The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Films > Movies (I - X) > Kirk & Chekov make nice on "Raw Nerve"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default Kirk & Chekov make nice on "Raw Nerve"

It was fun to see the nice interplay between Bill and Walter on Bio's "Raw Nerve" show.
Seeing Walter bring up the supposed "animosity" that the supporting cast felt for Bill reminded me of some of Walter's writings in old issues of "Starlog" and in a couple of books he had written.
Personally I feel bad that Walter, George, Nichelle and Jimmy all felt bad about Bill and some of them apparently weren't big Nimoy fans either.
It was nice to see Walter acknowledge the truth that when the supporting cast went to the hundreds and hundreds of "Star Trek" conventions, the fans treated them as "stars" when in fact, they were the supporting cast.
Without Bill working hard at staying youthful looking and Leonard and De's great work, "Star Trek" would have died out in '69 or after the first movie ended.
I think all of the billions of people that have made money off of "Star Trek" should be kissing Bill's fat tookas for allowing them to feed their families and send their kids to college.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:44 AM
Fleet Admiral

Billions of people? The shows and movies were watched by millions and produced by thousands and for most of the latter it was a job like any other.
You just gotta watch TFF to realize that Shatner treated his fellow actors like crap and while I enjoy him very much in the role of Kirk he isn't single-handedly responsible for Trek's success. There are plenty of actors, writers, producers and directors whose input was also essential.

It's great that you like Shatner, we all have some Trek actor or writer which we like. Not that I mind that Shatner didn't stay in shape, he is an actor and not a bodybuilder, but please remain in the realm of reality and avoid self-satire like "Bill working hard at staying youthful".

Old 03-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Federation Councillor

Yeah............whatever one's own opinion on Shatner.............I think 'billions' owing Shatner their undying gratitude is taking things a little too far.

What about GR?, Bob Justman? D.C Fontana? and the thousands of other people over the years?

It's not all about the Shat-ego at the 'top' of the pile.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 03-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Horatio -

Thanks for the feedback on the billions vs. millions vs. thousands. I was just enthusiastic and it led me to exaggerate just a wee bit. No harm, no foul, eh.
I was just praising Bill because he seems to be an easy target when people say negative things about "Star Trek". His performances over the years have been slammed far more times than they've been praised in the Press and only since that guest shot on the John Lithgow sitcom and his guest stint as Denny Crane on "The Practice" have people stood up and noticed him.
I created my original post because I thought it was nice that Walter Koenig put aside any supposed animosity and buried the hatchet with Bill.
Your comment about "avoid self satire" seemed a little condescending whether you meant it that way or not.

Kevin - I didn't mean to denigrate the other great contributors to the legacy of "Star Trek". Roddenberry, Fontana, Gene Coon, Berman, Harve Bennett, Nick Meyer and so many others played key roles, but obviously in front of the screen I think Bill, Leonard and De played the biggest role in turning a tv show into a phenomenon.