums too. But like the all the videos they have up and how you can get news from one source, and watch all TOS episodes in HD on demand.
The TOS in HD is a big plus for me! I have a hankering to watch Doomsday Machine soon! Haven't seen the remastered episode in ages.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-18-2010, 08:48 PM
chator's Avatar
chator chator is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
The TOS in HD is a big plus for me! I have a hankering to watch Doomsday Machine soon! Haven't seen the remastered episode in ages.
They are offering all TOS episodes and most episodes from Seasons 1-3 of ENTERPRISE on demand. That's a plus more me too since I haven't seen some of those ENT episodes in years, and have yet to see all TOS episodes as well, and didn't buy all the Dvd seasons for these.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.